Here are the methods and steps to avail free update to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Take the help of this guide to get the latest Windows OS easily on your computer.
Microsoft announced the official release of Windows 11 on 24th June 2021. Before that, the brand kept its mouth shut about any release, but the leak of Windows 11 interface images stirred the talks again. The official version of Windows 11 will hit the market in the Holiday Season this year and will be available for download around the same.
Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadela said that the company will start providing Windows 11 included products in the market before the official release. All of the genuine users of Windows 10 will also get a free upgrade to Windows 11 during the Holiday Season of 2021. In this article, we provide the solution to how to update Windows 10 to Windows 11. If you are a genuine user of Windows 10, you can use these steps to upgrade your existing OS and get the new one very easily.
Before we move any further, you should know that you can get the free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11, only if your current OS is error-free and meets the minimum system requirements of Windows 11. Here are the minimum system requirements to install and run Windows 11 on your PC easily.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
Have a look at these minimum system requirements for Windows 11 before downloading and installing the OS on your computer.
CPU- At Least 1 Gigahertz 64-bit Processor
Memory- At Least 4 GB Ram
Storage- At least 64GB
Firmware of the System- UEFI, Secure Boot capable
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)- Version 2.0
GPU- DirectX 12 Compatible
Display- HD Resolution
You can also download and install the PC Health Check App for Windows 10 to check whether your system supports Windows 11 or not.
Guide to Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11
Now that the wait for the new OS is over, everybody is asking the same question. When and how to upgrade can you upgrade to Windows 11? Here we are the most important part of the article, how to get Windows 11 update on Windows 10. There are two main ways to upgrade to the new OS. First through Windows 10 update and second through ISO download.
Method 1: Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 Through System Update
The best method to upgrade to Windows 11 is by updating the existing Windows 10 OS. You can take the help of this method to upgrade only if you have a genuine Windows 10 installed. Here are the steps to update Windows 10 to Windows 11:
- Click on the Windows Search Bar at the bottom of the screen near the Start button.
- Type Settings and then hit Enter.
- Look for Update and Security settings and click on it.
- Under the Update and Security window, click on Check for Updates.
- Wait for Windows to look for the latest updates for your system and then click on Download Windows 11 if it appears.
- After the download is complete, click on install, and then Restart your Computer.
The latest version of Windows 11 will be installed on your computer after the completion of the above-stated steps and you don’t need to wonder about how to upgrade to Windows 11. If you do not have a genuine Windows 10 installed on your computer but want to upgrade to Windows 11 anyways, take the help of the next method.
Method 2: Download and Install Windows 11 from the Microsoft Website
The next way to get Windows 11 for your computer is to download it. You can take the help of this method if you do not own a genuine Windows 10 subscription. You can download and install Microsoft Windows 11 from its official website. Just like Windows 10, Microsoft will also provide an option to download or buy a subscription to Windows 11. Here’s how to download and install Windows 11 on your computer, once it rolls out:
- Visit Microsoft’s official website.
- Find Windows 11 and click on Download to save the ISO file of the OS.
With the help of these steps, you can download and install Windows 11 free on your computer. Remember that you need to buy the key for Windows 11 to get access to all of its features. You can purchase a subscription or the key for Windows 11 once it rolls out.
How to Fix the Errors in Installing Windows 11 on your Computer?
You may face problems in installing the latest version of Windows 11 on your PC. As you know, Windows 11 is new, so Microsoft may not be able to fix the bugs of the OS. If you face any problem while installing Windows 11, you can download the PC Health Check App from Microsoft. The software will not cure the error but will list it. You can work on these errors and before Windows 11 rolls out. The software will run some tests to check the compatibility of your system for the all-new OS. Once all the problems are listed, repair them and install Windows 11 freely.
Features of the All-New Windows 11
Some changes are introduced in the new Windows 11 OS. From interface design to working model, everything has new features but it is not completely different from Windows 10. Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting features of Windows 11:
- Round-Cornered Interface- The previous editions of Windows always had a square-cornered interface. But in the new Windows 11 OS, Microsoft introduced round-edged corners to make the OS more interesting.
