Is the cache collected on your iPhone slowing down your device’s performance? Check out this guide for how to clear the cache on iPhone and other iOS devices and improve its speed.
Accumulation of cache on any kind of device is very tiring for everybody. Cache not only slows down the speed of the app but also hurts the performance of your device. One of the troublesome attributes of the Apple iOS is that cache deposition is very quick and regular in such devices. You may already face storage problems on your iPhone and to make matters worse, the cache also gets deposited from time to time. But how to clear the cache on the iPhone.
The sole focus of this article is to provide a quick and reliable answer to this troubling question. Here, we will explain some steps to completely remove the cache from your iPhone. Removal of the cache will in turn help in improving the stability and the performance of your device. Removing cache from Safari and other third-party apps is quite easy even for beginners. So without any further ado, let’s have a look at the process to remove cache completely from your iOS device.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on Android and iPhone
How to Clear the Cache from the iPhone Completely?
We hope that the importance of cache removal is clear to you by now. With the help of the below-explained steps, you can clear the cache from your iPhone within a couple of minutes.
The Process to Clear Cache from the Safari App on your iPhone:
- The first step in this process is to launch the Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Safari app.
- From the menu that appears, scroll down to find Clear History and Website Data and tap on it.
- From the pop-up menu that arrears, click on Clear History and Data to clean the history, cookies, and cache from the device.
This process will remove all the cache from Safari on your iPhone within seconds. If you want to clear the cache of thor party apps, then take the help from the steps listed in the next part of the article.
Note: If you do not want to remove the Safari cache entirely, then scroll down in Safari Settings, tap on Advanced, then find Website Data and then Edit the data as you like. The best thing to do to save storage is to turn on private browsing when you are using Safari as it does not save any website history when you are surfing.
Also Read: Best iOS App Cloners to Duplicate Apps on iPhone
The Process to Clear Cache from Third-party Apps on your iPhone
There are some apps on the Apple App Store that allow you to clear the cache of such apps. This option to clear cache is available and limited to some apps only. The developers of only a few apps allow you to clear the cache. The following steps will help you in this process:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone
- Scroll down to find the app that allows clearing of cache from the device and tap on it.
- In the app menu, scroll down to Reset cache on next launch and tap on it. The cache of the app will clear automatically and the app will launch fresh in the next start.
These steps will help you in clearing the cache and cookies of all the third-party apps and improve the overall speed and performance of your iPhone. Some third-party apps like Facebook do not allow you to clear app cache, so this process is only helpful for the apps that do.
Also Read: How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac (Step by Step Guide)
How to Uninstall or Offload an App on your iPhone?
The clearing of the cache will solve all the basic problems on your iPhone but if the problem persists, it can be because of excessive storage take-up by one or more apps. When you keep unnecessary data on your iPhone, it is as destructive as keeping the cache. You need to delete this data and create more storage for your device. With the help of the following steps, you can easily save storage by removing app data through uninstalling or offloading an app on your iPhone:
- Launch iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down the menu and tap on General.
- From the menu select iPhone Storage
- A complete list of all the apps installed on the iPhone will appear, find the app which is taking most of the space, and tap on it.
- The complete details of app data and documents data size will appear
- Below this data, there will be two options; Offload App and Delete App. Offloading will remove the app without deleting the documents while deleting the app will uninstall the app as well as erase all the documents from device storage. Choose the option that deems fit according to your requirements.
You should follow these steps regularly to keep in check the storage covered by different apps. You can always delete such apps that haven’t been used for a long period and save some extra storage for your iPhone.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files From iPhone to Mac Without iTunes
How to Restart the iPhone to Clear the Storage?
One of the easiest ways to clear the storage on your iPhone is to restart the device. Restarting will close all the background apps and clear the residual app cache to free up more storage at your disposal. Follow these steps to easily restart your iPhone whenever required:
- Long-press the power button or the power and volume up buttons (depending upon the phone you are using) on your device.
- Slide the slider to turn off the device.
- Wait for some time for your iPhone to turn off completely.
- Repeat the first step to turn on your device.
This an easy but effective way to clear up some extra storage on your device. We recommend that you follow this process regularly to maint enough space on your iPhone.
The above write-up provides an effective answer to the ‘how to clear the cache and cookies on iPhone’ problem. We recommend that you take the help of these steps and follow the methods whenever you face storage problems. These methods will not only free up storage space but also improve the overall performance of the apps and your iPhone as a whole. If you have some suggestions or queries, please leave a comment in the comment section below. Follow the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more interesting updates and tech tutorials.