If you want to get rid of the err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome error on Windows 10, 8, 7 then check out the effective fixes listed in this article.
Google Chrome is one of the most downloaded, popular, and used web browsers around the globe. The browser provides multiple features to you and allows you to open websites and web pages very quickly.
The browser is very easy to use. However, at times, you may come across the err_connection_timed_out error on your Windows PC while using Google Chrome. Such issues can be very annoying and troublesome.
In this article, we will list some easy and 100% working solutions to fix the err_connection_timed_out error on Google Chrome.
Methods to Fix err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome Error on Windows 10
You can take the help of the solutions listed below to fix the err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome error on your Windows 10, 8, 7 PC once and for all.
Fix 1: Check your Internet Connection
The most common reason behind the err_connection_timed_out error is poor internet connectivity. So, if you ever come across this situation, the first thing to do is check your Internet connectivity.
If you are using Wifi, try turning the router on and off. And if you are using LAN or any other cable network, try to plug and unplug the connection for ease. Sometimes, Windows may not be able to detect the Wifi network, check that too.
Fix 2: Clear your Web Browser’s History
When browser history gets accumulated on Google Chrome, it may result in the err_connection_timed_out error on your Windows 10, 8, 7 PC. SO, you should delete your browser history for safety.
Just press Ctrl+Shift+Del keys on your keyboard, select everything you want to delete, and set the duration. After that, click on the Clear Data button to delete the selected data.
Fix 3: Update Google Chrome
If you are using an outdated version of Google Chrome, you may face an err_connection_timed_out error. Hence, to get rid of this issue, you should update the version of your browser with the help of the following steps:
- Open Chrome and click on Options.
- Go to Settings.
- From Settings, click on About Chrome and let it scan for product updates.
- Download the updates if available and relaunch the browser.
Once Google Chrome is updated, you will not face the err_connection_timed_out error on your Windows 10 PC.
Fix 4: Check your Antivirus or Windows Firewall
There is no doubt in the fact that all the antivirus software and firewalls are there to protect you. But sometimes, even these may cause problems for you. Change in antivirus and firewall settings may result in err_connection_timed_out error on Google Chrome.
So an effective solution to this problem would be to close the antivirus and firewall obstructions. Here’s how:
- Press Win+S, type Windows Defender Firewall, and click on Open.
- From the left pane of the window, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Uncheck Block all incoming connections. (You can also Turn off Windows Defender Firewall if blocking does not fix the issue)
- Click on OK.
Now all the websites on your Google Chrome will run smoothly whiteout showing err_connection_timed_out error.
Note: If you are using a third-party antivirus, then you can turn it off from the Settings of the program or the taskbar options.
Fix 5: Turn Off the Google Chrome Extensions
The main purpose of the Google Chrome Extensions is to ease up your working and browser surfing. But they can also halt some websites from loading. Hence if none of the above solutions work to fix err_connection_timed_out, you should turn off the extensions. Follow these steps for perfection:
- Press on the Extensions button on Google Chrome.
- From the bottom of the menu, click on Manage Extensions.
- Turn off or remove all the unnecessary extensions as required.
Once all the extensions are turned off, you can now run the websites without facing the err_connection_timed_out error on Chrome on Windows 10.
Fix 6: Update your Drivers with Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Another great fix for the err_connection_timed_out error on Chrome Windows 10 is updating drivers. For this, you can use the Bit Driver Updater and get the latest updates of all the drivers.
Drivers are one of the main utilities on any Windows PC. They help the devices and software to communicate with one another. If your network driver is outdated, you may face connection problems. Additionally, other outdated drivers can also halt the working of Google Chrome.
Hence, you should use the Bit Driver Updater to update all the drivers. The tool is one of the best driver updaters for Windows and provides updates from trusted sources only. You can also backup and restore the drivers as you want for ease. For more information, you can check out the detailed review of the Bit Driver Updater.
Here’s how you can use the tool to fix the err_connection_timed_out Chrome error on Windows 10:
- Download and launch the Bit Driver Updater.
- Scan the system for driver updates.
