It is quite easy to fix the problems because of which the Asus laptop WiFi is not working. Read further to know how you can resolve this problem in no time.
No online games, movie streaming, online learning, facility to work from anywhere, and video calls with dear ones, you must be wondering what all this is, right? Well, this is life without the internet. It is the kind of life we used to live once upon a time. But, can you now even imagine living like that? We do not think so. Even we cannot. But, some Asus users are forced to spend their days without the internet as WiFi is not working on Asus laptops. It is possible to have internet connectivity through mobile networks, but that costs a lot. If you are also facing a similar situation, then focus on this article as it shares the quick fixes to solve this problem without much effort.
We will not take much of your valuable time and come straight to the point. The below section elucidates the solutions to fix the Asus laptop WiFi problem.
Easy Solutions for Asus Laptop Wifi Not Working (100% Working)
Try out the below fixes to solve the Asus laptop WiFi not working issue in a New York minute.
Solution 1: Make Sure the Wifi is Not Disabled
The Asus laptop WiFi will not be working if it is disabled. Therefore, make sure the WiFi is enabled with the below steps.
- In the “Type here to search” bar, input “Network connections”, and click the first result.
- Right-click the WiFi connection and select “Enable” from the options.
- Check whether your Asus laptop WiFi is working or not.
Solution 2: Change the Address of the DNS Server
If you have set the address of the DNS server wrongly, then the Asus laptop won’t connect to WiFi on Windows 10. Thus, implement the below process to change the DNS server address.
- Open “Network connections” on your computer.
- Right-click on WiFi and choose “Properties” from the options present in the popup menu.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose “Properties.”
- Go to the “General” tab and enter the following in the DNS address.
For Preferred DNS server, input 184.108.40.206
For Alternate DNS server, input 220.127.116.11.
- At last, click “OK” to save the changes that you have made.
Solution 3: Run the WLAN AutoConfig Service
If the WLAN AutoConfig Service is not running, then the Asus laptop cannot connect to WiFi. Therefore, go along with the below step-by-step instructions to run the service.
- Using the keyboard shortcut Windows+ R, make the “Run box” visible.
- Once the Run box gets triggered, type “services.msc” and click “OK.”
- Wait for the Services screen to come up. After it gets visible, locate and double click on WLAN AutoConfig.
- After the WLAN AutoConfig Properties appear, click on “Startup type” and choose “Automatic.”
- Select “Start.”
- Click on “OK” and “Apply.”
Also Read: How To Fix WiFi Related Problem On Windows?
Solution 4: Reset the Settings of Your Network
You can reset the network settings to fix the Asus laptop WiFi if it is not working. Here are the quick steps to reset the settings.
- Type “Cmd” in the Windows search bar and right-click the first result.
- Select “Run as administrator” from the right-click popup menu.
- Input the following commands one-by-one and press Enter after typing each of these commands.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Restart your computer after running all the above commands.
Solution 5: Adjust the Settings of Power Management
Turning off the Wireless LAN card to save power can cause the Asus laptop WiFi not working problem on Windows 10. Therefore, follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Bring to sight the “Run box.”
- In that box, type “devmgmt.msc” and choose “OK.”
- When the Device Manager opens, click on “Network adapters” to section to expand it.
- Right-click on Wireless LAN Card and choose “Properties” from the on-screen options.
- Go the “Power Management” tab and unmark “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
Solution 6: Update the Wifi Adapter Driver (Recommended)
In almost all the cases, WiFi does not work because of a broken or out of the date WiFi driver. Further, outdated drivers are also one of the major reasons for a multitude of computer problems. Therefore, we suggest you update the drivers as soon as possible and ensure that they always remain updated. You can do so in two ways, one is manual and another is a shorter automatic route. We recommend the second option as it makes updating drivers an effortless task. ITL Driver Updater is the topmost utility that we suggest to update drivers. It updates drivers automatically and requires almost no effort from your side. Below is the way of using it.
- Use the Button mentioned below to get this program.
- Install it and wait for a few seconds till the device scan is complete.
- At last, locate the WiFi driver from the result and click the “Update Now” option present next to it. If you wish, then you can also choose “Update All” to update all drivers in one click.
This was how to update drivers in the easiest possible way and improve the performance of the device at the same time. Below is the link from which you can download ITL Driver Updater.
Asus Laptop Wifi Not Working: Fixed
Through this blog post, we got enlightened about how to fix the Asus laptop WiFi if it is not working. Hopefully, the problem is now fixed. In case you face any issues while fixing it, then share your queries without any hesitation. Also, make sure that you have subscribed to Innovana Blog as our next tech tutorial is coming soon. In addition to subscribing to the blog, you can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Linkedin.