This article shares simple and quick ways to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner and update it.
HP is a well-known name for making some of the best printing and scanning devices. HP LaserJet M1005 is one of them. However, like every other printer and scanner machines, it also needs compatible drivers to give you the ultimate performance that you expect from it. Hence, through this write-up, we shall discuss the easiest ways to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver and install it.
And since when the drivers become outdated or corrupt, they hamper the scanning experience, we will also discuss how to update the HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver. Let’s now begin with this first part of this article.
Part I: How to Download HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Scanner Driver and Install it
Below are the methods that you are searching for to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver and install it.
Method 1: Download HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver from HP website
The official website of HP contains drivers for all its products, including the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner. Below is how to download and install the drivers from the HP website.
- Visit the official website of HP.
- Click on “Support” and select “Software & drivers” from the menu that appears.
- Click on “Printer” when HP asks you to identify the product for which you want to download the driver.
- In the search box that you see on the screen, type “HP LaserJet M1005 MFP” and click on “Submit.”
- HP automatically detects your operating system. If you think that the detected operating system is incorrect, then select “Choose a different OS.”
- Click on the “Download” button to download the needed driver file.
- After the download is completed, click on the driver file and follow directions coming up on the screen to install the HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver.
Method 2: Install the HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver through Device Manager
If you want to download and install the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver for free, then you can also use Device Manager. It is a built-in Windows software that provides the solution for all issues related to drivers. Below are the step-by-step directions to use it for downloading and installing the driver.
- Make use of the keyboard shortcut “Windows + R” to access the Run box.
- After the Run dialog box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and click the “OK” option.
- When you get the Device Manager on your computer screen, click on the “Printers” or “Print queues” category.
- Right-click on HP LaserJet M1005 and select “Update driver.”
- Now, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Lastly, wait patiently for an hour or two till Windows becomes successful in finding, downloading, and installing the latest HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver update. After the process finishes, restart the PC.
In the above segment, we have elucidated the methods to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver and install it. Now, we will learn about updating the same.
Part II: How to Update HP LaserJet M1005 Scanner Driver
You can update the driver for the HP LaserJet M1005 scanner in two ways. The first is a manual method, and the second one is a simple and quick automatic way. We are going to discuss both of these methods below.
Method 1: Update HP LaserJet M1005 Driver Manually
Manual driver update is not what we recommend as it requires a lot of effort, time, energy, and a fair amount of technical knowledge. However, if you want to update the driver manually, then follow the steps shared below.
- Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows + I” to open the Settings menu.
- Once the Settings screen comes up, click on “Update & Security.”
- After you see the Update & Security screen, click on the “Windows Update” option present on the left side of the screen.
- When the Windows Update settings screen appears, click on “Check for updates.”
- Download the update that Windows finds for your operating system. However, you must have patience as downloading and installing the Windows update takes a few couples of hours.
Method 2: Update HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver automatically (Recommended)
If you do not have much time, want a quick, and safe way to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver and update it, then use Bit Driver Updater. This software downloads, installs and updates the driver automatically in one click. Apart from this, it also elevates the computer performance and takes it to a superbly high level. Moreover, it is also among the most trusted driver updaters as it installs only WHQL authenticated driver versions.
Furthermore, downloading, installing, and updating drivers with this software is a piece of cake. An implementation of the steps shared below is all that is needed for doing it.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and install the same from here.
- Let the program scan your computer automatically or perform the scan in a manual way by choosing the Scan option.
- After two to three seconds, you will get the scan results. Click on the “Update Now” button placed alongside the HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver.
If you want to update all the drivers in one click, create driver backups and restore them effortlessly, accelerate the driver download speed, and exclude some drivers from scan and update, then select “Update All.”
Above was how to download HP LaserJet M1005 scanner driver, install, and update it in the simplest way using Bit Driver Updater. You can use the below link to get this software.
Download HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Scanner Driver: Final Words
This article shared the best methods to download the HP LaserJet M1005 MFP scanner driver, install, and update it. If you liked this post cum guide, then subscribe to our blog for more posts like this. We regularly come up with tech guides, solutions, and other updates. Hence, you can also allow us to send the post notifications.