This write-up highlights the best methods to download, install, and update Xbox one controller driver.
Microsoft’s Xbox One controller is every gamer’s dream come true. It hosts almost every feature that you could imagine having in a game controller. If you have it, then perhaps you are a true gaming enthusiast. But, merely having the best game controller is not enough. The compatible device drivers are needed to make it perform the way you would expect. Without a driver, you won’t be able to play your favorite games. Thus, this write-up focuses on the simple ways to download the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
Thus, this write-up focuses on the simple ways to download and update the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
Recommendation for Downloading the Latest version of Xbox One Controller Driver
Before starting with the different possible and effective methods to download and update the Xbox One controller driver, we would like to recommend the most flawless method of doing so. We are doing this for the people who do not have much time to read the whole write-up. If you want the most optimum solution to download and update their device drivers as soon as possible, then you must download Bit Driver Updater. With this PC application, you can get the latest version of your device drivers just after performing a few clicks. You can get this competent driver updater program with the download button provided below.
How to Intall & Download Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10/8/7
Below are the methods through which you can download the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10 and install it in the easiest possible manner.
Method 1: Manually Download Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10 via Decive Manager
Windows is an intelligent operating system. It understands the needs of users well. Therefore, there is a utility in your PC known as Device Manager that takes care of all your driver-related concerns. Below is how to use it to download the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
- In the search bar located on the Task Bar, type “Device Manager”.
- Click on the topmost search result to open it.
- Wait for Device Manager to open and after it opens, expand “Xbox Peripherals”.
- Right-click on “Microsoft Xbox One controller” and select “Update Driver Software” (on the latest Windows 10 versions, click on “Update Driver”).
- Now, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the options displayed on the screen.
- Wait till Windows finds and installs the “Xbox One controller driver”.
- Restart the PC after completing the above steps.
However, Windows may not be able to download the Xbox One controller driver if the update is released only before some time. If that happens, then try the below methods to download, install, and update Xbox One controller driver.
Method 2: Using Windows Update
You can install the Xbox One controller driver via Windows update. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it.
- Connect the controller with the PC through the USB port.
- Let Windows detect the change in hardware.
- Wait till the Windows update searches for the Xbox One controller drivers.
- After the search is complete, download the required drivers.
- Once the drivers are downloaded, install them on your PC.
Now, check whether the Xbox One controller works correctly or not. If it does not work properly, then this means that the driver is not installed and you need to download the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver again.
Method 3: Use driver CD/DVD to download & install the driver
Many times, the Xbox One controller comes with a driver CD or DVD. If you have also got it, then follow the below steps to download the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
- Insert the driver CD/DVD in the PC’s drive.
- Open “This PC” in Windows 10. If you have an older Windows version, then open “My Computer”.
- Double-click the CD/DVD that you have inserted to run it. If it fails to run, then double-click the “.exe extension” present in the CD directory.
- Follow the instructions that come up on the screen to finish the driver installation.
In case you don’t have a CD/DVD or this method does not work for you, then jump to the below method to install the Xbox One controller driver.
Method 4: Download the Xbox One Controller Driver via Xbox Search
You can also manually download the driver for this device on Windows 10 via the Xbox controller search page. Follow the below instructions to do it.
- Visit the Xbox One controller search page.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the Xbox controller driver for Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the link that appears on your screen to begin the download.
- After the setup file is successfully downloaded, click on it.
- Unzip the file and then comply with the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
Method 5: Download the Xbox One Controller Driver from the Official Website
The Microsoft Xbox One controller driver is also available on the official website of Microsoft. Below is how to get it from there.
- Click on this link to go to Microsoft support for Xbox One controller.
- Click on the Software & Drivers arrow to choose your operating system.
- Now Click on the driver installation file to download it.
- After the file is downloaded, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Xbox One controller driver on your computer.
How to Update Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10
Here we have the easiest methods through which you can update the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
Method 1: Update the Xbox One Controller PC Driver with Command Prompt
This method may seem a bit challenging to novice users. If you are desirous of trying it to download and update the driver, then follow these directions.
- In the Cortana search box, type “Command Prompt” and right-click the topmost result.
- Choose “Run as administrator” from the right-click menu.
