Get the WD SES Device USB Device driver for Windows 10, 8, 7 to make the most of your WD hard drive. Read this article to learn the top ways to do it.
WD or Western Digital is a pioneer in the manufacturing of hard disk drives and data storage devices.
To make the best use of WD hard drives and enable useful features, such as password protection, LED control, etc., you need an SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) driver.
If you do not download the WD SES Device USB Device driver, the hard drive won’t support the functions, like password protection, correctly.
Therefore, this post shares the best methods to download, install, and update the WD SES Device USB Device driver for Windows 7, 8, 10.
Methods to download WD SES Device USB Device driver, install and update it
Below are the top techniques to get the WD SES Device USB Device driver’s updated version downloaded and installed on Windows 10, 8, 7.
Method 1: Download and install the WD SES Device USB Device driver update via Device Manager
Device Manager is a tool found in Windows to download and install the needed driver updates.
Below is the process to make use of the Device Manager to get the WD SES Device USB Device driver downloaded, installed, and updated.
- Apply the keyboard command Windows+X to get access to the Quick Access menu.
- Select Device Manager from the menu that arrives on your screen.
- Click on the other devices to unhide them.
- Right-click the WD SES Device USB Device and pick Update driver from the given options.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After you complete all the above steps, restart your computer.
Method 2: Update the Windows Operating System
Performing the Windows update solves most of the problems you are experiencing on your computer. Moreover, it also gets you the updated drivers installed on your device at the same time.
Below is how to get a Windows update to download the WD SES Device USB Device driver update on Windows 10.
- Apply the keypad shortcut Windows+I to bring up the Settings of your PC.
- Make a click on Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- Download the update available for your operating system and install it.
- Restart your Windows computer.
Method 3: Download WD USB Device driver’s update automatically (Recommended)
If, like many other users, you also find it tough, cumbersome, and tiring to download the driver updates manually, here’s something for you.
You can download and install updates for outdated drivers without any exhausting efforts using competent software.
There are a lot of professional driver updaters available in the market. In our opinion, Bit Driver Updater is the best out of them.
This software performs driver updates with just a single click. Moreover, it also comes loaded with multiple wonderful features, like driver backup and restoration, an option to speed up the driver download process, etc.
We have done a complete analysis and review of Bit Driver Updater. You can go through the same to know the entire information about this software in more detail.
Below is the quick process to download the WD SES Device USB Device driver update via Bit Driver Updater.
- Make a click on the download link shared here to download the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Make a double click on the downloaded installation file and follow the directions to install the software.
- Wait for a few seconds till the software completes the computer scan.
- Choose Update All to get all the old drivers updated instantly.
If you think it is better to update just the WD SES Device USB Device driver, you can pick the Update Now option.
This article highlighted methods to download, install, and update the WD USB Device driver. You can select any method you find convenient.
However, we recommend updating the drivers through Bit Driver Updater to save you highly valuable time, effort, and energy for other more productive tasks.
For more informative tech guides, keep following the Innovana blog.