This article is the guide that you need for how to connect the HP printer to WiFi.
In the yesteryears, whenever we talked about printers, our mind used to imagine a machine connected to the computer via a lot of wires. Well, that was the thing of the past. Now, we have wireless printers that support easy WiFi connectivity. And HP is among the pioneers in the industry of wireless printers. The HP printers robust machines that allow you to print from anywhere and on any device. But, for a new user, it is a bit confusing to connect the HP printer to WiFi. Since you have landed on this article, presume that you were also confused and searching for how to connect the HP printer to WiFi.
Now that you have found this article, all your doubts will get cleared. Here, we share the step-by-step methods (with pictures) to setup WiFi on the HP printer. Without any further ado, let’s now learn how to connect an HP printer to a computer using WiFi.
How to Connect the HP printer to WiFi
Below is how to connect the HP printer to WiFi in the easiest possible ways.
Method 1: Use the Wireless Setup Wizard
If you are searching for how to connect an HP printer to WiFi if the printer has a touchscreen display, then you can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printing machine. Here are the steps to do the same.
- Power on the printer.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and select the “wireless icon” or “Network” option.
- Go to the “Wireless Settings” and then choose “Wireless Setup Wizard.”
- Locate your network and input the WEP or WPA key, i.e., password, and then select “OK.”
Note: In case your network is not already listed, you need to add it manually. For adding the network, you must know your network credentials, i.e., name and password. You can find the same either on the label present on your wireless router or in the documentation that you received with the router.
Know More: HP Printer Not Printing [SOLVED]
Method 2: Use HP Auto Wireless Connect
If you do not know and cannot find out the network credentials, then you can make use of HP Auto Wireless Connect to establish the WiFi connection automatically. Below is how to connect an HP printer to the computer using HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Go to the HP website.
- Click on the “Support” option and select “Software & drivers” from the drop-down list.
- Select “Printer” when the next screen comes up.
- Enter the name of your printer model in the designated box and click on “Submit.” You can find the printer name on the machine itself.
- Click on “Download” to download the installation software for your printer.
- Be guided by the on-screen directions to install the printer installation software.
- After the installation is done, turn on the printer.
- Run the installation software that you have installed in the previous steps.
- Select “Wireless” as your network connection type and click on “Next.”
- Now, choose “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended).”
- After the printer connects to the computer, click on “Finish.”
Method 3: Connect the Printer using the WPS Push Button
If WPS, i.e., Wi-Fi Protected Setup is supported on both your router and printer, then you can use it to connect the printer. Here is how to connect the HP printer to WiFi using the WPS push button.
- Locate the WPS push button on your printer and press it. In the case of touchscreen printers, go to the control panel and initiate the push button mode. Tap on “Wireless” and then choose “Wi-Fi Protected Setup.” Follow the on-screen directions to finish the setup. After the process completes, choose the “WPS button.” After that, press the WPS push button on the router when you are asked to do so.
- Within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on your printer, press the WPS button on your router.
- If prompted, then get the required pin from Wi-Fi Protected Setup and enter it.
Method 4: Use Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct
You can print from your HP printer using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct. The major difference between these two features is that with Wi-Fi Direct you can stay connected to the internet, whereas, HP Wireless Direct does not support internet connection. Below is how to connect the HP printer to the computer using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Go to your printer’s control panel.
- Tap on the HP wireless direct icon or go to the Network Setup/Wireless Settings option, and choose “Wireless Direct.”
- Set the connection to on and connect to it as you connect to all the other networks.
- Enter the required password.
- Open any document on your computer and choose “File.” And click on “Print.”
- To print on mobile devices, simply, tap on the “Print” option.
How to connect HP printer to WiFi: Final words
Through this article, we addressed one of the most frequent user queries, i.e., “How to connect my HP printer to WiFi?” Hopefully, you can now print from any device and any location effortlessly. But, before leaving, we suggest that you should also update your printer driver for a glitch-free printing experience. You can do so automatically using Bit Driver Updater. This software not only updates the drivers but also makes the computer’s performance fast and smooth. Now, it is time for us to bid goodbye. We will see you with another tech guide soon.