Resolve the default gateway is not available error with the simple solutions shared in this write-up.
In the present world, using the internet for our various needs is inevitable. We need to access numerous websites in a day for different purposes. But, when an internet connection error prevents you from accessing the desired webpage, then this can undoubtedly be irritating. One such irksome errors are the default gateway is not available on Windows 10.
However, the good news is that you can resolve this issue with ease. Through this write-up, we discuss the 100% working fixes for the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error.
Fixes for the default gateway is not available on Windows 10
If the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error keeps happening, then trying some solutions can fix this issue. Here we share them.
Solution 1: Change the Wireless Router’s Channel
Sometimes, the router channel can be the culprit behind the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error. Thus, altering the channel value can help you resolve the issue. For the steps of how to change the channel value, go through the wireless router’s manual.
In addition to changing the channel value, we also suggest you change the encryption to WPA-WPA2 for resolving the problem.
Solution 2: Alter the network adapter’s Power Management Setting
Changing the power management setting of the network adapter can also fix the default gateway is not available on Windows wifi. To alter the settings, follow the steps mentioned below.
- In the search box present next to Start icon, type “Device Manager” and click on the first result.
- When you see the Device Manager screen, locate and right-click on the network adapter.
- Choose “Properties” from the menu that is displayed on the screen.
- Now, in the Power Management tab, remove the checkmark from “allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Lastly, click on OK so that the changes can take effect.
Now, check whether the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 is fixed or not. If it still rears its ugly head, then try the below-mentioned solutions.
Also Read: How to Fix WiFi is Not Working in Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
Solution 3: Alter the Wireless Adapter’s Power-Saving Mode
Altering the power saving mode of the wireless adapter can fix the default gateway is not available on Windows 10. Thus, implement the below steps to do it.
- In the bar that says “Type here to search”, type “Power Options”.
- Click on the topmost result that you get on the screen.
- After the Power Options window comes, find the present power plan, and select “Change plan settings”.
- Select “Change advanced power settings”.
- Set the Wireless Adapter Settings to “Maximum Performance”.
- Click on “Apply” and “OK” for changes to take effect.
Hopefully, the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error is now resolved. But, if it still troubles you, then try the next fix.
Solution 4: Set the Wireless Router’s Frequency to 2.4 GHz
Is your wireless router’s frequency 5 GHz? If yes, then this can be the reason for which the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error keeps happening. The latest wireless routers support a frequency of 5 GHz. But, for the older wireless routers, a frequency of 2.4 GHz is most appropriate. Therefore, change the frequency. For steps to change it, refer to the wireless router’s manual.
Solution 5: Reset the TCP/IP
The default gateway is not available can be fixed if you reset the TCP/IP. Below are the detailed steps to do it.
- In the search box, type “Command Prompt”, right-click the topmost result, and choose “Run as administrator”.
- Wait for the Command Prompt window to appear and after it appears, type the command “netsh int ip reset”.
- Press Enter and wait till the process completes.
- After the process finishes, restart the computer.
If even after doing this the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error is not resolved, then below we’ve got the ultimate fix.
Solution 6: Update network adapter driver via ITL Driver Updater
Our research proves says that outdated drivers is one of the prime reasons for almost all the PC problems including the default gateway is not available on Windows 10. Thus, to drive this error away, you need to update network adapter driver. One way of doing this is through Device Manager. However, we won’t recommend that as it is a cumbersome process to update drivers manually. We’ve got an automatic and the most straightforward method for you to update network adapter driver. You simply need to click on the download button shared below to install ITL Driver Updater, follow a few quick steps, and put all your worries to rest. Below are the steps that you need to follow after getting ITL Driver Updater, i.e., one of the best driver updaters.
- Click on “Scan” to detect all the outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers present on your device.
- Wait for a second till you get the scan results on the screen.
- After the scan results appear, choose “Update now” to update network adapter drivers. You can also click on “Update All” to upgrade all the out of date drivers in one fell swoop.
These were the steps to update drivers through ITL Driver Updater. However, you must also note that this wonderfully amazing tool not only updates drivers but also optimizes and tweaks the device’s performance significantly. Thus, don’t be confused and get ITL Driver Updater to fix all the PC issues including the default gateway not available on Windows 10.
The default gateway is not available on Windows 10 fixed
This write-up discussed the solutions that you can try to fix the default gateway is not available on Windows 10 error. In our view, updating drivers through ITL Driver Updater is the best thing that you can do to fix this and all the other PC problems. Before bidding goodbye, do let us know whether this post helped you or not and subscribe to our blog for more such posts.