No mouse cursor in Dungeon Siege 2? Then, don’t panic. You can make the game perfectly playable with the fixes shared in this post.
If you are a fan of action role-playing games, Dungeon Siege 2 does not need much introduction. It is a continuation of Dungeon Siege, where you are the hero who saves the world from hatred. However, players are facing quite a strange problem while playing this thrilling game. For many of them, Dungeon Siege 2 has no mouse in Windows 10.
If you are also searching for how to fix Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer issue, you are reading the right article. Here, we share the tried and tested solutions to the problem.
But before jumping on the same, let’s dig a little deeper and understand why the mouse is not working in Dungeon Siege 2. If you know the possible causes of an issue, it is easier to fix it.
Why Dungeon Siege 2 has no cursor
Here are the possible reasons Dungeon Siege 2 has no mouse in Windows 10.
- Resolution issues
- Compatibility problem
- Outdated mouse driver
These were the core causes of the Dungeon Siege 2 no-mouse issue. Now, let’s take a look at the ultimate fixes to get rid of this and other similar problems.
Errors similar to Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse in Windows 10
The fixes shared in this article also work on issues similar to Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse. For instance, you can also fix these problems with the solutions shared below.
- Dungeon Siege 2 fullscreen fix
- No mouse in fullscreen Dungeon Siege 2
- Dungeon Siege 2 not working on steam
- No cursor in Dungeon Siege 2 on Windows 10
- Dungeon Siege 2 windows 10 black screen
How to fix Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer issue
You can make use of these tried and tested fixes to get rid of the Dungeon Siege 2 issue in Windows 10.
Fix 1: Check the game compatibility
Before running any game on your computer, you must check its system requirements to ensure its compatibility with the PC. Otherwise, problems like no mouse in Dungeon Siege on Windows 10 are sure to come your way.
Hence, below we share the system requirements of Dungeon Siege 2 along with the steps to check your computer’s specifications.
System requirements of Dungeon Siege 2
OS: Windows XP SP1 or above.
CPU: 1.8GHz or higher.
Hard Drive: 1.4GB available space.
CDROM: 4x or more.
Video Card: ATI Radeon 7500 or better, NVidia GeForce 5750 or better, Intel Extreme Graphics 82845, 82865, 82915.
Steps to check your PC’s specifications
- Press Windows and I key in unison.
- Choose System from the visible options.
- Choose About from the System settings menu. Now, you can see the complete information about your computer.
Fix 2: Play the game in compatibility mode
You can launch the game in compatibility mode to fix the Dungeon Siege 2 no-mouse issue. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- Navigate to the Program files and select the Steam folder.
- Go to the Steamapps folder and choose the Common folder.
- Find DungeonSiege2.exe in the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.
- Right-click on the DungeonSiege2 folder and select the Properties option from the on-screen menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and Run this program in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows.
- Select Apply and OK to make the changed settings permanent.
- Launch the game and check whether the Dungeon Siege 2 mouse is working or not.
Fix 3: Update the mouse driver (the most recommended solution)
The outdated driver is the most likely reason for the mouse’s erratic behavior. Thus, to fix the no-mouse issue in Dungeon Siege 2 on Windows 10, you are needed to update the driver for your computer’s mouse.
When it comes to updating the driver, you have two options. You can perform the task via lengthy and complicated traditional ways (through Device Manager or manufacturer’s website) or do it automatically.
We prefer the automatic option as it is easier, safer, and better to update drivers this way. You can update the driver automatically with just a couple of clicks via an intelligent tool like Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater gets you the WHQL certified driver updates with just a click. Further, it also offers useful features like driver backups and their restoration, scheduling the scans, accelerating the driver download process, etc.
Here is how to make use of this software to get and install updated drivers effortlessly.
- Get the Bit Driver Updater software downloaded and installed from its website link given below.
- Allow the software to run a detailed scan on your computer for two to three seconds.
- Update All drivers to the latest, more compatible, and error-free version automatically.
There is also an Update Now option to update only the mouse driver.
However, for better computer performance, it is advised to update each out-of-date driver.
If you want to know how Bit Driver Updater helps make PC’s performance smooth in detail, you can read its complete review.
Fix 4: Make changes in resolution
The incorrect resolution setting is also one of the major culprits behind the no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2 Windows 10 problem. Thus, below is how to change the game resolution to fix it.
- Open Steam.
- Select LIBRARY from the menu at the top.
- Right-click on Dungeon Siege 2 and choose the option to view its Properties.
- Click on LOCAL FILES and BROWSE LOCAL FILES.
- Set Dungeon Siege Video Conf to the most powerful resolution.
- Run Dungeon Siege.exe.
- Check whether the issue is resolved or still Dungeon Siege 2 has no mouse on Steam.
Fix 5: Make changes in the launch options
If you are looking for answers to the question “how to fix Dungeon Siege no mouse pointer issue in Windows 10”, you must look at the launch options. Changing them can also help you solve the problem. Thus, here are the steps to change the launch options for Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam.
- Launch the Steam Library.
- Find and right-click on Dungeon Siege 2.
- Pick Properties from the game’s right-click menu.
- Choose the option to Set launch options.
- Change the launch options to the following values.
You can change the width and height values to the ones you find comfortable.
- Launch the game. And, check whether it is a working fix for Dungeon Siege no mouse problem in Windows 10 or not.
Above we answered how to fix Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer issue in Windows 10. Now, let’s answer a few more questions related to the same.
Frequently asked questions
Below are answers to some common questions about the Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse in Windows 10 issue.
Q1. How to fix Dungeon Siege 2 without a mouse?
In this article, we shared many ways to fix the Windows 10 Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse issue. You can apply them to solve the problem. If you don’t have the time and patience to try all the solutions, you can directly update the drivers with Bit Driver Updater to fix the issue.
Q2. How to get Dungeon Siege 2 to work on Steam?
To make Dungeon Siege 2 work on Steam, you can apply the following solutions.
- Perform INI file editing
- Change properties of the game launcher
- Lower Windows 10 to build 1607
- Update outdated drivers
Q3. How to change resolution in Dungeon Siege 2?
You can follow these steps to make changes in Dungeon Siege 2’s resolution.
- Find and choose Dungeon Siege 2 from the Steam Library.
- Right-click on the game and pick its Properties.
- Click on LOCAL FILES and then BROWSE FOR LOCAL FILES.
- Change Dungeon Siege Video Conf to a higher resolution.
Q4. How to play Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam?
Here are the steps you need to follow to play Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam.
- Navigate to the game directory in the Steam folder.
- Make use of the DS2VideoConfic tool and choose your video card.
- Create a .exe file shortcut.
- Open the shortcut and insert “fullscreen=false width=1600 height=900” in the “Target” field. You can change the width and height to a value you find comfortable.
- Launch the game.
Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse in Windows 10 fixed
Through this article, we learned how to fix the issue of Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse in Windows 10. You can solve this problem completely by applying the above fixes.
If you don’t want to implement all the fixes, you can update drivers using Bit Driver Updater directly to solve the problem in one shot.
For solutions to more gaming issues and tech updates, be an avid reader of our Innovana blog.