Read on to find out how to fix the HP EliteBook touchpad not working problem in the easiest possible way.
How do you navigate on your laptop? We know the most common answer is via touchpad. Most of the users prefer using the glide pad as their means of navigation on a notebook PC. The reason is using a touchpad is far more convenient than remembering the keyboard shortcuts. However, these days, HP EliteBook users are left with no option other than using the keyboard shortcut commands or connecting a mouse to their laptop. We understand how inconvenient this can be. Therefore, this article highlights how you can fix the issues if the HP EliteBook touchpad is not working.
Before we move further, we suggest you connect a mouse to your laptop as the solutions involve a bit of screen navigation. If there is no mouse available, then also there are no worries as we will give you the keyboard shortcut for all the actions that you need to perform for solving this issue.
Let’s now begin troubleshooting the HP EliteBook laptop mouse not working problem.
Quick and Easy Workarounds for HP Elitebook Touchpad Not Working Issue (100% Working)
Below are the simple fixes to solve the HP EliteBook touchpad not working problem on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Enable the Touchpad
The HP EliteBook touchpad may not be working because the touchpad is disabled. Enable it by going along with these directions.
- Press the keys Windows and I in unison to initiate “Settings.”
- Choose “Devices” from the options that you see on the Settings window.
- From the options present on the left pane, pick “Mouse settings.” You can use the shortcut Ctrl+Arrow+Spacebar to do it.
- Select “Additional settings.”
- Navigate to the “Hardware” tab and select “Enable” if the touchpad is disabled.
- Boot the laptop again.
Solution 2: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
You can make use of the inbuilt troubleshooter in Windows to fix the hardware issues if the HP EliteBook laptop mouse is not working. Follow the directions given here to do it.
- Press the Windows and R keys to view the “Run box.”
- In the space present in the box, type “Control” and press Enter. If you have an external mouse connected to the laptop, then you can click on “OK.”
- After the Control Panel is triggered, select “Troubleshooting” either with your mouse or Ctrl+Arrow+Spacebar shortcut.
- Now, choose “Hardware and Sound” from the visible options.
- Choose “Hardware and Devices.”
- Select “Next” and wait until the troubleshooting finishes.
- Comply with the on-screen directions to solve the detected problems.
- Once the problems are resolved, reboot the laptop.
Solution 3: Install the HP Elitebook Touchpad Driver Again
If the HP EliteBook touchpad is not working, then incorrect driver download and installation can be one of the major causes behind this issue. Therefore, follow these instructions to download the HP EliteBook touchpad driver and install it again.
- Start the “Run box.”
- In that box, enter the command to open Device Manager, i.e., “Devmgmt.msc.”
- Hit the Enter key or click “OK.”
- After you see the Device Manager, press the tab key once and then use the down arrow key to reach “Mice and other pointing devices.” Once you reach it, press the right arrow to expand it. In case you have an external mouse, then you can straightaway click the category to view its contents.
- Double-click on the touchpad driver or use the arrow key to reach it and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the “Driver” tab and use the tab key to select “Uninstall device” or if you can, then straightaway click on the button.
- Travel with the on-screen directions to finish the uninstallation.
- After uninstalling the HP EliteBook touchpad driver, download and install it again from the HP website.
Solution 4: Ensure the Touchpad is Not Disabled in BIOS
If the HP EliteBook laptop mouse is not working, then you may have disabled it in BIOS. Therefore, enable it. To do so, you need to boot the computer, and when the boot screen appears, press F2, F8, or Del key.
Solution 5: Update the HP Elitebook Touchpad Driver (Recommended)
The ultimate solution to almost all the computer problems is a driver update. The reason is that most of the device issues are caused by faulty or outdated drivers. Therefore, to solve this problem, you need to update the touchpad driver. It can be done in a plethora of ways but we strongly recommend automatic driver update through bit Driver Updater. This tool updates the drivers in the twinkling of an eye with just a click. Moreover, it also makes the performance of your device as smooth as that of a brand spanking new model. Another advantage of using bit Driver Updater is that it installs WHQL certified drivers, allows you to backup and restore the drivers, and if you want, then add them to the exclusion list.
Now, let’s see the quick instructions that need to be implemented for updating drivers with this software.
- Install Bit Driver Updater from the link shared below.
- Let the automatic laptop scan finish ( It will take only a minute).
- After it is finished, locate the touchpad driver and click “Update Now.” To update all drivers safely in a go, select “Update All.”
Now that you know how to use bit Driver Updater and its benefits, click the below link to get this software and give your laptop a new life free from errors.
HP Elitebook Touchpad Not Working: Solved
We solved the HP EliteBook touchpad not working issue with the solutions given in this article. If you face any problem while implementing the fixes, have any questions, or suggestions, then contact us without any hesitation. You can connect with us through the comment box provided below or via social networking platforms. We are returning soon with more such fixes. Till then, be in touch with our blog.