- After entering the Command Prompt window, input the below-mentioned command.
expand -f:* Update-Name.cab Destination-Folder
In the above command, type the name of the CAB file in place of the update name and replace the Destination Folder with the update folder’s path.
- Go to the above update folder and right-click on xb1usb.inf file.
- Click on “Install” and choose “Yes.”
Method 2: Use a USB cable
You can also download the updated driver for Microsoft Xbox One controller via a USB cable. Simply, plug in your controller through the micro USB cable and you are good to go.
Method 3: Use the Xbox Accessories App
The creators of the Xbox provide an Xbox Accessories App for Windows that allows you to download or update the drivers of different products from Xbox. you can download the app, find your Xbox One controller and download it to run the gamepad properly.
Method 4: Update Xbox One controller drivers By Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Here’s the best way not only to update, download, and install Xbox One controller drivers but all other hardware drivers as well. Bit Driver Updater is the program that you need to fulfill all your driver-related requirements and boost your PC’s performance. Below we discuss how to use it for installing the Xbox One Controller driver.
How to Update Xbox One Controller Driver by Using Bit Driver Updater
- Use the above button to download Bit Driver Updater and then install it on your PC.
- Open the Bit Driver Updater software and click on ‘Scan Drivers’.
- After the scan results appear, click on “Update Now” to update the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver. If you want to update all outdated, missing, faulty drivers in a single mouse click, then choose “Update All”.
See, it is quite simple to use Bit Driver Updater The above three steps are all you need to follow. In addition to ease of use, we have several reasons for recommending Bit Driver Updater. We enlist the prominent ones below.
Why is Bit Driver Updater our topmost recommendation
- It takes the PC’s performance to greater heights and makes it a whole lot faster.
- With this driver updater, you can schedule scans and run them whenever you want.
- This driver update utility lets you exclude the drivers that you don’t want to scan.
- It is among the best multilingual driver updaters.
- Bit Driver Updater is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows.
The above list is not where our reasons for recommending this wonderful tool ends. This was just a small snapshot of them. You’ll get to know the complete picture, i.e., more advantages of using Bit Driver Updater once you use it by yourself. Thus, click on the download button to watch your PC turn into the fastest PC ever.
Along with Bit Driver Updater, you can also give a try to Quick Driver Updater. It is also worthy of your attention.
Do you still have any questions in your mind about downloading, installing, and updating the Xbox One Controller driver? If yes, then go through the next section to find all your answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do you need a driver for Xbox One Controller?
Xbox One Controller is a plug-and-play device. Hence, Windows downloads the drivers for it automatically when you connect it to the computer. However, in many instances, Windows may fail to do it. Then you need to get the drivers manually or with the help of the best driver update software like Bit Driver Updater. The driver smoothens the communication between your PC and controller to give you a glitch-free gaming experience.
Q2. How do I install drivers on Xbox One Controllers?
To install the drivers for your Xbox One Controller, implement the steps shared below.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click on Xbox Peripherals.
- Right-click on the Xbox One controller and choose “Update driver software.”
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Input the location that contains the driver, mark “Include subfolders”, and click on the “Browse” button.
- Choose the folder containing the driver, click on “OK”, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Q3. How do I connect a controller to my PC?
Connecting the controller to the PC is simple. You can do it via a USB cable, Xbox wireless adapter, or using Bluetooth. You can learn more about connecting the controller to your computer from official site .
Q4. How do I check my Xbox controller driver version?
Follow the below steps to check the driver version of your Xbox controller.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click on Xbox Peripherals.
- Click on Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Choose Properties from the available options.
Navigate to the Drivers tab and view the driver details.
Q5. How do I solve Xbox One Controller Not Working on PC issue?
With the help of the methods and solutions listed in the above article, you can easily solve all the problems related to Xbox One Controller not working. Take the help of the steps listed above one by one, until your problem is solved.
Download Xbox One Controller Driver: Done
Above we learned the simple methods to download the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10. You can select any of them you find the easiest way to get the latest driver for your Xbox One controller. Lastly, don’t forget to follow us on our social media handles and subscribe to Innovana Blog for more such tech knowledge.