Is Oculus Quest 2 mic not working on your Windows PC? Do not worry. Read on to know the ways to make the VR headset mic work again.
One cannot deny that virtual reality (VR) has brought a revolution to the gaming & media industry. And VR headsets like Oculus Quest 2 are taking it a step ahead. However, a lot of its users have reported that the Oculus Quest 2 mic is not working. They have faced this issue while using the headset on their Windows PC via a Link cable. If you are one of them and looking for a quick fix to make the Oculus Quest 2 VR headset mic work again, then you have visited the correct page.
Here, we have provided the fixes that work effectively to resolve the Oculus Quest 2 mic not working issue on Windows PC. So, without waiting anymore to get the exceptional VR experience, let’s proceed to the solutions.
How To Resolve Oculus Quest 2 Mic Not Working Problem On Windows
Below are the fixes to try if the mic of your Oculus Quest 2 headset does not work while using it on the Windows PC via a Link cable. We advise you to try all of them one after the other till you get the issue fixed.
Method 1: Enable Microphone Access
The Oculus Quest 2 mic may not work on your Windows PC due to the disabled microphone access. Hence, you must check whether you have enabled the microphone access or not. If not, then enable it to make the mic of your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset work. It is one of the foremost solutions to try (after ensuring the headset’s connectivity with your PC). Here are the steps you have to follow to do so.
- You have to open the Windows Start menu by pressing Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Choose the Settings option.
- In Settings, click Privacy to access Windows privacy settings.
- In the Privacy settings window, click Microphone available on the left pane.
- Click the Change button. If the microphone access for the device is not On, set it to On.
- Now, allow apps to access the microphone.
- Select the apps you want to use your microphone.
After enabling the microphone access, check if the Oculus Quest 2 mic has started working or not. If not, proceed with the other methods listed here.
Method 2: Make Changes To Sound Settings
Misconfigured Sound Settings is also a reason why Oculus Quest 2 mic is not working on your PC. Hence, to fix it, you have to make changes to the sound settings of Windows. Here is how you can do it and resolve the issues with your VR headset microphone.
- Go to the speaker or volume icon available on the right corner of the Windows taskbar & right-click on it.
- Then, select Open Sound settings.
- After that, choose Headset Microphone (Oculus Virtual Audio Device) as your input device.
- Now, scroll down a bit.
- Choose Sound Control Panel.
- Click on Recording.
- Choose Oculus Virtual Audio Device.
- Then, select the Set Default option.
- After that, choose Oculus Virtual Audio Device again.
- Select Properties option.
- Click the Levels tab.
- Increase the microphone volume to the fullest possible.
- Now, click the Advanced tab.
- Unmark Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Click Apply option.
- At last, select OK.
After configuring the sound settings of your PC, test if the issue has got fixed now. If the Oculus Quest 2 mic still not working, then try other solutions of the post.
Method 3: Replug Oculus Quest 2 Headset
If you have not tried it yet, then try it now. Trust us. It has worked magically for various Oculus Quest 2 VR headset users to fix the mic issue. You only have to unplug the headset and replug it while running the Voice Recorder utility of your Windows PC. Here are the steps to follow.
- First of all, as mentioned above, unplug the VR headset.
- Then, replug it.
- Along with this, enable the Oculus Link.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Voice Recorder and open it from the results.
Wait till the Voice Recorder picks up the mic of your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. If it doesn’t, then unplug the headset & replug it while keeping the Voice Recorder open on your PC. If this doesn’t help to resolve Oculus Quest 2 mic not working issue, then proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Update Audio & Microphone Drivers
One of the ultimate solutions to fix any audio or microphone issues on Windows PC is repairing the faulty drivers. Drivers make the devices function properly on your PC. If they get corrupted, outdated, or missing, then it can be great trouble for you. Oculus Quest 2 mic not working issue may also be a result of faulty audio or microphone drivers. Hence, to fix it, try updating & repairing the drivers.
Decided to update the audio drivers? Cool. But now the question arises how to do it with ease and speed. Methods to update PC drivers manually may cost you hours and a lot of effort. Hence, we always suggest the Windows PC users use the Bit Driver Updater tool to do so. It is a great & reliable third-party driver updating & repairing app with a bunch of other features to boost performance. Let’s discuss some salient features that Bit Driver Updater offers to its users.
- Driver Backup: The tool offers this helpful feature to create backups and restore points of the PC drivers before updating, repairing, or making any other changes to them.
- Driver Restore: Bit Driver Updater has the feature to restore the driver restore points and backups. It helps to undo the changes made to the PC drivers.
- Driver Ignore: It is one of the prominent functions of this comprehensive driver repairing app. You can use it to safeguard sensitive drivers from getting updated.
- Scan Schedule: To make the driver scans easier and convenient for you, Bit Driver Updater offers a feature to set scan schedules. And once the user schedules the scan, the tool automatically performs the driver scan.
Now, you might want to know how to use Bit Driver Updater and fix the issue with your audio or microphone driver. Do not worry. It is pretty simple to do so. Here is all you have to do.
- Click the Bit Driver Updater download button to get the software setup on your PC.
- Now, install the app using the downloaded setup file.
- Run installed Bit Driver Updater program on your Windows PC.
- Click the Scan Drivers button in the app.
- Then after the completion of the driver issue scanning process, check the detected driver problems. Update or repair the drivers by selecting Update Now.
- After the drivers got updated and repaired, reboot the PC.
Conclusion On Fixing Oculus Quest 2 Mic Not Working Issue
We hope you all have fixed the Oculus Quest 2 mic not working issue using the methods listed in this guide. The problem may arise due to several factors. And it is pretty hard to detect one. Hence, we suggest following all the methods listed here to the people resolving Oculus Quest 2 microphone issue using this guide.
Furthermore, if the fixes, hacks, and the other information provided here helped you, then subscribe to the Innovana blog. We share quite an exclusive technical knowledge. Hence, bookmark to page as well.