Ambiguity is among the prominent characteristics of Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. They are a bit tough to understand. One of such ambiguous BSOD errors is Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception. Users panic on seeing this error as they fail to decode its meaning. Not knowing what the error means makes them think that the issue is non-fixable. If you are also one of such users, then this write-up is all that you need to read.
Through this post, we discuss what Unexpected_Store_Exception means and its causes. In simple terms, this error is a software bug that causes problems in your PC’s storage component, i.e., hard drive.
Coming to the causes of Unexpected Store Exception, it has multiple triggering factors. Below we state the prominent ones out of them.
What Causes Unexpected Store Exception on Windows 10
Below are the prime reasons for which you get the Windows Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception.
- Corrupted system files
- Virus & malware attacks
- Out of date drivers
- Other software issues such as installing incompatible applications
The above was the central culprits behind the Unexpected Store Exception error on Windows 10. Now that you know what triggered this gruesome error on your PC, fixing it will be duck soup.
Without wasting any more time, let’s jump to the fixes that you need to resolve this issue without any tiring efforts.
How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception on Windows 10
Below are the most straightforward and quickest fixes to resolve Windows Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception.
Fix 1: Update the Operating System
Every new Windows version comes with security patches, additional features, and fixes for major PC issues such as BSOD Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception on Windows 10. Therefore, updating the OS can resolve the error. Implement the below steps to do it.
- Press the Windows logo and I key simultaneously to launch “Settings”.
- Wait for the Settings window to appear and after it comes up, choose “Update & Security”.
Image Source: Windows 10 Skills
- Click on “Windows update” and select “check for updates”.
- Wait till Windows updates itself and resolves the issues that you are facing.
Fix 2: Install the Antivirus Again
Antivirus is like the immunity system for your computer. It protects it from virus attacks to increase its life. However, an outdated or unauthentic antivirus may do more harm than good. Therefore, reinstall the best antivirus such as ITL Total Security in your PC to shield it from viruses and resolve errors like Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception.
Fix 3: Turn off the Fast Startup
The idea of PC booting up fast seems tempting. But, the fast startup option sometimes interferes with the normal functioning of the device and cause the Unexpected_Store_Exception error on Windows 10. Thus, implement the below steps to disable the fast startup and fix the errors.
- Press Windows and S key, type “Control Panel” and select the “Best Match”.
- Move to the “Power Options” and click on “Choose what the power button does”.
- Select “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Unmark “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and save the changes.
Fix 4: Disable the sleep option
Many users reported that disabling the sleep option helped them fix the Unexpected_Store_Exception error on Windows 10. Thus, below is how to disable it.
- Open “Control Panel” and go to the “Power Options”.
- Find your current power plan and choose “Change plan settings”.
- Change the “Put the computer to sleep” settings to “Never”.
- Lastly, click on “Save changes”.
Also Read: How To Use Device Manager On Windows
Fix 5: Uninstall the trouble-causing driver
Corrupt drivers are among the prime culprits behind not only Windows Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception but other PC errors as well. Therefore, follow the below steps to uninstall the troublesome driver.
- In the search box on Windows 10, input “Device Manager”, and click on the “Best Match”.
- Expand the problematic device category and right-click the device.
- Select “Uninstall device” from the context menu that appears on your screen.
- Click on “Uninstall” to confirm the uninstallation.
Fix 6: Turn off the File History Option
If you have the File History option enabled, then disable it to resolve the Windows Unexpected Store Exception. Here’re the steps to do it.
- Evoke “Settings” and select “Update & Security”.
- Choose the “Backup” option from the left pane.
- Turn off the “Automatically back up my files” option.
Fix 7: Set the power plan to High Performance
Changing the power plan settings to High Performance makes the device perform better and resolves issues such as Stop Code Unexpected_ Store_ Exception on Windows 10. Thus, below is how to change the power plan settings.
- Launch “Control Panel” and select “Power Options”.
- In the “Preferred Plans” section, choose “High Performance”.
Fix 8: Update Drivers with Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Outdated drivers are a menace for your computer. They not only make your PC slow but also lead to various errors such as Unexpected_Store_Exception on Windows 10. Therefore, always keep the drivers up-to-date. We suggest you update drivers automatically with Bit Driver Updater as this utility finds and installs the compatible drivers for your PC without requiring you to make any cumbersome efforts. Further, it also elevates the device’s performance and takes it to new heights. Thus, implement the below steps to use this tool.
- Download and install it from the link given below.
- Wait for the utility to scan your PC. If yours is a rare case and the scan does not start automatically, then click on “Scan” to manually launch it.
- After the scan is complete, click on “Update Now” to update the problematic driver. If you want to update all the outdated drivers in a single stroke and get premium features such as Backup & Restore, then click on “Update All”.
Before wrapping up, here are the core features of the best driver updater tool i.e., Bit Driver Updater.
- Accelerate the performance pace of the system.
- Updates all the drivers in one click.
- Saves a lot of time.
- Available to its users 24/7.
- Offered only testified and accurate drivers.
Below is the link to get this wonderful tool and make your PC free from errors and sluggishness.
Windows Stop Code Unexpected Store Exception: Fixed
Through this write-up, we helped you fix the Unexpected Store Exception error on Windows 10. We hope that now the error is gone for good. Do let us know your feedback through the comment box below. Also, it would be highly appreciated if you join us on social media platforms and subscribe to our updates. We will be back soon with such simple fixes for more annoying tech problems. Keep following Innovana Blog so that you don’t miss our next post.