In this post, we enlist the sure-shot solutions to fix the issues if Windows 10 1903 update failed.
Millennials all over the globe are enjoying the developments introduced by Microsoft in Windows 10 version 1903. But, Windows 10 update 1903 failed to install on your computer. Don’t worry; you are not the only unlucky fellow who is facing this issue. Many others are also troubled due to the same reason.
Thus, we are here with the most straightforward and quickest fixes for the feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install.
But, before moving to them, it is on point to discuss a bit about the reasons for this issue. Multiple causes can render you unable to install Windows 10 1903 update. But, the prominent ones out of them include accumulated cache, incompatible applications or software, and outdated drivers.
No matter why you see 0xc1900101 1809 error or the Windows 10 version 1903 update fails, you can fix it effortlessly through the fixes shared in this post.
Fixes for Windows 10 Update 1903 Failed to Install
Below are the solutions for feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install. One of the below fixes is bound to solve the problem.
Solution 1: Resolve the issue with Windows troubleshooter
Windows has an built-in troubleshooter to fix all the system issues. Thus, if the Windows 10 update 1903 failed to install, then you can follow the below steps and try troubleshooting the problem.
- Type “troubleshoot” in the Windows search box and click on the topmost result.
- Move to the “Get up and running” segment and choose “Windows update”.
- Click on “Run the troubleshooter”.
After the Windows finds a solution for feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install, click on Apply.
Solution 2: Try updating Windows manually
If the feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 or 1903 failed to install, you can resolve the issue by updating Windows manually. Here is how to do it.
- Type “Update history” in the Windows search box and choose “view update history”.
- Note the system type and update code from the information that Windows displays about Windows 10 version 1903.
- Visit Microsoft Update Catalog and search for the update code that you have noted in the previous step.
- Locate the Windows 10 version 1903 that is compatible with your system.
- Click on “Download”.
- Now, click on the link to begin the download.
- After the file downloads, double click on it.
- Lastly, follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the installation to complete.
If even after completing the above steps, Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install, then try the below fixes.
Solution 3: Repair the hard drive
A buggy hard drive can be the reason for which Windows 10 update 1903 failed to install. Thus, repairing the hard drive can help you get rid of this issue. Here’s how to do it.
- Type “cmd” in the Windows search box.
- Right-click the topmost result and choose “Run as administrator”.
- After the Command Prompt window appears, enter chkdsk/f c:
- Lastly, restart the device.
After completing the above steps, hopefully, error 0xc1900101 1809 won’t trouble you. But, if you still face it, then below is the ultimate solution.
Solution 4: Update the drivers
Outdated drivers are the major reason for which Windows 10 1903 update failed to install. Thus, updating the drivers resolves this issue. You can update drivers both manually via Device Manager and automatically. Since manual driver update is cumbersome and time-consuming, we suggest you update the drivers automatically through ITL Driver Updater. It is among the best driver updaters that not only upgrade the worn-out drivers but also take the device’s functioning to another level. Here is how to use this incredible tool.
How to update Windows 10 drivers automatically with ITL Driver Updater
Below are the steps to update drivers automatically in just a few clicks and resolve Windows 10 version 1903 issues.
- Download, install and open ITL Driver Updater.
- Select “Scan” from the left side of the screen and wait till the software scans your device.
- Once the scan finishes, click on “Update All” to upgrade all the worn-out drivers.
Three steps and you are good to go. Yes, updating drivers via ITL Driver Updater is this easy. Thus, don’t think twice and get this incredibly amazing utility to fix the feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install issues in a jiffy.
We discussed the ways to fix the issues if the Windows 10 update 1903 failed to install. You can try these solutions and find the one that works best for you. However, in our view, updating drivers via ITL Driver Updater is the easiest way to resolve the problem and make your device faster than ever. Lastly, before bidding adieu, it would be great if you join us in our newsletter. We will be back soon with more such tech solutions and updates.