Read on to find the answer to the question “why is my Rocket League not working” and the easiest ways to fix the Rocket League won’t launch problems on Windows 10.
Arcade games have a charm of their own. And, when the arcade charisma combines with the soccer energy and vehicular mayhem, the fun and excitement of a game reach another level. If you are wondering about which game we are referring to, it is none other than Rocket League, a high-powered game that millions love to play.
Do you also enjoy playing it but are depressed as Rocket League won’t launch on Windows 10? If yes, then you are reading the right article. Through this typewritten note cum friendly guide, we teach you how to solve the Rocket League not launching problem easily.
We know you cannot wait for long to play this fascinating game. Hence, let’s not waste time and jump straight to how to fix the Rocket League won’t launch issue.
Quick and Easy Ways to Fix Rocket League won’t Launch Problem
Below we share some tried and tested ways to solve the issues because of which Rocket League won’t launch on your Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: Ensure your PC’s specs and Rocket League’s requirements match
To play any game without any errors, matching its requirements with the computer specifications is the most important prerequisite. If they do not match, you may often encounter problems like Rocket League not launching on Windows 10 PC. Therefore, you need to check your computer’s specs and compare them with the game’s conditions to make necessary adjustments wherever required. Below we share the system requirements of the game and steps to check the PC’s details.
System Requirements of Rocket League
Supported OS: Windows 7 or newer
Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual-core
RAM: 2 GB or more
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 260 or ATI 4850
Hard Drive: 7 GB or more
Steps to check the specifications of the computer
- Apply the keyboard’s shortcut command Windows+I to view the PC’s settings.
- Open the System setting.
- Pick the About option from the system settings menu.
Method 2: Change the name of the Rocket League folder
Renaming the folder has helped many users fix the Rocket League won’t launch problem. Hence, you can also try this hack. Below is how to change the Rocket League folder’s name.
- Apply the Windows+E command to get the File Explorer.
- Click on Documents.
- Select the My Games folder.
- Locate and right-click on the Rocket League file.
- Change the file’s name to Rocket League old.
Method 3: Launch the game as an administrator
Running the game as an administrator gives it the ability to use all the features to the fullest. And, often fixes many problems, such as Rocket League not launching on Windows 10. Thus, below we share how to run the game with administrative privileges.
- Follow the path Steam> game (right-click)> Properties> Local Files> Browse local files to open the game’s installation folder.
- Make a right-click on the Rocket League Launcher.exe to open its Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and select the Run as administrator option.
- Select OK and Apply to save the changed launch settings.
- Run the game to see whether the problem is resolved or Rocket League is still not launching on Windows 10.
Method 4: Check the game file integrity
Corrupted or missing game files may be a reason Rocket League won’t launch on Steam. Therefore, you need to check the integrity of game files to fix the launching issue. Below are the directions to do it.
- Open Steam and navigate to its LIBRARY.
- Perform a right-click on Rocket League to open its Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES to VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.
- Click on the Close button.
- After the verification completes, check whether the issue is fixed or still Rocket League won’t launch on Windows 10.
Also Read: Skyrim won’t Launch on Windows 10 [FIXED]
Method 5: Execute the update of the graphics card (Recommended)
Outdated graphics card drivers weaken the gaming performance of a computer. The reason is, without an updated driver, your PC cannot communicate with the hardware for the perfect execution of your instructions. And, this lack of communication leads to annoying gaming problems like Rocket League not launching.
Therefore, we suggest updating the graphics card driver to fix the Rocket League won’t launch issue on Windows 10. You can perform this action manually (with Device Manager) or hassle-free with just a few clicks using a program (like Bit Driver Updater).
Bit Driver Updater allows you to download and install driver updates automatically with one click. Furthermore, it also lets you perform driver backups and restoration, scheduled scans for out-of-date drivers, along with providing many high-end features (such as increasing the driver download pace).
Once you have downloaded the program and completed its installation, here are the steps you are required to follow to update the drivers.
- Let the software perform a comprehensive computer scan for some seconds (generally, not more than two to three seconds).
- Update All drivers to their most recent version.
If you wish, you can update the graphics card driver alone using the Update Now feature.
However, in the opinion of tech experts, updating all drivers is more beneficial for the computer’s performance than performing the update for just one driver.
Method 6: Turn off the game overlay on Steam
Overlays make it easy to perform various tasks like chatting while playing the game. However, they often conflict with the game’s normal functioning, causing issues because of which Rocket League won’t launch on Steam. Thus, below is how to turn off the Steam overlay.
- Launch Steam.
- Pick Steam from the upper left corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the In-Game tab, uncheck the boxes highlighted in the below screenshot, and click on OK.
- Check whether the issue is resolved or still Rocket League is not launching.
Method 7: Run the game in compatibility mode for older Windows version
Rocket League won’t launch on Windows 10 if there are system compatibility issues. Therefore, you need to run the game in compatibility mode to fix this problem. Below are the steps to do it.
- Go to Rocket League’s folder.
- Make a right-click on the Rocket League’s launcher to view its Properties.
- Travel to the Compatibility mode and Run this program in compatibility mode for an operating system present in the drop-down menu.
- Select Apply and OK.
- Check whether the issue is solved or Rocket League is still not launching.
Above was how to fix the Rocket League won’t launch issue. Now, we are going to answer some frequently asked questions related to it to help you troubleshoot better.
Frequently asked questions
Below we answer some questions our readers and other users often ask about the Rocket League not launching issue on Windows 10.
Q1. Why is my Rocket League not working?
Here are all the most probable reasons your Rocket League is not launching or has stopped working.
- A mismatch between PC’s specifications and Rocket League’s requirements
- Crucial game files are corrupted or missing
- Out-of-date graphics card
- The conflict between the game and Steam overlays
Q2. How to launch Rocket League on Steam?
You can implement these steps to run Rocket League on Steam.
- Launch Steam
- Go to the Library and right-click on Rocket League
- Open Local Files and Browse Local Files
- Make two clicks on the Binaries folder
- Click twice on the Win64 folder
- Perform a right-click on the RocketLeague file.
- Go to the Properties and select the Compatibility tab.
- Choose to Run this program as an administrator.
- Select the Apply and OK options.
Q3. Why does Rocket League open then close?
Here are the top reasons Rocket League is opening then closing all of a sudden.
- Out-of-date graphics card driver
- Your PC does not meet the game requirements
- Game files are corrupted or missing
Q4. Why does Rocket League show it is running even when it is not?
Rocket League may show that it is running even when it is not launching due to a buggy Steam launcher. Restarting Steam completely can fix this issue.
Q5. Why is my Rocket League showing only a black screen?
An outdated graphics driver is the core reason you get a black screen on Rocket League. Therefore, we suggest updating drivers for error-free gaming performance. You can perform the update automatically and effortlessly with Bit Driver Updater.
Q6. Why is my Epic games launcher not opening?
Your Epic games launcher may not be opening due to any of these reasons.
- Servers are not operational
- Outdated launcher
- Conflicts with fullscreen optimization
- Presence of web cache
- Outdated graphics card drivers
Rocket League won’t launch: Fixed
Through this article, we learned how to fix the Rocket League not launching problem on Windows 10. You can use the solutions shared above to get it fixed.
However, if you cannot try all the fixes, we recommend you update all your outdated drivers via Bit Driver Updater to solve the problem instantly.
For more articles like this, keep yourself connected with this blog.