If you are also facing the problem of ‘Dev Error 6068’ in MW (Modern Warfare), take the help of this tutorial on how to fix this issue once and for all.
The Call of Duty gaming series is very popular amongst the gaming community. The high-quality graphics and real-like gaming experience made it one of the most downloaded, loved, and played combat games for PC and other platforms. If you are a regular player of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare, you may already know about the Dev Error 6068. This error is very annoying as it stops the game from launching. You are not the only one who faces this problem. A lot of gamers around the world have reported this bug. So, to help you with this issue, we have provided some of the best and working fixes for Dev Error 6068 in MW (Modern Warfare) in this article. But before going on to the methods, first, let’s understand what is the Dev Error 6068?
What is Dev Error 6068 in MW?
The Dev Error 6068 is very common in Modern Warfare games. This error generally appears on the gamers’ screen when the system driver is outdated or the installation files are corrupt. There are a few other reasons that may cause this problem. The result of this problem is generally the same, whether it halts the game launch, or shows a block screen within 10 minutes of the gameplay.
System Requirements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Before we go any further, you should make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements to run the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game on your PC. Have a look at all the Minimum System Requirements to run the game:
- OS- Windows 7 and upper (Windows 10 64-bit recommended)
- Processor- Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300 and higher (Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X processor, recommended)
- Memory- 8GB RAM (12GB recommended)
- GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1660 or Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580 recommended)
- Video Memory- 2GB (4GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space- 175 GB Free
- DirectX- DirectX 12 Compatible System
If all these properties are met with your system, and you still face Dev Error 6068 in MW, take the helo of the solutions listed in this article.
Also Read: Razer Synapse Not Opening Windows 10 (Fixed)
Recommended Solution for Dev Error 6068 in MW
Before we move on to all the fixes for the problem, here we provide the best and recommended solution for this problem. You already know that the most common reason behind the Dev Error 6068 in MW is outdated drivers. We recommend that you regularly update the system drivers with the help of Bit Driver Updater. The software provides regular and real-time updates from trusted sources to eradicate all the possible problems. Click the button below to download the setup for Bit Driver Updater.
100% Working Fixes for Dev Error 6068 in MW
Here are some of the working fixes for the Dev Error 6068 in MW. With the help of these methods, you can get rid of this problem permanently and run the game smoothly, as it was meant to.
Method 1: Run the Game as an Administrator
The first thing you should do if you ever face the Dev Error 6068 in MW is to run the game as an administrator. Running any game or program as an administrator means that you want it to override the problems halting a smoother run of the program. Additionally, the administrator provides special access to deep features of Windows that are normally off-limits. Here’s how you can run Modern Warfare as an administrator:
- Run the Battle.net Launcher for Call of Duty MW and select the game.
- Click on the Options tab present at the right side of the window.
- Click on Show in Explorer to navigate to the game installation folder.
- After the game location window appears, right-click on the game file and select the Run as Administrator option.
After the completion of the above process, check whether the game launches and runs properly. If MW does not launch and shows the Dev Error 6068, then take the help of the below-listed methods.
Method 2: Turn-off the NVIDIA Overlay Option
Some programs, graphics controllers, and other utilities have some overlay features. These programs include GeForce Experience, AMD Overlay, Game Bar, etc. such programs overtake the settings of the game and run them in different settings. This process may not always be effective for gaming. You should turn off the overlay feature of such programs to run the games properly and error-free. The overlay also results in Dev Error 6068 in MW. Here is how you can turn off the overlay option in NVIDIA GeForce Experience:
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons on your keyboard.
- From the Task Manager, select every program related to Call of Duty Modern Warfare, the game itself, and close them all.
- Run the NVIDIA GeForce Experience
- Click on the General tab of the GeForce Window.
- Look for the Overlay option from the dropdown menu and turn it off.
- Exit the program after saving all the changes made.
Now run the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game to see if it still shows the Dev Error 6068. If the error persists, please take the help of the following methods.
Method 3: Close the Apps Running in the Background
Apps running in the background take up a lot of system RAM. This consumption may halt the smooth running of the game and bring up Dev Error 6068 in MW. you should close the background apps with the help of these simple steps:
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons.
- In the Task Manager window, you will see a lot of background processes, select the unnecessary ones and end them one by one.
When you finish the unnecessary tasks, you get more RAM speed for important tasks. This method will solve Dev Error 6068 in MW if the processes are causing troubles in the launch. Move on to the next method if it does not help you.
Method 4: Use Command Prompt to Run Properly
Command Prompt has the solution to almost all the problems. With the help of Command Prompt, you can see if the files related to DirectX are corrupted and fix them if required. There are two ways to do so, SFC and DISM command. With the help of these commands, you can get rid of the Dev Error 6068 in MW and play smoothly. Here’s how you can execute the SFC and DISM commands:
Steps to Run the SFC Command for Dev Error 6068 in MW:
- Click on the search box, type cmd, right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- After the Command Prompt launches, type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key.