- Central Menu- Unlike the previous editions of Windows, the Start Menu and other icons are in the center of the taskbar instead of the left corner. This feature is quite similar to that of Mac OS.
- Cascading Windows- In Windows 11, you will get multiple options to cascade and place open windows in different forms.
- Microsoft Teams- As you may already know, iOS and macOS devices come with an integrated Facetime app. Following this trend, Microsoft will also provide a Microsoft Teams app integrated into Windows 11.
- Attractive Widgets- Previous editions of Windows never had easily accessible widgets. But not anymore. With Windows 11, you will get easily accessible and attractive widgets.
- News Feed- Microsoft recently added the news feed option to Windows 10 in the new update. The same will be continued in Windows 11.
- Xbox Game Pass Compatibility- Microsoft partnered with Xbox to provide the best gaming experience to you. If you have an active Xbox Game Pass, you can play different games in Windows 11 through that.
- Multiple Typing Modes- With Windows 11, you get multiple modes of typing. These include type, touch, voice, pen, and more.
- Modified Microsoft Store- Windows 11 contains a new and modified version of Microsoft Store with more apps and better graphics.
- Android App Compatibility- One of the best and most awaited features of Windows 11 is android app compatibility. Now, you do not have to use the Your Phone app to run android applications. You can easily do that through the OS itself.
- Developer Friendly- If you are a developer, you will get more features to edit and work on through Windows 11. Additionally, the profit-sharing ratio of an app developer and Microsoft is also improved (85 for developer/15 for Microsoft).
- New Themes and Sound- With Windows 11, you will get never-seen-before themes and brand-new sounds.
- Accessible tablet Mode- The Tablet Mode in Windows 10 appears a little confusing and complex. However, with Windows 11, you get the best features of the Tablet Mode. Now you can work on touch and other devices very easily with Windows 11.
These were the main features of Windows 11. Let me remind you, these are not all of the features of the OS but only the tip of the iceberg. You can visit the official website of Microsoft for more information.
Know More: Best Windows Apps that You Must Have
Frequently Asked Questions: Update to Windows 11
If you still have some doubts about Windows 11, here are some frequently asked questions related to Windows 11 that will clear your confusion:
Q.1 What is the release date of Windows 11?
Windows 11 released on June 24th, 2021. However, it will officially be available for you and others during the Holiday Season of this year.
Q.2 Do I have to pay for Windows 11?
No, you do not have to pay for Windows 11 upgrade if you already have a key for Windows 10. You can update to Windows 11 for free with the help of this key.
Q.3 What is TMV? Is it required for Windows 11?
Trusted Module Version or TMV is a chip that is required to install Windows 11. There is no exception to that.
Q.4 How many languages does Windows 11 support?
Windows 11 supports a lot of different languages including English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
Q.5 How to check the system requirements for Windows 11?
You can either see the requirements listed above or download the PC Health Check app once it rolls out to check the compatibility of your system with Windows 11.
Q.6 What is the price of Windows 11?
Microsoft plans to keep the price of Windows 11 around the same base as that of Windows 10. You can expect a similar price for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Concluding Notes on How to Free Update to Windows 11 from Windows 10
In the above article, we have listed and explained multiple ways through which you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free. All of these methods are trusted and working. If you already have a genuine Windows 10 key, you will not face any problem in upgrading to Windows 11. However, if you don’t have the registered key, you can download the free ISO and purchase the product key for Windows 11 once it rolls out.
Presently, the OS is not available for regular users, so you can not download and install Windows 11. Microsoft has provided the trial version of Windows 11 to insiders only. So, just like everyone, you will also have to wait for the official rollout. However, Microsoft announced that the PC Health Check App will hit the markets before the rollout. We recommend that you keep an eye out for the app so that you can check whether your existing system will support Windows 11 or not.
If you have any questions or want to suggest anything, write to us in the comment section below. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more interesting updates and articles.