Do you want to get an error-free performance from your HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers and connected devices? If yes, then use this guide to download, install, and update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers.
HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 is one powerful expansion solution to connect all the peripherals that you want with convenience. Moreover, it boasts world-class specifications, such as support for two 4K displays, massive power, availability of an audio conferencing module, wired network access, and more. However, despite being such a power-packed offering from none other than, HP it needs a helping hand in the form of a driver. A driver is a software that helps it to communicate with the computer. Without the compatible driver, the peripheral devices do not get properly connected to the PC, and the user experiences various sorts of problems, such as system crashes. Therefore, this article discusses how to download HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers if you do not have one.
Moreover, if you download the driver and forget that it even exists on your computer, then also you are bound to face problems like Blue Screen of Death, printing errors, gaming glitches, unexpected PC shutdowns, and more. Therefore, in addition to downloading the driver, this article also enlightens you about how to update the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers.
Recommendations To Update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Drivers
Updating drivers for HP Thunderbolt Dock and other PC devices has now become quite easy. You only have to download Bit Driver Updater on your PC and use it to get the latest driver updates. Hence, we highly recommend the software to update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Drivers. You can get it from here.
Now, without any further ado, let’s begin with downloading, installing, and updating the driver for HP Thunderbolt Dock G2.
How to Download, Install, and Update the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Drivers
We believe that downloading, installing, and updating the drivers should not make you have a devil of a job. Therefore, here we are going to discuss the easiest ways to download, install, and update the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers. We have divided the methods into two sections so that you can understand them with ease. Let’s start with the first section.
Part I: Install & Download HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Drivers
Below are the methods that you need to implement for downloading and installing the drivers for your docking station.
Method 1: Download the Driver from the Official Website
You can download the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers and install the same via the official HP website. Follow these directions to do it.
- Visit the official HP website from here.
- Click on “Support” and select “Software & drivers” from the menu that descends.
- In the search box that appears, input “HP Thunderbolt Dock G2” and select it from the list of results.
- Now, select your operating system version and click on “Docks-Firmware and Driver.”
- Click on the checkbox to download the required drivers.
- Click on the “Download selected files” button to download the driver setup file.
- After downloading the setup, click on it and go along with the on-screen instructions to install the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers.
- Restart the computer after the installation completes.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Download and Install the Driver
You can download the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers and install the same using a built-in Windows tool known as Device Manager. Follow these directions for doing it.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and R keys at once to launch the Run box.
- After the Run box launches, input “devmgmt.msc” in the blank space and click on “OK.”
- After the Device Manager opens, click on the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” category to make its contents visible.
- Right-click on the docking station, and choose “Update driver” from the options available on your screen.
- On the next screen, you are asked how do you want to search for the required drivers. Select the option to “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- After Windows finishes downloading and installing the required drivers, restart the computer.
Part II: Update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers
We share the methods to update the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers below. One is a not so popular manual method and the other is the most recommended automatic way.
Method 1: Update Windows
Updating Windows gets you the updated version of required drivers. But, it is not a recommended and reliable method to update drivers because it requires a lot of time, effort, patience, and energy. Moreover, the success of this method cannot be guaranteed. It may not always be successful. However, if you want to give it a shot, then follow the steps given below.
- Use the Windows + I key shortcut to launch the Settings.
- After the Settings window becomes active, click on “Update & Security.”
- After the Update & Security window appears, go to “Windows Update.”
- Wait for Windows Update to appear. After it appears, click on “Check for updates.”
- Download the available Windows update.
- After the update gets downloaded (it takes several hours) restart the computer.
Method 2: Update the Driver Automatically via Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Here comes the method that not only us but all the tech experts recommend for updating the driver. You can update the drivers automatically in no time using Bit Driver Updater. It is the best software to update drivers as it makes the computer fast and provides several other benefits that we are going to discuss later in this article. First, let’s have a look at the way to use it.
How to update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers with Bit Driver Updater?
- Below are the quick steps that you need to take for updating drivers with this software.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and install it from the given link.
- Let the automatic scan complete (it requires a few seconds to finish).
Click on the “Update Now” button visible next to the problematic driver for updating it. You can also update all the drivers in a single mouse click by clicking on “Update All.” Choosing to update all the drivers in one click also gives you improved computer performance and a lot of advanced features such as driver backup and restore.
After looking at the process to update drivers with Bit Driver Updater, let’s take a look at what all this software has to offer to delight the users.
Incredible features of Bit Driver Updater
- You can create driver backups and restore the same.
- It allows you to schedule the scan.
- With Bit Driver Updater, it is possible to increase the driver download speed.
- It boasts a gigantic database of drivers.
- Bit Driver Updater reduces the startup time, fixes various errors, and improves the overall computer performance.
- This software supports multiple languages and all the latest versions of Windows.
Above was only a quick snapshot of the features and benefits of Bit Driver Updater. You will get to know the complete picture after using this software. Therefore, click on the download link given below to get it.
Download & update HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers: Final words
Through this article, we learned the methods to download the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 drivers and install the same. Along with this, we also discussed how to update its drivers as updating the driver is also crucial for an error-free performance of the peripherals. In our opinion, the best way to download, install, and update the drivers is via Bit Driver Updater. Along with performing automatic driver updates, this software gives a new height to the performance of the computer. If you have found our post of any help to you, then spread the word about the Innovana blog and keep reading it.