You must know how to find & delete duplicate photos on your Windows 10, 8, or 7 PC. Dupes contributes a lot to the junk of your PC. Hence, here we are sharing this guide to remove duplicate images on Windows. Read on to know more.
Find & delete duplicate photos on the storage of any of your devices. It is the best thing that you can do with the dupes. You might be thinking why duplicate & similar images are a big deal in today’s times. Now, we have access to a large storage on our devices. And no matter if a person is an introvert or an extrovert, we all love to make & capture memories. For this, we click pictures, and modern technology has made it pretty easy to click photographs. So, to get that perfect frame, we end up capturing multiple similar photos.
Eventually, this behavior leads to the accumulation of duplicate images. And if one does not sort the picture gallery (that most of us don’t), the number of duplicates becomes quite huge. It hampers both the storage and performance of the PC. Hence, it is essential to get rid of duplicate photos. However, an average PC user may find it quite tiring & troublesome to find and remove duplicate images. But do not worry. Here, you’ll get to know how to detect and eliminate duplicate photos on Windows PCs with ease.
Ways To Find & Delete Duplicate & Similar Photos On Windows 10, 8, & 7
Below we have described ways to help you find & delete duplicate photos on your Windows 10, 8, & 7 PC.
Method 1: Detect & Remove Duplicate Images Manually
Let’s discuss the lengthy method first. When someone talks about how difficult it is to remove duplicate photos on Windows 10, 8, or 7, he/she refers to this way. It is a pretty tiresome thing to delete similar or same photos manually. You have to perform all the steps, including performing a search for duplicate photos to eliminate them by yourself. Here we have sequentially listed all the things that you have to do manually to delete duplicate photos on Windows 10, 8, & 7 for free.
- Go to the folder where you have saved photos on your PC.
- After that, check for duplicate photos manually by scrolling through the pictures you have in that folder.
- Select duplicate photos. You can do it by pressing the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then clicking on the similar images.
- Once you have selected all the duplicates, make a right-click using your mouse by keeping the Ctrl key pressed.
- Click the Delete button in the context menu to clean up duplicate photos.
- Now, go to the Recycle Bin of your PC to erase duplicate photos permanently from your storage.
- In the Recycle Bin, select all the detected duplicate images.
- Click the Delete button to remove duplicate images permanently from your Windows 10, 8, or 7 PC.
You have to perform all the above steps repeatedly to clear duplicate photos from all the folders that have duplicates. It is an entirely manual process. So you cannot perform a scan for duplicate or similar photos with a single click or even at once. It is one of the major issues with this method. Along with the scan, it also does not allow you to delete duplicate photos at once. You have to perform all the steps separately for each folder. Hence, almost all PC users avoid to delete duplicate images manually and prefer to use robust software to find & delete duplicate pictures from their storage.
Method 2: Use Quick Photo Finder To Find & Delete Duplicate Photos On Windows 10, 8, & 7
As discussed above, using the manual method does not seem a good option to detect & delete duplicate photos on Windows PC. But, it is quite crucial to remove similar images for ensuring fast performance and regaining the lost space on the computer. That’s the reason why PC users always look for an automatic program to find duplicate photos. One such software is Quick Photo Finder. And as the name suggests, the utility helps its users to find duplicate images in a particular folder with a lightning-fast speed.
Finding similar pictures is not the only thing that you can do with Quick Photo Finder. One can also use this software to delete duplicate photos with one single click. Along with removing similar pictures from your Windows PC, here are some other features that this quick duplicate photo finder program offers to its users.
Features Of Quick Photo Finder
Here are the prominent features of Quick Photo Finder that helps its users to detect & remove similar photos on their Windows PC.
- The software comes with several customizable filters to help you perform an accurate duplicate image search.
- It allows you to add images and folders quite effortlessly. You only have to drag & drop the folders and pictures on which you want to perform the scan.
- Quick Photo Finder helps you to evaluate the detected duplicates more efficiently by providing the results in organized groups.
