Do you need to learn how to boost FPS in Roblox games? Then, continue reading this article to know the best ways to get the desired FPS.
Roblox is quite an addictive platform to play the most fascinating games. In addition to playing games, it also allows you to create a game that you want others to play and enjoy. However, what hampers the overall user experience on Roblox is a low FPS. If you also feel the same, keep reading this article to learn how to increase FPS in Roblox.
With all that being said, a question may arise that why do you need to boost FPS. Well, the answer is quite simple. A high FPS minimizes the input lag, so you can react quickly to the opponent’s moves before he/she takes over the game completely.
Now, as we know why FPS is so crucial in Roblox games, let’s understand how to get more of it.
7 effective ways to increase FPS in Roblox games
Below is how to get an increased FPS in Roblox games effortlessly.
Method 1: Disable the background programs:
Having too many programs running in the background pressurizes the PC resources, resulting in a low FPS. Therefore, to increase the FPS, you need to close them. Here is the series of steps to do it.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the context menu.
- Click on the Processes tab if the same is not already open.
- Right-click on the programs that eat up a lot of GPU and have a high power usage.
- Select End task from the menu on your screen.
Method 2: Change your PC’s power plan to high performance:
Changing the power plan to the maximum settings can have a huge impact on the FPS and overall gaming performance. Below is how to boost FPS in Roblox games with the changed power plan.
- Press the Windows and I keys in combination with each other to launch Settings.
- Choose System from the available Settings.
- Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
- Select Additional power settings.
- Choose High performance from the available options.
Method 3: Change the graphic settings:
If you play Roblox games on a low-end PC, then tuning down the graphic settings is also one of the answers for how to get more FPS. Thus, below is the step-by-step way to reduce the graphic settings.
- Launch the game and click on the three horizontal lines located in the top-left corner.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Change the Graphics Mode to Manual.
- Slide the Graphics Quality towards the left for improved performance.
- Click on the Resume Game button or press Esc to go back to your game.
Method 4: Update the graphics driver (Recommended):
Outdated graphics drivers can cause quite a lot of gaming problems, such as a low FPS. One of the best ways to improve gaming performance and increase FPS is to update your graphics driver.
You can perform a driver update either manually or automatically using a competent driver updater. We find the second option more appropriate as it makes the driver update process faster.
With software, like Bit Driver Updater, you can update all the problematic drivers with just one click. Moreover, this software also provides you numerous advantageous features, like driver download speed acceleration, etc.
We have done a comprehensive review of Bit Driver Updater. You can check that out to get more information about it.
For now, below is how to update the graphics driver with Bit Driver Updater to get more FPS.
- Click on the link shared below to download the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the downloaded file and complete the software installation.
- Let Bit Driver Updater scan your PC thoroughly for a couple of seconds.
- Check the scan result and click on Update All to get all the flagged drivers updated automatically.
If you only want to update the driver for your graphics card, then click on the Update Now button to do it individually. However, we always recommend updating all the drivers for better computer performance.
Method 5: Update your operating system:
Updating the operating system is also among the most effective ways to give Roblox FPS and overall performance a boost. Below are the step-by-step directions to do it.
- Press the Windows and I keys in concurrence with each other.
- Choose Update & Security from the on-screen menu.
- Check for updates.
- Download the available update and install it.
- After performing the Windows update, restart your computer.
Method 6: Turn on the game mode:
Enabling the game mode also significantly improves the gaming capabilities of a computer. And also helps you get more FPS on Roblox games. Thus, below is how to enable it.
- Use the keyboard command Windows+I to call up the Settings.
- Choose Gaming from the available options.
- Select Game Mode from the left panel.
- Click on the Game Mode toggle to enable it.
Method 7: Remove textures:
Textures also have quite a significant effect on how your PC performs when it comes to gaming. Deleting textures is an excellent way to reduce lag and give Roblox FPS a power-packed boost. Thus, below is how to do it.
- Use the Windows+R keyboard shortcut to launch the Run box.
- Type %appdata% in the on-screen box and click on OK.
- Choose AppData from the top bar.
- Click on the folder named Local.
- Open the Roblox folder.
- Click on the Versions folder.
- Select the folder having the latest version number.
- Choose PlatformContent.
- Click on the PC folder.
- Locate the Textures folder and click on it.
- Delete all the folders except studs and wangIndex.
- Right-click the Recycle Bin icon present on your desktop.
- Choose Empty Recycle Bin from the context menu.
Final words on how to increase FPS in Roblox
Above was how to get more FPS in Roblox games effortlessly. You can start from the first one and stop at the method that gives you the FPS you want. If you want the best gaming experience without putting in much effort, then update the graphics driver with Bit Driver Updater.
If you know other better ways to give FPS a boost in Roblox games, then share them via the comments section. And, for more posts like this, subscribe to Innovana Thinklabs Blog and add it to your bookmarks.