Is a permanently mute PC of any use? We don’t think so. You need sound for various purposes such as listening to your favorite tracks, playing games, or binge-watching on the PC. When sound is this essential, if an IDT high definition audio CODEC driver fails to install, you are bound to panic.
Luckily enough, your search for a solution to fix this issue has brought you to the right place. This post talks about the simplest ways to fix the IDT high definition audio CODEC driver issue in Windows 10. To get rid of this annoying problem, you simply need to be calm and try the methods listed in the below segment.
Bit Driver Updater: The Most Recommended Method
We have listed below a couple of ways to update and fix IDT high-definition audio CODEC driver issues. However, if you are not interested in knowing all methods and just want to know the best one, then you may consider Bit Driver Updater. The software is best for updating all the device drivers and fixing PC issues related to them. Click on the below tab to download and install Bit Driver Updater on your PC.
IDT high definition audio CODEC driver not installing: Solved
It is possible to fix IDT high-definition audio CODEC driver error without you having to beat your brain out. All that you are required to do is, try the below solutions.
Solution 1: Install the IDT high definition audio CODEC driver in compatibility mode
Sometimes, IDT high-definition audio drivers for Windows 10 works perfectly with the previous Windows versions. Thus, try installing it in the compatibility mode. Here are the steps to do it.
- Visit the manufacturer’s official website and download the driver that is compatible with the operating system and processor of the PC.
- Open the Downloads folder and locate the driver’s setup file.
- Right-click the setup file and choose Properties from the menu that appears.
- Move to the compatibility tab and select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Select an older Windows version from the drop-down list that comes up.
- Double-click the setup file and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the installation completes, restart your PC.
Solution 2: Reinstall the IDT high definition audio driver with Device Manager
Reinstalling the driver may also resolve the troublesome error that you are facing. Simply, follow the below steps to install the IDT high definition audio CODEC driver again.
- Press the Windows logo and R key at the same time to launch the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click on OK to open Device Manager.
- Click on the arrow that expands the “Sound, video and game controllers” category.
- Locate and right-click on IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
- Choose Update Driver Software from the menu that comes up.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select “Let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- On the next screen, choose High Definition Audio Device and click on the Next button.
- If a warning message appears, then click on Yes and wait for the installation to complete.
Solution 3: Turn On IDT Audio Services
If none of the above-listed methods work, then you should try to turn on the IDT Audio services on your computer. Follow these steps to perform this task:
- Right-click of the start menu
- Select ‘Run’ from the list
- Search for ‘services.msc’ and press ‘Enter’
- Look for ‘Windows Audio’
- Select the bar and view ‘Properties’
- In ‘General’, change the ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Automatic’
- Click the ‘Start’ button
- Click ‘Ok’
- Follow the same step for the ‘Multimedia Class Scheduler’ and ‘Windows Audio Endpoint Builder’ heads.
- Restart the PC.
Solution 4: Use Bit Driver Updater to update the IDT audio CODEC driver on Windows 10
If the above two methods don’t work for you for some reason or you find them too difficult to follow, then here’s the ultimate solution. To get rid of the IDT high definition audio CODEC driver error on Windows 10, get Bit Driver Updater. This best driver updater program not only resolves the problem but also optimizes and speeds up the PC. Below is what else it offers.
- Driver backup and restore functionality
- One-click update of all the out of date, faulty, and missing drivers
- Support for multiple languages
- Saves your time from the manual driver hunt all over the web
This is not all. You will notice many other advantages of using Bit Driver Updater after you begin to use it. Get this wonderful utility and put all your worries to rest.
Steps to download, install, and use the Bit Driver Updater:
- To download the Bit Driver Updater clicking the button below
- After the download is complete install the software
- Run the software from the desktop shortcut to scan your system
- The driver updater will search for the latest updates of drivers and also gives suggestions
- Click on ‘Update All’ to update all the drivers shown in the list.
With the help of the above-detailed steps, you can easily activate all the IDT Audio services within a couple of minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about IDT high definition audio CODEC driver Problem
Q.1 How do I fix IDT High Definition Audio Codec?
With the help of the above-explained steps and methods, you can easily fix all the problems faced with an IDT high-definition audio codec driver.
Q.2 What is IDT High Definition Audio Codec?
The IDT High Definition Audio Codec is a driver utility that helps in the smooth performance of IDT audio devices and related drivers as supported by different operating systems.
Q.3 How do I update my IDT high-definition audio CODEC driver?
You can easily update the audio codec by visiting the official website of the audio codec but it can be a little overwhelming. The best way to update the audio codec is to get the Bit Driver Updater, the best driver updater for Windows. It not only updates the driver manually but also provides an option of automatic updates scheduled scans and many more.
Q.4 Should I remove IDT audio?
No, we would recommend that you do not uninstall the IDT audio as it may be helpful in different cases. Moreover, it is very hard to uninstall IDT audio from your computer completely.
Congrats! You’ve successfully resolved the IDT high definition audio CODEC driver error
Hopefully, you no longer face the IDT high-definition audio CODEC driver problem on Windows 10. Enjoy the ultimate sound quality on your PC. But, before indulging in that, don’t forget to subscribe and bookmark Innovana Blog for more such tech solutions and updates