The program will scan for issues and fix if found any. After the process is complete, run the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game to see if it works properly. If it is still showing the Dev Error 6068 in MW, move on to the next part of this method.
Steps to Run the DISM Command for Dev Error 6068 in MW:
- Click on the search box, type cmd, right-click on the first search result, and select the Run as Administrator option from the Command Prompt.
- After the Command Prompt launches, type the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and hit the Enter key.
The program will search for issues and restore the health of your system. If the Dev Error 6068 problem in MW persists. Take the help of the next methods.
Method 5: Prioritize the Call of Duty Modern Warfare
As you may already know, Windows runs a lot of different processes in the background. You may not have information about all such processes. Some of these processes are very important for the system, while others are not. If your system is showing Dev Error 6068 in MW, you can increase the priority settings of the game to run it properly. With the help of this method, you can increase the memory intake of the game on both CPU and GPU. Follow these steps to increase the priority settings of the game:
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons on your keyboard.
- Look for the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game, right-click on it, and select the option which states Go to Details from the dropdown menu.
- In the next window, select and right-click on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game, scroll down to Set Priority, and then click on High.
Run the COD MW game and see if the Dev Error 6068 in MW still appears or not. If it does, revert the priority to Normal and move on to the next methods.
Method 6: Remove the Border of the Game Window
If you are using multiple displays, you may face the Dev Error 6068 in MW very commonly. You can easily get rid of this problem by making the game window borderless. Here’s how to do that:
- Run the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game.
- From the game Settings, scroll down to Graphics.
- In the Graphics Settings window, click on Display Mode and select the Fullscreen Borderless option.
- Click on Save Changes and run the game.
If the Dev Error 6068 appears again on your screen, employ the next methods.
Method 7: Reduce the Particle Intensity of the MW game
You may be facing the problem of Dev Error 6068 in MW due to high particle intensity. You should reduce the frame rate of the particle settings to 3 frames per second for ease. Here’s how you can reduce the particle properties:
- Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select the Manage 3D Settings options from the interface.
- From the new window that appears, select Program Settings.
- From the dropdown list, click on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game.
- Select the Vertical Sync option to edit it and set it to Adaptive Half Refresh Rate.
Run Call of Duty Modern Warfare to see if the Dev Error 6068 still appears or not. If not, you can enjoy the gameplay but if it still does, move on to the next methods to solve the problem.
Method 8: Update the Windows to the Latest Versions
Outdated Windows is the root of a lot of different problems. You should know that the manufacturers of different tools and games, provide the system properties that are compatible with the latest version of Windows. When you don’t update the Windows, you will face errors sooner or later. So you should always update the Windows to the latest edition. Here are the steps to update the windows:
- In the windows search bar, type Settings, and hit Enter.
- From the Settings window that appears, click on the Update & Security option.
- Click on Check for Updates in the Update window so that the system searches for the latest updates.
- After the system completes the scan and lists different updates, click on the Download Now button to start the update.
The Windows will complete the update after downloading and installing the files. Restart the computer if asked and launch the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game. The game will not show the Dev Error 6068 in MW anymore. If it still does, take the help of the next method.
Method 9: Edit the VideoMemoryScale Value for Compatibility
Call of Duty Modern Warfare takes a lot of space and memory data to run precisely. There is a VideoMemoryScale option in the game installation file that allows you to run the application as per your needs. This option changes the RAM consumption of the game to make it accessible on low-end PCs. Here’s how you can alter the VideoMemoryScale for COD MW:
- Go to the Documents folder on your PC.
- Look for the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder and open it.
- Open the Players folder and run the file adv_options.ini. in Notepad.
- Search for the line starting with VideoMemoryScale and change it from 0.85 to .5.
With the help of this step, you can decrease the RAM consumption of COD, which in turn treats the problem of Dev Error 6068 in MW. If you still face any problem, take the help of the next method.
Method 10: Run the Game with DirectX 11
As you may know, the latest version of DirectX is DirectX 12. DirectX 12 may be highly compatible with high-end games, but you may face some problems with the medium ones, due to corrupted install or other reasons. You should try running the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game with DirectX 11 for a smoother run. Take the help of these steps to run the game with DirectX 11:
- Launch the Battle.net program.
- Click on the Options button in the upper left corner of the program.
- From the dropdown menu that appears, select Game Settings.
- Look for Modern Warfare in the list, and check the box named “Additional command-line arguments”
- In the text box that appears, type “-d3d11” in place of the question marks.
With the help of this method, the game will automatically select DirectX 11 to run and solve the Dev Error 6068 problem in MW. If not, move on to the next method.
