It is quite a panic situation if the camera is not working on Zoom and you have some serious Zoom calls lined up. But, do not worry as the problem is effortlessly fixable with the solutions shared below.
From in-person meetings to catching up with friends and teammates on a quick video call, the world has changed a lot. And in this changing world, apps such as Zoom have become more crucial than ever. But as reported by some users, the Zoom camera is not working on their computers. Are you also facing similar problems? Is this the reason your personal and professional life has come to a standstill? Well, don’t worry as we have got the simplest solutions to this seemingly big problem.
Through this article, you are going to learn how to fix the situation if the Zoom video is not working in the easiest ways possible. Without any further delay, let’s move on to the fixes you need.
Solutions for Zoom Camera not Working on Windows 10/8/7
Below are the most effective ways to solve the problems if the Zoom camera is not working or not detected.
Fix 1: Restart the PC
You can fix most of the problems with a simple restart. And luckily, the Zoom camera not working issue is one of them. To fix this problem, first try restarting the computer. If the problem persists, then try the below fixes.
Fix 2: Close Other Applications
Sometimes, the camera cannot handle multiple applications simultaneously. Therefore, while using Zoom, ensure that other apps that need the camera, such as Skype, Facebook, etc. are not in operation. Below is how to close them.
- Employ the key combination Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- Task Manager from the on-screen options.
- Right-click on the apps that use the camera and select End Task to close them one by one.
Fix 3: Ensure the Camera Access is on
You have not given application permission to access the camera. And this may be the reason why Zoom failed to start the video camera. Therefore, turn on the camera access to drive the problem away.
- Employ the combination ofWindows and I key to open Settings.
- Choose Privacy from the panel on your screen.
- Choose Camera from the left pane of the Privacy window.
- Turn on the Allow apps to access your camera toggle.
- Check whether the issue is fixed or is Zoom still unable to detect a camera on Windows 10.
Fix 4: Update the Webcam Driver (Recommended)
Outdated drivers are no less than a menace for your computer. Most of the annoying issues exist because of them. And, they are among the most probable reasons why video is not working on Zoom. Therefore, updating your webcam driver is one of the sure-shot solutions to the problem that you are facing. After implementing this fix, there are high chances that you won’t need to go to the other solutions.
Coming to the way to update drivers, you can do it in no time with automatic software called Bit Driver Updater. This software updates all the problematic drivers instantly with one click. And provides numerous benefits such as creation and restoration of backups, acceleration of driver’s download speed, etc. You can read its complete review to know more about it.
Now, let’s take a look at how to use this wonderful software to update the webcam driver.
- Click on the link below and then download Bit Driver Updater’s setup.
- Click on the setup that gets downloaded.
- Install the program on your computer.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the scan to end.
- After the scan’s end, go to the webcam driver and choose Update Now to get its updated version.
You can also choose to fix all the driver-related issues automatically with just a click using the Update All option.
Fix 5: Disable the Privacy Mode
This fix particularly applies to Lenovo computers where the Zoom camera is not working. To solve this problem, you need to ensure that the privacy mode is not turned on. If it is active, then follow these steps to disable it.
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard of your computer.
- Input Lenovo in the given space.
- Choose and download Lenovo Vantage.
- Select Hardware Settings from the application.
- Choose the Audio and Visual settings.
- Turn off the Camera Privacy Mode.
Fix 6: Install Zoom Again
If the problem is so stubborn that it does not leave even after trying all the above fixes, then you need to reinstall Zoom on your computer. Below is how to uninstall and install it again.
- Employ the key combination Windows+X to evoke the Quick Access menu.
- Select Apps and Features from the available options.
- Click on Zoom and then choose Uninstall.
- Complete the uninstallation.
- Reinstall the Zoom app from here.
Above, we discussed the fixes for the Zoom camera not working issue. Now, let’s answer some questions related to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why is my camera not working on Zoom?
Below are the top reasons for which the webcam is not working on Zoom.
- Zoom does not have camera access.
- Outdated webcam driver.
- Conflicts with other applications.
- Privacy mode is enabled.
Q2. How do I fix the Zoom camera not working issue?
We shared multiple ways to fix the problems with the camera on Zoom in the above section. You can go through it to find a solution. The fix we recommend is updating the drivers with Bit Driver Updater as it solves the problem in almost every case and makes the PC’s performance better at the same time.
Q3. How do I turn my camera on Zoom?
If Zoom cannot start the video, then most probably you have not turned on the camera. Below is the way to do it.
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Tap on Start Meeting.
- Turn on the Video toggle.
- Tap on Start Meeting.
- Give Zoom permission to access the camera if you are a first-time user.
Zoom Camera not Working: Solved
Through this article, we helped you solve one of the most annoying problems, i.e., the Zoom camera not working. You can employ the fixes shared above to get rid of the issue in no time. The best fix that we recommend is updating the drivers using Bit Driver Updater, as this software not only fixes the existing problems but also significantly prevents future issues. Before you begin Zooming, don’t forget to join our mailing list to receive our post notifications.