Make the most of your printer with the correct, compatible, and updated HP LaserJet P1006 driver. Read on to learn the best ways to download and install it.
HP LaserJet P1006 is a printer well-known for producing crisp and clear image prints. However, if you do not have the HP LaserJet P1006 driver downloaded, it may not live up to your expectations.
An appropriate and updated HP LaserJet P1006 printer driver connects your computer to the printer. The driver makes the PC understand your commands for their perfect execution.
If there is no driver available, you may face all sorts of problems, like the printer not working.
Therefore, this article talks about ways to download the printer driver for the HP LaserJet P1006 printer, install, and update it.
Methods to download, install and update HP LaserJet P1006 driver
You can get the updated driver downloaded and installed for the HP LaserJet P1006 printer in any of the following ways.
Method 1: Download the HP LaserJet P1006 driver via HP’s website
You can get the updated driver for your HP LaserJet P1006 printer downloaded and installed through HP’s official website.
However, you must know the OS you are using to download the correct driver. To get the information about your operating system, follow the path Settings>System>About.
After you have the needed details, proceed with the below steps to download the driver and install it.
- Head to HP’s official website.
- Hover over the Support option and choose Software & drivers from the options that become available.
- Choose Printer from the product categories displayed on your screen.
- Enter your product name, i.e., HP LaserJet P1006, and hit Enter/click on Submit.
- Choose the correct operating system if HP has not detected it correctly.
- Make a click on the download link to begin downloading the driver setup file.
- Click double times on the driver setup file to complete the installation of the HP LaserJet P1006 driver for Windows 10/8/7.
Method 2: Get the HP printer driver via Device Manager
Windows Device Manager allows you to get all the required drivers downloaded, installed, and updated.
Below is how you can use Device Manager to download the HP LaserJet P1006 driver for free, install, and update it.
- Applying the Windows+X keyboard shortcut, gain access to the Quick Access menu.
- Choose Device Manager from the available list of options.
- Select Printers/print queues from the device categories available to you.
- Right-click on your HP LaserJet P1006 printer and pick Update driver from the on-screen list of options.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After Windows downloads and installs the available HP LaserJet P1006 printer driver update, restart your computer.
Method 3: Update your OS to download the HP driver
Updating the operating system downloads the missing drivers on your computer, along with fixing various problems.
However, this method to download the updated driver for the HP LaserJet P1006 printer has the drawback that it is time-consuming.
If you wish, you can follow these steps to get the required driver updates this way.
- Employ the shortcut command to open Settings, i.e., Windows+I.
- Select Update & Security from the options displayed on your screen.
- Check for updates.
- Download the latest update for your operating system and install it.
- After the successful execution of the above steps, restart your computer.
Method 4: Get the HP LaserJet P1006 driver automatically (Recommended)
The manual methods shared above are somewhat lengthy, time-consuming, need a lot of patience, and technical knowledge.
Therefore, we recommend an automatic way to download the HP LaserJet P1006 driver for free on Windows 10.
You can download the required driver automatically using software, like Bit Driver Updater.
Just a few clicks are enough to download and install the driver updates via Bit Driver Updater.
Moreover, the software also provides many benefits, such as driver backup and restore, increasing the driver download speed, etc. You can read the complete information about Bit Driver Updater in our other article.
Below are the steps to download the HP LaserJet P1006 printer driver update for free using Bit Driver Updater.
- Perform a click on the download button shared below to download Bit Driver Updater’s installation file.
- Make double clicks on the downloaded installation file and complete the installation of Bit Driver Updater.
- Take a break of a few seconds till the software performs a thorough scan on your computer.
- Update All drivers to their latest version automatically.
If you wish to download the HP LaserJet P1006 driver alone, locate it in scan results and click on Update Now.
However, we always advise updating all the drivers for supreme computer performance.
This article acquainted you with multiple methods to download, install, and update the driver for the HP LaserJet P1006 printer driver. You can adopt any of these approaches depending on your convenience.
However, to help you save your time and energy, we always advise updating drivers automatically using Bit Driver Updater.
For more helpful posts related to all tech things, keep reading our Innovana blog.