Today, we are going to tell you how to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp. You all know about WhatsApp. The messaging app is the most widely known and used one among other alternatives all around the world. People majorly prefer WhatsApp over other messaging apps to have text conversations with their friends and family. Along with text messages, WhatsApp also enables you to share media files such as images, audios, etc. Hence, we also share short clips, songs, memes, selfies, etc. with our known ones through WhatsApp.
However, in recent years, WhatsApp has also launched a “Delete For Everyone” feature. With this feature, you can remove the message entirely from the conversation. It even gets removed for the receiver as well. You can also remove pictures, videos, and other shared files, within a specific duration. But, what if someone has sent you a useful image, and then after sometime removes it entirely from the conversation. Yes, you may ask that person to send the photo again. But, it can also happen that he/she has removed it from their respective smartphone as well. Then, in that case, you’ll start to panic and search “How to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp?” on Google. It will show you multiple solutions, and you might get confused among them. Hence, we have come up with some most effective solutions that can help you to recover WhatsApp images deleted by the sender. So, without further ado, let’s move straight to the solutions by which you can retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures.
Methods to Recover Deleted Photos from WhatsApp
If you are also the one who wants to know how to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp, then you can try the three below mentioned methods. These methods can most probably help you to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures.
Check Your Phone’s Storage
This is one of the primary and easiest methods to recover WhatsApp images. However, this method only works on Android devices as they have more flexibility to access their system files than iPhone users. Here are the steps through which you can recover deleted Whatsapp images just by checking the WhatsApp folder in your phone’s storage.
1. Open the File Explorer application of your phone.
2. Tap on Internal Memory.
3. Then look for the WhatsApp folder and open it.
4. Tap on Media.
5. Open the WhatsApp Images folder and check it for the image that you are looking for.
You might get the image that you are looking for in the WhatsApp folder. However, this method doesn’t seem to be effective every time. Hence, you must also check other methods.
Here comes one of the most effective ways to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp. The method works on both iPhone and Android smartphones. So, let’s have a look at the steps through which you can recover WhatsApp images deleted by the sender by restoring your WhatsApp backup data. Before that, just make sure that there is an appropriate backup created by the WhatsApp.
1. Uninstall the WhatsApp application.
2. After uninstalling it, go to the Play Store or App Store and install it again.
3. Verify your mobile number.
4. After verifying the mobile number, WhatsApp will ask if you want to restore the backup data or not.
5. Select the Restore option.
Now, let the restoration complete. Once it gets completed, you’ll again have all your messages, images, and other files restored. It is one of the best and effective methods to recover deleted Whatsapp images. Now let’s move to the third method of retrieving the entirely removed images from WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Photo Recovery Apps
WhatsApp Photo Recovery Apps can also be a decent answer for how to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp. There are various apps available in the market that can help you to retrieve important images from WhatsApp. For example, let’s take dr.fone – Data Recovery. You can recover WhatsApp images on both Android and iOS devices using this app.
Here are the instructions to retrieve removed Whatsapp images on iPhone using dr.fone – Data Recovery.
1. The first step is to install dr.fone – Data Recovery on your PC.
2. Then, start the application.
3. Now select the Data Recovery option.
4. After that, attach your iOS smartphone to the PC with the help of a USB cable.
5. Click on Recover iPhone Data.
6. Mark the “WhatsApp & Attachments” option.
7. Now, select “Start Scan”.
8. It will show you the items recovered in different categories after finishing the scan.
9. Select the required items and choose the “Recover to Computer” option.
Also Read: How to become a Beta Tester for Whatsapp
You can follow the below steps to recover WhatsApp images on your Android smartphone using dr.fone – Data Recovery.
1. Same as earlier, the first step is to install dr.fone – Data Recovery on your PC.
2. Run the application.
3. After that, attach your smartphone to the PC with the help of a USB cable.
4. It will ask you about the items you want to recover, select WhatsApp Messages & Attachments.
5. After that, the application will start scanning. Once the scanning gets finished, it will show you the items that you can recover.
6. Select the images that you want to recover and then, choose the “Recover” option.
It’s quite simple. You just require to follow all these simple steps to recover your WhatsApp images successfully with dr.fone – Data Recovery.
So, these are some solutions for how to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp. You can try any of these methods you find most suitable for you. We hope that these tips helped you to recover your deleted Whatsapp images.
Furthermore, if you want more such useful tips and tricks about WhatsApp, then subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark the page as well.