Can you imagine living without the internet? We know that the answer is no. In the present era, where everything ranging from work to education has gone digital, imagining a computer without internet connectivity seems impossible. Nowadays, a PC or laptop needs to have an all-time available wifi connection. But, even after having proper wifi connections, you cannot enjoy undisrupted internet unless you download wifi driver on Windows 10 correctly.
Moreover, just downloading the drivers is not enough, and you also need to update wifi driver on Windows 10 timely to avoid various errors. Therefore, through this post, we shall discuss how to download drivers, install, reinstall, and update them.
How to Download, Install, and Reinstall Wi-Fi Drivers
It is not tough to download wifi driver on Windows 10, install, and reinstall it. Doing this is easy as pie with the below methods.
Method 1: Download wifi Drivers via the Official Website
The official website of the wireless adapter or computer manufacturer allows you to download wifi drivers on windows 10 as well as update them. Thus, you can get the latest wifi drivers through the manufacturer’s website with the below steps.
- Visit the official website of your wireless adapter or computer manufacturer.
- Search for the wifi drivers compatible with the OS and your device model.
- Download the driver file and after the download completes, unzip the file (if it is zipped).
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to download and install wifi drivers on Windows 10.
Method 2: Install wifi Drivers via Device Manager
Device Manager is a utility in Windows to download, install, reinstall, and update drivers. You can use it to install wifi drivers on Windows 10 with ease. Below is how to do it.
- Hit Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously to call up “Run box”.
- In the Run box, enter “devmgmt.msc” and click “OK”.
- After the “Device Manager” opens, expand the “Network adapters” category.
- Right-click the wireless network adapter and select “Update driver”.
- Now, click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Input the location where you have saved the wifi driver file, mark “Include subfolders” and click “Browse”.
- Select the folder containing wifi driver file and click “OK”.
- Follow the instructions that you get on the screen to install and update wifi driver on Windows 10.
Method 3: Uninstall Wifi Driver to Reinstall it
To reinstall wifi driver on Windows 10, you need to uninstall it from Device Manager and then restart the PC. Below is the sequence of steps to do it.
- Call up “Device Manager”.
- Expand the category of “Network adapters” and right-click your wifi adapter.
- Choose “Uninstall device” from the on-screen menu.
- Click on “Uninstall” to confirm the wifi driver uninstallation.
- Restart the PC after the uninstallation to completes to download and reinstall wifi driver on Windows 10.
How to Update Wifi Driver on Windows 10
Updating wifi drivers on Windows 10 is a cakewalk with the methods shared below.
Method 1: Perform Windows update
With every OS update, you get the latest available versions of the drivers installed on your PC. Thus, you can perform the Windows update for updating wifi drivers on Windows 10. Here’re the steps to do it.
- In the “Run box” type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” and click on “OK”.
- After the Windows Update screen comes up, click on “Check for updates”. In a few cases, Windows has already found an OS update, in such a situation, click on “Download”.
- Wait till the OS is updated, and Windows downloads and updates wifi drivers on Windows 10.
Method 2: Use Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
As you can see, the above manual ways to download and update wifi drivers on Windows 10 are a lot of technical. Even if a single step goes wrong, then the situation can become even worse. Therefore, we suggest you install the latest wifi drivers automatically with Bit Driver Updater. Not just wifi drivers, this tool updates all device drivers in a New York minute without requiring any tiring efforts from your end. Moreover, it also makes the performance of your computer 50% faster and smoother. Below is how to use it.
How to Update Wifi Driver via Bit Driver Updater
Here are the simple steps to solve driver issues with Bit Driver Updater.
- Download, set up, and launch Bit Driver Updater.
- Wait for the automatic PC scan to complete.
- After a few seconds, when the scan finishes, click on “Update Now” to update wifi drivers on Windows 10. To update all drivers in a single shot click on “Update All”.
Yes, downloading, installing, reinstalling, and updating wifi driver on Windows 10 is this simple. Along with easy driver download, install, reinstall, and update, Bit Driver Updater offers some incredible features such as driver backup and restore, scan scheduling, exclusion of drivers from the scan, multiple language support, and more. Further, it downloads only WHQL certified drivers. Hence, click on the below link to get it.
Download & Update WiFi Driver on Windows 10: Done
Above we learned how to download wifi driver on Windows 10 in the correct way. We also talked about the best ways to update wifi driver on Windows 10 as keeping the wifi drivers updated is crucial for uninterrupted internet connectivity. You can download, install, reinstall, and update drivers with any of the methods discussed here. Feel free to share your views via the below comment box and keep following our blog for more such useful posts.