- Once the results appear, click on Update All
With the help of these easy steps, you can update and install the latest version of all the drivers. Use the Bit Driver Updater to fix This webpage is not available err_connection_timed_out error.
Fix 7: Flush DNS
Every Windows system stores extra server DNS memory. This may result in err_connection_timed_out reload hide details error on Google Chrome. If this is the source of your problems, then you need to flush out DNS for ease using Command Prompt. Follow these steps for the same:
- In the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt and open it.
- Type <ipconfig/flushdns> and press Enter.
Once the DNS is flushed out, you will get rid of the connection timeout error code in Google Chrome.
Fix 8: Turn Off Proxy Settings
Your system sometimes sets up proxy settings without warning you to protect your data. This may also result in the connection has timed out all browsers errors, including Google Chrome’s err_connection_timed_out error.
To remove such issues, you need to turn off your proxy settings ASAP! Here’s how:
- In the search bar, type Proxy Settings and press Enter.
- From the settings, toggle off Automatically detect settings.
- Relaunch Google Chrome.
Now you will not face the err_connection_timed_out error on one or more websites.
Fix 9: Modify the LAN Settings
Some kind of virus or malware can affect the LAN settings of your computer. This is another common reason behind Google Chrome’s err_connection_timed_out error on Windows 10, 8, 7.
You can modify the LAN settings and run the browser easily with the help of the following steps:
- Press Win+R keys, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- In the Control Panel, search for Internet Options and click on the first result.
- From Internet Properties, click on Connections and then on LAN Settings.
- From the new window, deselect all the options and then click on OK.
Now run Google Chrome and run any website without facing the err_connection_timed_out error.
Fix 10: Check your Windows Hosts Files
This method is a viable option to fix the Chrome err_connection_timed_out on Windows 10. But the method only works if one website is showing problems. You should check that whether some host files are forcing the system to show the problem. Here’s how:
- Search for Notepad or Notepad++ (recommended) and Run it as administrator.
- From Notepad, click on File and then select Open.
- Navigate to System32>Drivers>etc. Now from the bottom, change the file type to All Files.
- Double-click on the file named hosts.
- Look for all the websites and see that none of them has a # sign in front. If there is, delete the entry.
Now run Google Chrome and the website without facing err_connection_timed_out errors.
Fix 11: Take the Help of a VPN
Sometimes governments or operators block some websites for their use. To access such websites you can take the help of some VPN apps for ease.
Fix 12: Run the App in Compatibility Mode
If none of the above solutions work, then you should run Google Chrome in compatibility mode. This method will fix the err_connection_timed_out chrome error on windows 10. Follow these steps to do that:
- Right-click on the Google Chrome icon, select Properties and then click on Compatibility.
- Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility for and then select Windows 8 or 7.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Now run Google Chrome and you will not face err_connection_timed_out on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Fix 13: Disable IPv6
Internet Protocol Version 6 is an internet protocol for your system. Any changes in these may also result in err_connection_timed_out Chrome error on Windows 10. You can disable the IPv6 to run the websites properly on your browser. Here’s how:
- Press Win+S keys, search for ncpa.cpl, right-click the first result, and select Run as administrator.
- Right-click on your network connection and select Properties.
- Deselect the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click on Ok.
Now run the browser without facing this webpage is not available err_connection_timed_out error.
Solved err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome Error on Windows 10
Here we conclude the fixes for the err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome error on Windows 10. With the help of these methods, you can get rid of the problem and run any website on your browser.
We recommend that you use the Bit Driver Updater to get rid of this problem. Outdated drivers result in the system and other errors. Once you update all the drivers on your PC, you can run any software just as it was supposed to work.
To fix the err_connection_timed_out Google Chrome error on Windows 10, 8, 7 go through these solutions consecutively. We think that if the reason is not complicated, you will get the solution very quickly.
These solutions are tried and tested beforehand for your ease. So you do not have to worry about the integrity of the solutions.
We hope that you found everything that you were looking for. For queries, write to us in the comments. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog newsletter to get the latest tech updates, solutions, recommendations, and suggestions.