Read this post to learn the most effective solutions to the epic game NBA 2K22 crashing problems.
NBA 2K22 is finally here to delight all basketball enthusiasts. The game runs fine on most devices, but it crashes on Xbox Series X/S and PS5. If you are also experiencing the NBA 2K22 crashing issue, then read this article with complete attention.
Through this article, we share how to fix the issues if NBA 2K22 is crashing on PC. Before we jump into troubleshooting, let’s first try to understand the causes of the problem. Knowing about the roots of the issue helps us fix it better.
Why is NBA 2K22 Crashing
There can be multiple reasons for which NBA 2K21 is crashing when starting the game or after it. Below are the top ones out of them.
- Outdated graphics driver
- Too many friends on the game
- Less virtual memory
- Missing/damaged game files
- Steam overlay enabled
After learning the causes of the issue, let’s begin to fix the same.
Fixes for NBA 2K22 Crashing [Step By Step Guide]
Below is how to fix the issues if NBA 2K22 is crashing on Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and PC.
Fix 1: Reduce the number of friends:
Do you have over 100 friends online? Then, this may be the reason NBA 2K22 is crashing on your device. To fix this issue, you need to lessen the number of friends. Well, you don’t have to delete friends. You can reduce their number by simply creating a new account.
Fix 2: Increase the virtual memory:
If your computer does not have much RAM space, the virtual memory makes up for it. Therefore, increasing the virtual memory is also among the best ways to fix the crashing issue on NBA 2K22. Below are the simple steps to do it.
- Type Advanced System Settings in the search box and choose it from the results.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and choose Settings from the Performance section.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then choose the Change option.
- Uncheck the option to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Choose your C drive and then select Custom size.
- Key in the Initial Size and Maximum Size.
Note: The virtual memory should not be less than 1.5 times and not more than 3 times the RAM’s size.
- Click on Set and then OK to save the changes.
Fix 3: Check the integrity of game files:
Missing or damaged game files are also among the top reasons for which NBA 2K22 is crashing on your PC. Thus, you need to verify the integrity of game files. Here is how to do it.
- Launch the Steam client.
- Click on LIBRARY.
- Right-click on NBA 2K22 and select Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab and then Verify integrity of game files…
Fix 4: Enable the Steam overlay:
If the Steam overlay is enabled, it interferes with the functioning of the game. Thus, you need to disable the Steam overlay by following the steps shared below.
- Launch the Steam client.
- Right-click on the game and choose Properties.
- Go to the GENERAL tab and mark Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- After you have applied the changes, close Steam and launch it again.
Fix 5: Update your graphics driver (Recommended):
Most of the gaming and other PC problems exist because of outdated graphics drivers. Therefore, updating the driver can certainly improve the gaming experience and fix the issues that hamper it. You can update the driver through two methods.
In the manual method, you need to update the drivers via Device Manager or via the manufacturer’s official website. Whereas, with the automatic method, you can download, install, and update the driver with just a few clicks.
We recommend the automatic method since it is a lot easier and less time-consuming. You can update the driver automatically through software like Bit Driver Updater. This software performs driver updates with one click and offers many outstanding features.
Some of the top features of Bit Driver Updater include driver backup and restore, driver download speed acceleration, etc. You can go through its comprehensive review to know the complete details about it.
Below is how to use Bit Driver Updater to update the graphics driver.
- Click on the download link below to get Bit Driver Updater’s installation file.
- Click on the downloaded installation file and install the software.
- Let Bit Driver Updater scan your computer completely for a few seconds.
- After completing the scan, go through the outdated drivers and click on Update All to update them automatically.
If you want, you can update the graphic card individually. To do that, click on the Update Now button present next to it. However, for better PC performance, we recommend updating all the drivers.
Fix 6: Hard reset the Xbox Series X/S:
Hard resetting the Xbox Series X/S can also solve the crashing issues on NBA 2K22. Below is how to do it.
- Press and hold the power button to shut down your gaming console.
- After the console shuts down, disconnect the power cable.
- Wait for five minutes and then plug the power cable again.
- Press the power button to turn on the console.
Fix 7: Remove saved game data:
Deleting the saved game data has also proved to be helpful in fixing the NBA 2K22 crashing issue. Thus, sync your files and data. After syncing is complete, follow these steps to delete the saved game data.
- Quit the game.
- Choose My games & apps.
- Click on See All.
- Highlight NBA 2K22.
- Choose Manage game and add-ons.
- Go to the Saved data and then choose the Delete All option.
- Launch the game again.
NBA 2K22 crashing issue solved
Through this article, we helped you fix the NBA 2K22 crashing problem on Xbox Series X/S and PC. You can begin the troubleshooting from the first fix and then move down the list till you find the fix that works the best for you.
If you want to save your time and effort, you can simply update the drivers with Bit Driver Updater. Along with performing automatic driver updates, this software also fixes all the driver-related issues.
And, for more troubleshooting guides, remain an avid reader of Innovana Blog.