The graphics card is the brain and soul of the computer of every person who loves to play games, watch animated SciFi movies, or perform such other graphic-intensive tasks. However, many users reported that the graphics card is not detected on Windows 10. We know this can be a whole lot frustrating for all users, especially gamers. If you are also one of those troubled users, then this typewritten note is all that you need.
Here we enlighten you about some tried and tested fixes to resolve the issues if Windows fails to detect graphics card. Without any hum and haw, let’s proceed to the needed solutions.
Quickest Solutions for Graphics Card Not Detected on Windows 10
Here are the fixes that are required to fix the graphics card not detected on Windows 10 problem in no time.
Solution 1: Ensure That the Graphics Card Is Enabled
Graphics card may not be detected on Windows 10 if it is disabled. Therefore, make sure that it is enabled. Below we share the steps to do the same.
- Use the shortcut command Windows + R to initiate the “Run box.”
- Once the Run box is displayed, input “devmgmt.msc” in the blank space and click on “OK.”
- After the “Device Manager” comes into sight, expand the “Display adapters” option.
- Double click your graphics card to open its “Properties.”
- Click on the “Driver” tab and check whether there is an Enable button or not. If there is no Enable button, then this means that the graphic card is already enabled.
Solution 2: Enable the Discrete GPU In BIOS
In case you have both the integrated as well as discrete graphics, then a disabled discrete GPU can be the reason for which graphics card is not showing up in Device Manager on Windows 10. Therefore, enable the discrete GPU in BIOS with the below steps.
- Reboot the computer and wait till the manufacturer’s logo appears.
- Once the manufacturer logo comes up, press the F2 or del key.
- Move to Chipset and select “dGPU Configuration.”
- Enable the dGPU feature.
- Save the settings and move out of BIOS.
Solution 3: Use the Command Prompt
You can also fix the issues through Command Prompt if the PC is not detecting the GPU. Although this method is a bit complicated and technical, still if you want to try it, then here are the steps.
- In the box to search for applications and programs in Windows, type “Command Prompt” and right-click the topmost result.
- Choose “Run as administrator” to launch the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- After the Command Prompt launches, type bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable in the command line and press the Enter key.
- Exit Command Prompt and reinstall the graphic drivers.
Solution 4: Make Sure the Graphics Card Is Connected Correctly
One possible reason for Windows 10 not detecting the graphics card could be an incorrectly connected card. Therefore, ensure that the card is properly installed. If it is not correctly installed, then remove and reinstall it.
Solution 5: Uninstall the Recently Installed Updates
A buggy Windows update often leads to issues such as computer not recognizing the graphics card. Hence, uninstall the recently installed Windows update and check whether the problem gets fixed or not. Go along with the steps mentioned below to do it.
- Using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I call up “Settings.”
- Select “Update & Security” from the options present on the screen.
- Click on the “View update history” option.
- Choose “Uninstall updates.”
- Double click the update that you want to uninstall.
Solution 6: Change the Graphics Card Slot
Many times a faulty slot results in the graphics card not detected on Windows 10 issue. Therefore, follow the instructions given below to change the graphics card slot.
- Turn off the PC and open the host’s web cover.
- Find the graphics card slots on the circuit board.
- Insert your graphics card in another slot and check whether the computer recognizes the graphics card or not.
Solution 7: Try the Show Hidden Devices Option
In the case of the newly installed graphics card, the problem of Windows not detecting graphics card gets resolved after you unhide the card. Implement the steps mentioned here to do it.
- Initiate “Device Manager” on your computer.
- Click on the “View” option located at the menu bar of Device Manager.
- Choose the “Show hidden devices” option from the menu that drops down.
- Now, click on the “Action” option and choose “Scan for hardware changes” from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, expand the “Display adapters” segment and check whether your graphics card is present or not.
Solution 8: Update the Graphics Driver (Recommend)
In the GPU is not detected on your Windows 10 computer, then the outdated graphics drivers are the culprit behind it. Not only this issue but most of the annoying computer problems are also caused by out of date drivers. Therefore, you must perform timely driver updates. The drivers can be updated through manual ways such as by using Device Manager and in an automatic manner with ITL Driver Updater. We recommend the latter as this tool not only makes the task of updating drivers more convenient but also resolves the troublesome PC errors. More on its benefits a bit later, first let’s look at the simple steps to use this utility.
How to Update Drivers With ITL Driver Updater?
- Install ITL Driver Updater from here.
- Allow the utility to run an automatic device scan. If you want, then you can also initiate the scan manually by clicking the “Scan” option.
- After the scan is done, see the results and click the “Update Now” button located next to the driver you want to update. You can also update all the drivers at once by clicking the “Update All” button.
Now, let’s address your query that why are we suggesting you update drivers with ITL Driver Updater. Below are the incredible features of this tool that force us to recommend it.
Outstanding Features of ITL Driver Updater
- Downloads drivers having authentication from WHQL.
- Boasts an easy to use driver backup and restore option.
- Speeds up the computer by up to 50%.
- You can add drivers to the exclusion list to keep them out of the scan purview.
- ITL Driver Updater has a vast driver database.
- This utility has support for many languages.
- You can use it on all the latest versions of Windows.
In addition to the above-listed features, ITL Driver Updater also has many other offerings that you will know after you get it. Hence, click on the below ITL Driver Updater installation link.
Graphics Card Not Detected on Windows 10: Fixed
Through this typewritten note, we discussed how to solve the graphics card not detected on Windows 10 problem with ease. We solved it with the help of ITL Driver Updater. This tool solved other PC problems as well. In case you know about other better methods to fix the issue, then your comments are highly welcome. It’s now time for us to bid adieu, but we will return soon with more such tech solutions. Till then, stay connected with us.