Want to know where you were on a particular day of the week/month/year? Then, view your Google location history on Android/iPhone. Read on to learn how to do it.
If for any reason you want to know your location on the last weekend, even before that, or on any given day, you can view your Google location history on Android/iPhone.
Now, you might be wondering how Google knows your whereabouts. Well, the answer is simple. Like every other company, it uses trackers to track your location for various purposes, such as recommending the best nearby restaurants to savor your favorite pastry.
If you use Google Maps, you can find your location history effortlessly. Now, let’s answer your question, i.e., “How do I find my location history?”
The step-by-step way to find your Google location history on Android and iPhone
Below is how to see your location history on Android as well as iPhone.
Viewing Google location history on Android
You can follow these steps to see your location history on Android.
- Launch Google Maps on your phone.
- Tap the three horizontal bars present on the top-left of your screen.
- Choose Your Timeline from the given options.
- Now, you can do a bottom swipe to change days, or tap on the top to pick a particular day to view your location.
Viewing Google location history on iPhone
Below is how you can view your location history on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Privacy from the available options.
- Select Location Services.
- Click on System Services.
- Go to Significant Locations/Frequent Locations and turn it off.
Now, you can view your complete Google location history on your iPhone.
In addition to viewing your location history, you can also turn the location history off to keep your privacy intact. Below is how to do it.
Turning off Google location history on Android
You can follow these steps to turn off your location history on Android.
- Open Google Maps on your phone.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Choose Settings from the on-screen menu.
- Tap on the Personal Content option.
- Go to the Location Settings.
- Tap on the Location history is on option.
- Turn off the Location History toggle.
Turning off Google location history on iPhone
Below are the steps you need to take to turn off the Google location history on your iPhone.
- Launch Google Maps.
- Go to the settings.
- Scroll down to the Personal Content.
- Select the Location History settings.
- Click on the Location History toggle to turn it off.
Final words on how to see your location history
Above we answered your question, i.e., “How do I find my location history and delete it?” Along with this, we also shared how to turn off the location history if you do not want your whereabouts to get recorded.
For more helpful tech guides, subscribe to this blog to get notified whenever we upload a new post.