- The search algorithm of this software to remove duplicate pictures on Windows 10, 8, & 7 PCs is quite accurate and advanced.
- Another commendable feature of Quick Photo Finder is its intuitive interface. You do not require formal guidance to find & delete similar photos using this program.
So, these are the prominent features of Quick Photo Finder. Now let’s peek into its functionality and know how to use it to detect and remove duplicate images.
How To Use Quick Photo Finder To Get Rid Of Duplicate Photos On Windows
Here is the quick guide that you are looking for & require to use Quick Photo Finder and find duplicate photos on your PC.
- To use Quick Photo Finder, you first have to download and install the duplicate photo finder and remover software on your PC. And for that, click the button provided below.
- After you have downloaded the Quick Photo Finder setup, run it to install the program on your PC. Once you run it, you only have to follow the instructions provided onscreen to perform a successful installation.
- Then launch the duplicate photo cleaner software on your computer.
- After that, you have to add the folders that have duplicate photos. For this, you can also drag and drop those particular folders to the scan pane.
- Now, configure the criteria for the scan.
- Once you have set the scanning criteria, select the Scan option to detect duplicate photos.
- Soon you have a list of detected dupes, review it and then proceed to remove the similar images from your PC.
Now, as we are aware of the features & functionality of Quick Photo Finder. Let’s have a look at the benefits of using this utility to search and erase duplicate photos on Windows computers.
Benefits Of Using Quick Photo Finder
Below are the key benefits of using Quick Photo Finder to find & remove duplicate images.
- Has a free version
- Detects thousands of duplicate pictures in a snap
- Filters to personalize scan
- Allows to add pictures & folders with easy drag & drop option
- Descriptive search results
- Multiple options to deal with detected duplicate images
- Accurate & organized results
- One-click functionality
- Straightforward interface
To help you use the Quick Photo Finder effortlessly and without any issue, here we have answered some of the frequently asked questions for the utility.
Frequently Asked Questions For Quick Photo Finder
Below are the answers to the most common queries for Quick Photo Finder.
Why is it necessary to find duplicate photos and remove them on Windows PC
With ease to click photographs, we all click multiple images to capture a moment perfectly. It leads to the accumulation of a lot of similar photos on the system storage. It eventually reduces the storage space on the PC, which causes sluggish performance. Hence, it is necessary to get rid of the duplicate photos on Windows computers. For this, you have to find and delete the similar pictures on your device. It helps in gaining the lost storage and provides a significant boost to the performance of the PC.
Is it safe to use Quick Photo Finder to delete duplicate photos
There is plenty of software available in the market that claims to fix the duplicate photos on your PC. But, instead of acting as a duplicate photo fixer, they harm your data privacy. Hence, you might be thinking about whether it is safe to use Quick Photo Finder or not.
Do not worry. Quick Photo Finder keeps the privacy of your data as its topmost priority. It helps in finding and removing duplicate pictures on your PC effortlessly without causing any harm to your data or system. You can rely on this duplicate photo finder & eraser software by keeping all your worries aside.
Is there any free version available of Quick Photo Finder
Unlike most of the programs available to clean duplicate images, Quick Photo Finder features a free version. It helps the users to get through the functionality of the software. If you are not sure whether to buy the full version of this duplicate photo detection & remover software, then you can try its free version. However, we suggest you purchase the full version of Quick Photo Finder if you want to experience the complete functionality.
Best Way To Find & Delete Duplicate Photos On Windows
So, this was all that we have to share about how to find and delete duplicate photos on Windows PC. It is essential to clean similar images from your storage regularly. It helps in maintaining the performance of the device, along with the required free space. However, it seems like grasping at straws to detect & delete the similar pictures manually. And on the other hand, it is contrastingly easy and time-saving to search & remove dupes via Quick Photo Finder.
Hence, in our opinion, using Quick Photo Finder is the best way to find & eliminate duplicate photos on Windows PC. If you have some other thoughts, then feel free to share them with us. Below we have the comments section that you can use to share your views & feedback for the above post.