This post gives the easiest possible solutions for how to fix the WiFi is Not Working on your PC.
Undisrupted internet connectivity is something we all desire. Even the slightest disruption in the internet connection creates panic. Are your productivity and working has also halted for the reason that the WiFi is not working in Windows 10? If yes, then you are the one for whom this write-up is.
Here, we discuss the solutions for nearly all the WiFi related problems. In this post, you get an answer to the most common question, i.e., “how to fix WiFi connection?”
Quick Fixes for WiFi is not Working in Windows 10
Below are the solutions that you can try to fix the issues if WiFi is not working in Windows 10.
Solution 1: Boot the network again
Booting the network again establishes a fresh connection between your PC and the Internet Service Provider. This can help you resolve the problems if WiFi is not working in Windows 10. Below is how to reboot the network.
- Shut down your computer and unplug the wireless router.
- After 60 seconds, plug the wireless router again and wait till the lights normalize.
- Now, start the PC and connect it to WiFi again.
Hopefully, you got the answer to how to fix WiFi connection. But if the issues still remain unresolved, then try the next fix.
Also Know: Dell WiFi Drivers Download and Update on Windows PC : A simple guide
Solution 2: Run the troubleshooter
Windows hosts an in-built troubleshooter for almost all the problems. Thus, if you are searching for how to fix WiFi problems in Windows 10, then you can run the troubleshooter to fix the issues. Below is how to do it.
- In the Windows search bar, type “network troubleshooter” and click on the topmost result that you get.
- Wait till the network troubleshooter scans your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issues if WiFi is not working in Windows 10.
Check whether you can access internet or not. If not, then jump on to the next fix.
Solution 3: Alter the network settings
Sometimes, WiFi is on but you cannot connect to the internet. And, are then forced to search for how to fix if WiFi connected but no internet. In such a scenario, you can fix the issue by altering the network settings with the below-mentioned steps.
- In the search box, type “cmd”, right-click the topmost result, and choose “Run as administrator”.
- After Command Prompt window comes, type “netsh winsock reset” and hit Enter.
- Now, type “netsh int ip reset” and hit Enter again.
- Next, type “ipconfig /release” and once again hit Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” and hit Enter.
- Lastly, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit Enter for the last time.
After completing these steps, you’ll no longer see that WiFi is not working in Windows 10. But, if the problem persists, then below are more solutions to fix it.
Also Read: How To Fix WiFi Related Problem On Windows
Solution 4: Roll back the wireless network adapter driver
If you’ve recently installed a new wireless network adapter driver, then this could be the reason for which you are searching for how to fix a wireless adapter. Incompatible drivers hamper its working. Thus, follow the below steps to roll back the driver.
- In the search box, type “device manager” and select the first result that comes up.
- Once the Device Manager screen comes up, locate and expand the “Network adapters” category.
- Right-click the network adapter that you are using and choose “Properties”.
- In the Properties window, move to the “Driver” tab.
- Click on “Roll Back Driver”.
- Lastly, click on OK.
Is the WiFi is not working in Windows 10 problem resolved? We hope, yes. But, if the issues remain the same, then we’ve got more solutions below.
Also Know: Solved: AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In Windows
Solution 5: Reinstall the network adapter’s driver
Uninstalling the network adapter’s driver and then reinstalling them can help you resolve the issues if the WiFi is not working in Windows 10. Thus, try doing it with the steps below.
- Open Device Manager and expand the “Network adapter” category.
- Right-click the network adapter and then choose “Uninstall driver” from the options that appear.
- Restart the PC.
After you restart the computer, Windows automatically installs the latest driver for the network adapter. Hopefully, this answers how to fix WiFi connection problem in Windows 10. If the issues still remain unanswered, then try the next solution.
Solution 6: Change the network adapter’s channel width
If the wireless network adapter’s channel width is not correctly set, then this may result in no internet connection on your device. Thus, changing the channel width can help you fix the issues with ease. To do it, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Type “network” in the search box and choose the first result that appears on the screen.
- Wait for the Network and Sharing Center to open.
- After it opens, click on “Change adapter settings”.
- Locate and right-click the wireless adapter.
- Select “Properties” from the menu that comes up.
- Move to the “Advanced” tab.
- Choose “802.11 channel width” and alter it.
- Click on “OK” to apply the changes.
These steps are the answer to how to fix no internet access. If the issue is still unresolved, then below is the ultimate way to solve all the problems.
Also Know: How to Fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error in Windows 10
Solution 7: Update network adapter’s drivers with ITL Driver Updater
No matter whether you are searching for “how to fix your WiFi connection or solve other PC problems?” ITL Driver Updater is the ultimate solution. Updating drivers with this best driver updater helps you resolve all the PC issues in a second. Thus, to fix the WiFi connection issues and tweak the device’s performance at the same time, you need to update network adapter’s drivers through ITL Driver Updater. Below are the steps to do it.
- Get ITL Driver Updater from the below button and install it.
- Launch the application.
- Choose “Scan” from the left side of the window and wait for a few seconds till the scan finishes.
- After the scan finishes, choose “Update All” to resolve all the problems in the blink of an eye.
Now, a thought comes up that why are we suggesting only ITL Driver Updater and not any other utility to update outdated network adapter drivers. Well, we have several good points to make. Here they are.
- ITL Driver Updater elevates the device’s performance and makes it up to 50% faster.
- It lets you get rid of all the outdated device drivers automatically in a single click.
- There is the much-needed restore functionality to get back the previous driver versions if anything goes wrong while updating the drivers.
- This utility supports all the recent Windows versions and multiple languages.
Want to know more about ITL Driver Updater? If yes, then why not try it. We are sure that after trying this utility, you’ll get to know many of its unique features and advantages.
WiFi is not working in Windows 10-Fixed
This post answered how to fix WiFi connection when the WiFi is not working in Windows 10. We hope that the issue is now resolved. Do let us know via the comments whether this write-up helped you or not. Also, hit that subscribe button and the bookmark icon to get more such simple solutions for the toughest tech problems.