Acer is one of the famous brands in gaming and business laptops and computers. The things that are assured with the Acer laptops and computers are their gaming performance and long-lasting battery life. However, the hardware is not the only thing that is credible for an excellent performance. Device drivers are equally important as well. Hence, you should download Acer drivers on Windows 10 that are best for your device.
It is quite necessary to have correct drivers on your system as hardware alone cannot function any task. They always require a driver, and most importantly, adequate as well as updated drivers to do so. That’s why it becomes equally important to regularly update Acer drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7, or any other version of Windows.
Today, we are going to guide you through the possible methods to download, update, and install Acer drivers on Windows 10. Earlier than this, we have guided you through the steps to update drivers on HP and Dell devices as well. However, the steps are quite similar, but here they are more focused on updating and installing Acer drivers. So, let’s check them.
Methods to Install, Update, and Download Acer drivers on Windows PC
The methods to update, install and download Acer driver is also quite similar to the methods of updating and downloading drivers of any other device. Here we have mentioned them below.
1. Methods to Download Acer Drivers on Windows 10
Here we are going to discuss methods to download Acer driver on Windows 10, 8, or 7, if you don’t have any particular driver on your Acer computer or laptop. There are two methods that people usually use for downloading Acer driver on Windows 10.
Method 1: Download Acer Drivers from Acer Support.
You can use Acer’s official support to download the Acer drivers that you require. Here are the step to follow.
- Visit the link
- After visiting, set your region and location.
- Now you have to enter the information about your Acer device. You can provide the serial number, model number, or SNID number of your Acer device.
- Once you have entered the details of your device, click on Find.
- It will take you to the product page, look for the Drivers option and click on it.
- Choose your operating system, whether it is Windows 10, 8, or 7, and it will provide you with the perfect drivers.
- Now click on the drivers to download them.
Method 2: Download Acer Drivers from Third-Party Websites
Another reliable source to download Acer drivers is various reliable third-party driver providers. You can download drivers from the websites of third party driver providers. However, it is quite risky to do so. Hence, you have to be sure about the third-party driver provider before downloading any driver.
2. Methods to Install Acer Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7
One can install Acer drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7, or any other latest versions of the operating system in two ways. Here we have mentioned both the methods through which you can install the downloaded Acer driver.
Method 1: Direct Installation
It means installing the driver directly with the help of the downloaded file. When you have downloaded the driver file, you might have noticed that it usually comes in .exe file format. If the driver file that you have downloaded is also in the .exe file format, then you can directly install the Acer driver by opening the file. You just need to double click on the file, and then the installation wizard will provide you the rest instructions. After completion of the installation, restart your PC.
Method 2: Device Manager
Another method to install Acer drivers on Windows 10 is by using Windows Device Manager. These steps can help you to install drivers on your Acer device through the Device Manager.
- Search for Device Manager in the Windows Search box and select the search result.
- Now select the device of which you have downloaded the driver on your Acer laptop or computer.
- Right-click on that device and then click on Properties in the drop-down menu.
- Now select the Drive tab.
- In the Driver tab, click on Update Driver.
- After that, you have to select the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option and then select ‘Pick a list of device drivers on my computer’.
- Now search for the .inf file of the driver you want to install.
- Click on it and then select Next to install Acer driver on Windows 10.
3. Methods to Update Acer Driver on Windows 10, 8, and 7
Apart from downloading and installing a driver, you also need to make sure that it’ll not become outdated. For this, you have to update Acer drivers that are installed on your device regularly. It’s your choice whether you want to update them manually or automatically. Here we have mentioned both the methods to update Acer drivers on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Manual Method to update Acer Driver: Windows Update
You can update Acer drivers manually by using Windows Update. People usually prefer this method the most to update device drivers manually. Follow these steps to use Windows Update for updating Acer drivers on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Open the start menu of Windows by clicking on the Windows Start icon.
- Click on Settings to open the Windows Settings window.
- Now you have to select the Windows Update & Security option and then the Check for Updates option to get the latest version of drivers on Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can do it from the Control Panel.
- Just open the Windows Control Panel, then select System and Security.
- Click on Windows Update, and after that, select the Check for Updates option.
- You’ll get a list of Acer drivers that needs to be updated. At last, just select the one you want to update.
However, sometimes this method fails to work, hence we prefer you to use the automatic method to update Acer drivers on Windows 10, 8, or 7.
Automatic Method to Update Acer Driver: Bit Driver Updater
At last, here comes the best possible method through which you can update Acer drivers on Windows 10. It is none other than Bit Driver Updater. We have recommended this best utility to update drivers on Windows earlier as well. If you have not seen our previous guides, then let us tell you that Bit Driver Updater is the best option if you are looking to update drivers on your Acer device automatically. The software can help you with some latest driver updates that too from some of the genuine and reliable sources. You do not need to worry about the authenticity of driver updates when you are using Bit Driver Updater. It provides you with the WHQL certified driver updates. You can update Acer drivers or any other drivers quite effortlessly by using Bit Driver Updater. You can download and install the Bit Driver Updater application from the link:
After installing the utility, here are the steps to update the Acer drivers.
- You have to launch the Bit Driver Updater application. You can do it by double-clicking the application icon.
- After a few seconds of being launched, the software will provide you with the list of Acer drivers that needs an update.
- Now the only thing that you have to do is to select the ‘Update Now’ option. Once you select it, the software will start updating that particular Acer driver.
At last, we would like to wind up this guide. We hope that the above-mentioned methods have helped you to update, install, and download Acer driver on Windows operating system. Furthermore, if you want more such helpful guides, then you should subscribe to Innovana blogs. We’ll get back to you soon with another helpful guide.