This post discusses the quick and simple solutions for atikmpag VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is among the worst fears of every Windows user. The latest BSOD error that is troubling users worldwide is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Are you also struggling to fix this issue? If yes, then wait for a moment and ponder about what caused this problem in the first place.
What are the Reasons for VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on Windows 10
The reasons for which you get the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error can be many. But, the prominent ones are listed below.
- Out of date display drivers.
- Multiple programs are running in the background.
- Unexpected PC reboots.
- Overheated system or insufficient power.
Above were a few central causes of Windows 10 Blue Screen VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. The most common one among them is outdated or faulty graphics drivers.
Recommendation to Fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error in Windows 10
As the most common reason for the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE blue screen error is obsolete or faulty graphics drivers, we advise you to repair your graphics drivers. Below we have also provided various methods to do so. However, all of us are not patient enough to read the whole write-up to find out the best solution for their problem. Hence, here we are recommending ITL Driver Updater as the most helpful and effective solution for the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE issue. The driver updating software works on the core reason for the error and fixes the damaged drivers. You can get the software from here that too for free.
Now coming back to the write-up below we walk you through all the best ways to resolve this issue.
Quick Fixes for VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on Windows 10
Here are the solutions that you can try out for fixing Windows VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. One of them is bound to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Disable the Intel HD Graphics driver
Intel HD Graphics driver is also among the topmost reasons for Windows stop code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Thus, disabling it can resolve the issue. Below is how to do this.
- In the Windows search box, type Device Manager and select the topmost result.
- After Device Manager opens, expand the Display Adapters category.
- Right-click Intel HD Graphics driver and choose “Disable” from the menu that appears.
- Restart your device.
Hopefully, this resolves atikmpag VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. If the issue still remains unresolved, then try the next solution.
Also Read: How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows 10
Solution 2: Roll Back the Display Driver
If you roll back the default display driver, then this can help you resolve Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE with ease. Below are the steps to do it.
- Open Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters category.
- Locate and right-click on your display driver.
- Choose “Properties” from the options that come up.
- Move to the Driver tab and click on the “Roll Back Driver” option.
- Choose a reason for rolling back the driver and click on “Yes”.
- Restart the device.
Once you complete the above steps, Windows uninstalls the current driver and reinstalls the previous driver version. Most probably, now you won’t face Windows VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on Windows 10. If it still rears its ugly head, then try the solutions below.
Solution 3: Install the Graphics Driver Again
Reinstalling the graphics driver is also among the best ways to fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on Windows 10. Here are the steps to do it without any hassles.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Locate and expand the Display Adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics driver and choose the “Uninstall device”.
- On the next screen, tickmark “Delete the driver software” and press Enter.
- Move back to Device Manager, click on Action and choose “Scan for hardware changes” from the drop-down menu.
After you complete the above steps, Windows detects the missing driver and reinstalls it on the device. This resolves VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. If the problem still remains unsolved, then we have got more fixes for you to try.
Solution 4: Alter the Power and Sleep Settings
Changing the power and sleep settings is among the easiest methods to resolve Windows 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Thus, below are the steps to change them.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose “Display Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Move to the Power & Sleep segment and change the screen as well as sleep settings to “Never”.
Still VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on Windows 10 troubles you? Don’t worry. Below is the ultimate solution.
Solution 5: Update Graphic Drivers
As said earlier, outdated graphic drivers are among the prominent reasons for VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Thus, updating the drivers can resolve this issue for sure. You can either update drivers manually via Device Manager or upgrade the drivers smartly through ITL Driver Updater. We suggest you the second way as ITL Driver Updater not only upgrades all the drivers but also takes your device’s performance to a whole new level. Below is how to use this best driver updater and resolve all the computer issues effortlessly.
How to use ITL Driver Updater
Using ITL Driver Updater is easy as pie. You simply need to follow the below steps to update the graphic drivers easily.
- Download and install ITL Driver Updater.
- Launch the software.
- Choose Scan from the left pane.
- Wait for a few seconds till the scan completes.
- After the scan completes, click on “Update all” to upgrade all the outdated drivers in a snap of fingers.
It is so simple to update the graphic driver with ITL Driver Updater and resolve the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, right? Well, ease of use is not the only reason for which you should use ITL Driver Updater. Here are the other benefits of this best driver updater.
Praiseworthy Features of ITL Driver Updater
- Downloads only WHQL certified drivers.
- Lets you create driver backups and restore them whenever required.
- There is support for all the latest Windows versions and multiple languages.
- Speeds up the device by up to 50%.
This list is not where the benefits and features of ITL Driver Updater end. You’ll notice many others after you start using it. Thus, don’t think twice before downloading this incredible utility.
In this post, we discussed the solutions for VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Hopefully, they helped you resolve the error. Do let us know your views in the comment box below. Lastly, before leaving, don’t forget to join us in our newsletter for more such tech fixes and updates. See you soon with another useful and enticing post.