Method 11: Lower the Graphic Properties of the Game
Higher graphics properties take up higher RAM and GPU memory. There is no need to worry about graphics if you have a very good GPU installed. However, if you have a low-end GPU, you should reduce the graphics level to make the gameplay smoother. Here are the steps to reduce the graphic properties of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game:
- Launch the game and from the main interface, select Options.
- Then select Graphics to list all the graphic properties of the game.
- Reduce the level of different factors like resolution, frame rate, etc. to optimize the memory consumption.
- Apply the Settings to finalize.
This solution may remove the problem of Dev Error 6068 in MW by reducing the graphics properties. If not, move on to the next method.
Method 12: Update the Drivers of Your Computer
Outdated drivers are like rust for your system. They interrupt the flow of the machine and cause problems. You must update all the drivers on your computer regularly. You may face Dev Error 6068 due to outdated drivers. There are two ways to update the drivers manually and automatically. Here’s how to update your graphics driver manually and automatically:
Download and Update Graphics Driver Manually through Device Manager
Device Manager allows you to download and update the drivers on your system very easily. Here’s how to do that:
- In the search box of Windows, type Device Manager and hit Enter.
- From the Device Manager window, double click on Display Adapters and select your GPU.
- Right-click on the selected driver and then click on Update Driver.
- The system will pop up a message, select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
The Windows will look for the driver updates and install them for you. However, this is not a very reliable method to update the drivers so take the help of the next ones.
Download and Update Graphics Driver Manually through GPU Website
Whatever GPU you are using, the creators release the latest driver for that processor regularly. You can download the latest drivers for NVIDIA from here and AMD from here. Just select the GPU and OS for which you require the driver and download it. Install them after the download is complete.
Download and Update Graphics Driver Automatically through the Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Downloading every driver manually can be very hectic and time-consuming. To save yourself from such efforts, you should download and install the Bit Driver Updater for ease. With the help of this software, you can download and install various drivers with a single click. The Bit Driver Updater procures the latest updates straight from the manufacturers’ website and other trusted sources. You can use the software and update the drivers with the help of the following steps:
- Download the Bit Driver Updater by clicking the download button below.
- After installing, run the program and click on the Scan Now button on the main page of the software.
- Wait for the scan to complete, and then click on the Update All button to update all the outdated drivers at once.
With the help of the ways and steps listed in this method, you can easily update the graphic and other drivers on your system. Updated drivers will ensure smooth working and you will not face Dev Error 6068 in MW. If the problem persists, take the help of the methods listed below.
Method 13: Set Your GPU to the High-Performance Mode
The performance of the GPU plays a vital role in running any app or game. If your GPU is not running or working up to the desired levels, you may face the Dev Error 6068 in Modern Warfare. Here’s how you can set your GPU to High-performance mode and play better.
Steps to Select High-Performance in AMD GPUs
- Launch the AMD control center
- Click on Preferences and then on Radeon Additional Settings
- Select Power Options and then click on Switchable Graphics Global Settings
- Under this head, select High-Performance graphic settings.
- Click on Apply to finalize the settings.
Steps to Select High-Performance in NVIDIA GPUs
- Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel and find Adjust image settings with preview.
- Under that head, click on Use my preference emphasizing and move the slider for better performance.
After the completion of these steps, launch the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game. You will find that no message Dev Error 6068 is appearing. If the problem persists, take the help of the next methods.
Method 14: Check the System Files for Corruptions and Errors
When a game or program does not install properly, the corrupted files make it impossible to run them. The same can be the problem with Call of Duty Modern Warfare. If the Dev Error 6068 problem appears in MW, it can be because of corrupted files. You should check that the software is installed properly with the help of the following steps:
- Launch the Battle.net program.
- Select Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the list of games.
- Click on Options, select the Scan and Repair option, and then follow the instructions of the program to repair the files.
This method will surely remove the Dev Error 6068 in MW problem from the game and let you enjoy epic gameplay. If the problem persists, below is the last resort.
Method 15: Contact Activision Support
If none of the above methods work to solve the Dev Error 6068 in MW, the last resort is Activision. You should list your grievances to the Activision Support panel, raise a ticket, and get the solution. The developers of the game will work to find the root cause of the problem and fix it as soon as possible.
Concluding Notes on Dev Error 6068 in MW Fixes
In the above article, we have listed every method and solution to fix the Dev Error 6068 in MW. If you were facing some problems related to this error in running the Call of Duty Modern Warfare, these are the perfect solutions for you. You should deploy these methods one by one and check the Dev Error 6068 simultaneously and continue until your problem is resolved. These methods will surely help you in removing all the obstacles in the course and ensure stable and smoother gameplay. We recommend that you start by updating the Windows drivers with the help of Bit Driver Updater and improve the workflow of your PC.
For further questions and information related to the topic, write to us in the comment section below. Do let us know which methods worked out for you. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more interesting updates and tech-savvy articles.