A Windows update patches the loopholes in the security mechanism of the operating system makes it more reliable and better performing. For updating the OS, there is an in-built utility that gets the task done automatically. Like many other users, you also tried to use it, but instead of an updated Windows version, windows 10 update error 0x80070422 showed up on your PC, right?
Now, you can put all your worries to rest and cheer up as this write-up walks you through the best fixes to resolve the windows update standalone installer error 0x80070422 in no time.
Intense Recommendation to Resolve Error 0x80070422 Quickly
However, if you really do not have much time and want a quick solution for the error 0x80070422, then we recommend you try updating your faulty drivers. It is one of the methods that many people claim have worked for them. You can try this solution in just a few minutes with the help of highly recommended Bit Driver Updater software. It helps you to get the driver updates in seconds. You can download it from the button provided below.
Apart from the recommendation, let’s begin fixing this vexing Windows update error using various handy methods without any further ado.
Quick and easy Fixes for Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422
Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 seems like the most annoying errors that a user can face. But, luckily enough, it is easily fixable. Below are the quick and surefire fixes to resolve it.
Fix 1: Start the Windows Update Service
Sometimes, you get Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 because the update service is not running on your PC. Therefore, to fix the issue, you need to check the status of the service and turn it on. Below are the steps to do it.
- Press the Windows logo and R keys simultaneously to evoke the “Run box”.
- Once the Run box appears, type “Services.msc” and hit “Enter” or click on “OK”.
- After the Services window comes up, locate “Windows update” and double click on it.
- Select “Properties” from the context menu that you see on the screen.
- In the Properties window locate and click on “Startup type”.
- Select “Automatic” from the drop-down menu.
- Check the status of service, if it is not running, then choose “Start”.
- Lastly, click on “OK” and restart the PC.
Know More: Critical Process Died in Windows 10: Here’s How We Fixed It
Fix 2: Try Disabling IPv6
Deactivating IPv6 has also fixed the error 0x80070422 on Windows 10 for many users. Therefore, you can also try disabling it through the steps mentioned below.
- In the Windows search bar, input “Control Panel” and select the first search result.
- Move to “Network and Sharing Center” and locate your connection.
- Right-click on the connection and select “Properties” from the menu that appears.
- Find and unmark “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”.
- Click on “OK”.
- Restart the PC so that the changes can take effect.
Fix 3: Go through EnableFeaturedSoftware Data
To fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422, you need to check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data in Registry. Here’re the steps to do it.
- Launch “Run box” and input “regedit”.
- Choose “OK” or press “Enter” to open Registry.
- Follow the route HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Windows Update > Auto Update.
- Double click on the default file and set its value to 1 in the Edit String dialog box.
- Check whether Windows update error 0x80070422 is fixed or not.
Fix 4: Start the Network List Service again
If your Windows update installer encountered an error 0x80070422, then restarting the Network List Service can fix the issues. Below we share the steps to restart it.
- Follow the first two steps given in Fix no. 1 to open “Windows Services”.
- Locate and right-click on “Network List Service” and choose “Restart” from the context menu.
- Check whether the Windows update error 80070422 has gone for good or not.
Fix 5: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
Windows comes with in-built troubleshooting utility to resolve common issues such as Windows 10 update error 0x80070422. Hence, you can run the troubleshooter for fixing the problems. Here we describe the steps to do it.
- In the Windows 10 search bar, input “Settings” and select the topmost result.
- After the Settings window pops up on the screen, click on “Update & Security”.
- From the left panel of Update & Security window, select “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Windows Update”.
- Choose “Run the troubleshooter” to begin the troubleshooting process.
- After the troubleshooting completes, try updating Windows to see whether Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 is resolved or not.
Fix 6: Use Bit Driver Updater to update drivers (Recommended)
The majority of PC problems are the result of outdated, missing, and corrupt device drivers. Therefore, the best way to fix all the PC issues including Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 is updating drivers. You can update drivers in two ways. One way to update drivers is through the Device Manager. Another method is automatic driver update via Bit Driver Updater. We suggest you update drivers automatically with Bit Driver Updater as it resolves the PC errors and takes the PC’s performance a notch up at the same time. Hence, implement the below steps to get rid of all the irksome PC errors and give your device a new lease of life.
- Download, install and call up Bit Driver Updater.
- The utility begins scanning your PC automatically. But, if due to some reason it takes a bit longer to start the process (happens rarely), then click on “Scan” to launch the scan manually.
- After the scan results come up, click on “Update Now” to update drivers one at a time. If this seems a little too much work to do, then click on “Update All” to update drivers smartly in one fell swoop and tweak the PC’s performance.
Every second is precious. Thus, without thinking twice and wasting any more time, click on the below link to get Bit Driver Updater and resolve all the PC problems in the blink of an eye.
Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422: Fixed
Through this write-up, brought to your notice, the easiest fixes for Windows 10 updater error 0x80070422. We hope that the issue is no longer troubling you. Do share your views about this post in the comment box below and let us know if you need any further assistance. Also, it would be wonderful if you join us in our newsletter and follow us on social media platforms as we keep on bringing you simple solutions to even the most annoying tech problems.