Download Xbox wireless adapter drivers and keep them updated to avoid all sorts of errors. This article shares the simplest and quickest ways to do it.
Do you have an older Xbox One controller that uses Bluetooth instead of a wireless connection or want to connect up to eight gamepads to your computer? If the answer to this question is yes, then you need an Xbox wireless adapter to do the needful. However, merely having an adapter is not enough. You may still face various annoying issues if you do not correctly download Xbox wireless adapter drivers to help it communicate with the PC.
Further, for seamless connectivity and gaming, you cannot stop at just downloading the drivers. It is equally important to update Xbox wireless adapter drivers from time to time for smooth performance. Hence, this article shares the most straightforward methods for downloading and updating drivers for your Xbox wireless adapter. First, let’s take quick look at the most recommended way to do it.
The most recommended way to download and update Xbox wireless adapter driver
In our humble opinion, the most appropriate method to download and update the driver is through Bit Driver Updater. With this software, you can get all the required drivers in a single click. Moreover, it also eliminates various errors and makes the PC’s performance smooth at the same time. You can get it from the below download link.
How to Download and Update Xbox Wireless Adapter Drivers
Below we share the easiest ways that you can adopt to download Xbox wireless adapter drivers if they are unavailable on Windows 10 and update the same.
Way 1: Download Xbox Wireless Adapter Drivers via Microsoft Update Catalog
Microsoft Update Catalog is the location that has all the needed drivers for Microsoft products. Below are the steps to download Xbox wireless adapter drivers from there.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- In the box where it is written: “Start your search”, input “Xbox wireless adapter”, and click on the “Search” button.
- After clicking the Search button, a list of wireless adapter drivers for Xbox appears on the screen, scroll down to find the one that is compatible with your computer’s operating system.
- Once you find the compatible driver, click on the “Download” button present next to it.
- After the driver file is downloaded, unzip, and save it on your computer.
- Use the combination of keys Windows and R to evoke the “Run box.”
- When the Run box pops up, type “devmgmt.msc” in the designated space and click on “OK.”
- Now, Device Manager will appear on your screen. Click on the “Other devices” category for expanding its contents.
- Right-click on “Xbox ACC” and choose “Update driver” from the available options.
- Next, click on “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Now, you need to mention the location containing the driver file that you have downloaded earlier.
- Checkmark the “Include subfolders” box and click on the “Browse” option.
- A list of folders appears on the screen. Select the folder where you have saved the Xbox wireless receiver driver for Windows 10.
- After selecting the folder, click on the “OK” button.
- Lastly, tread on the heels of the instructions that are displayed on the screen to install the driver. When the process finishes, restart the PC.
Way 2: Let Windows Search for Required Drivers
This method to download and update Xbox wireless adapter drivers is quite simple as compared to the previous one. But, its success is not guaranteed because when the driver updates are recently released, Windows often becomes unsuccessful in finding, downloading, and installing them. However, if you want to try your luck, then implement the steps shared below.
- Launch the “Device Manager” on your computer.
- After the Device Manager is evoked, click on the “Network adapters” to expand them.
- Right-click on your Xbox wireless controller and Choose “Update driver” from the given options.
- Now, from the two visible alternatives, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Wait for some hours till Windows finds the updated Xbox wireless controller driver for Windows 10, downloads, and installs the same.
Way 3: Download and Update Xbox Wireless Adapter Drivers Automatically (Recommended)
Time and energy is something that we should use judiciously. But, the above-explained manual methods to download Xbox wireless adapter drivers and update them take up a lot of time, energy, and efforts. Therefore, we do not recommend them. What we promote more is an automatic way to get all the required drivers. You can download and update all the device drivers automatically in a single click using Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the best driver updaters that installs WHQL authenticated driver updates, makes the PC fast and smooth performing. Further, it is also among the most straightforward and easy to use driver updaters available currently. You can download and update all the drivers, including the driver for the Xbox wireless gaming receiver for Windows 10, in a few simple steps that are shared below.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and install the same from here.
- Let the software perform an automatic computer scan. However, if you do not want to scan the computer automatically, then choose the “Scan” option to run a manual scan.
- After the scan gets completed and its results come up, click on the “Update Now” option located next to the Xbox wireless network adapter. If you want to play smart and get rid of all the outdated drivers in just a click, then select “Update All.” Choosing Update All also gives you a plethora of highly useful options such as driver backup and restore driver download speed acceleration, and more.
We know it is tough to believe, but an implementation of the above easy steps is all you need to download and update Xbox wireless network adapter as well as the other drivers. Below is the link to download and install this incredible software.
Download and Update Xbox Wireless Adapter Drivers: Concluding thoughts
Through this article, we discussed three simple ways using which we can download Xbox wireless adapter drivers and update them. Out of the methods known to us, we suggest that you should perform a driver update with Bit Driver Updater since it is the easiest and best method to do so. In case you are aware of more ways to complete this task, then educate us about the same through the below comment box. We will be waiting for your feedback on this typewritten note and will be back with another tech guide soon.