Your HDMI monitor or display port needs a display audio driver to play sound perfectly. Windows thinks of HDMI or display port as an extra sound card that needs a driver. Therefore, today we are shedding some light on the ways to download Intel(R) display audio drivers.
Downloading, installing, and updating Intel(R) display audio drivers is quite simple. All you need is the knowledge of the methods shared in the next section of this article.
Most Recommended Method to Get Intel(R) Display Audio Drivers
IIf you wish to download and update the Intel(R) Display Audio drivers quickly, Bit Driver Updater can help you. Bit Driver Updater is one of the best driver updaters that provide quality updates from trusted sources so you don’t have a risk of virus and malware attacks. Moreover, the tool is free to download too. Get the Bit Driver updater by clicking the button below and update drivers safely.
Methods to Download Intel(R) Display Audio Drivers on Windows PC
Below are the different ways you can implement to download the required Intel(R) display audio drivers, install, and update them on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (64/32 bit) operating systems.
Method 1: From Intel’s Website:
Intel does not offer display audio drivers separately. You get them along with the graphics drivers. Therefore, one way of downloading the audio drivers is to download the graphics driver. Follow these instructions to do it.
- Navigate to the Intel Downloads Center.
- In the search box, key in Intel HD graphics along with the model number and hit Enter. Here, we are taking Intel HD graphics 630 as an example.
- Click on the Download Type tab and choose Drivers from the drop-down list.
- Choose your operating system.
- Click on Download to get the installation file of the drivers you need.
- Click on the downloaded file and then complete the driver installation.
Method 2: Via Device Manager:
Using Device Manager is another way to get the needed drivers for free. Below is how to download, install and update Intel(R) display audio drivers through this method.
- Make the Quick Access menu active by pressing the Windows and X keys.
- Pick Device Manager from the on-screen alternatives.
- After launching the Device Manager, click on the System devices branch.
- Right-click on Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller or High Definition Audio Controller (whichever is present).
- Choose Update driver from the options given in the right-click menu.
- Pick the option to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for some time till appropriate drivers are downloaded and installed on your PC.
- After the process is completed, reboot your device.
Method 3: Download & Update Intel(R) Display Audio Driver
Above we have gone through the manual approaches to download the Intel(R) display audio driver’s updated version. Now, let’s look at the comparatively simple and quick automatic approach.
You can employ software like Bit Driver Updater to download and update the Intel(R) display audio driver in just a few clicks. In addition to one-click driver downloads and updates, this software also offers many outstanding features like driver backup and restore, making system restore points, ignore options for the drivers you wish to keep out of the update process, and more. You can find more information about this incredible program through its complete review.
Now, let’s go through the quick process you need to follow to download the Intel(R) display audio driver’s latest version on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (64 Bit & 32 Bit) computer.
- Click on the download link shared below and then get the software setup downloaded.
- Click on the downloaded executable file and then install the software.
- Wait for a few seconds and let the PC scan complete.
- Once the scan is complete, click on the Update Now tab you see next to the Intel(R) display audio drivers to download and install their updated version.
We suggest you download and update not only the Intel(R) display audio drivers but also the other ones for improved performance. To do this automatically with just a click, use the Update All feature of Bit Driver Updater.
We have received many queries about Intel(R) display audio drivers on our blog. If you also have any questions, then go through the next section to get your answers.
Know More: How to Update Intel CPU Drivers Windows
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is Intel(R) display audio?
As said earlier, Intel(R) display audio is a driver your computer needs for what it thinks to be an additional sound card, i.e., an HDMI monitor or display port. Without it, your PC would not be able to play sound via HDMI or display port.
Q2. How do I enable Intel(R) display audio?
To enable Intel(R) display audio on your computer, follow these steps.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Click the option named Sounds.
- Go to the Playback tab, right-click the empty space, and mark Show Disabled Devices, if it is not already marked.
- Right-click Intel(R) display audio and choose Enable from the popup menu.
- Lastly, click on the OK button.
Q3. How do I update my Intel audio driver?
In the above section of this article, we discussed both manual and automatic ways to get the latest version of the Intel audio driver. You can take any of these routes to download and update the driver. However, in our opinion, the easiest way to do it is through Bit Driver Updater, i.e., one of the renowned driver updaters available in the market.
Intel(R) Display Audio Drivers Downloaded
Through this article, we talked about the methods to download Intel(R) display audio drivers, install, and update them. You can either perform driver downloading and updating manually or automatically. We recommend the automatic way, i.e., the use of Bit Driver Updater to get the drivers you need as this method is convenient enough for everybody. And for more information on a variety of tech topics, subscribe and bookmark this blog.