Do you want to play some high-quality video games on your Windows 10 PC? If yes, then you require to update the default graphics card of your system and have to install a new one. You can surely get a new graphics card on any of your local hardware store or any online shopping store. The main problem arises when you have to install a new graphics card on your Windows 10 PC.
Everyone is not a tech-savvy person. Hence, it can be a tough task for some people to install a new GPU. But, do not worry about any of such situations. We’ll always be there to help you whenever you encounter any such problems. Today we are going to discuss the procedure through which you can install a new graphics card on your Windows 10 PC. An updated and latest graphics card or GPU is not only helpful in playing video games, but it also helps you to process tasks that require high-end graphics, including video editing work. If you are a video editor or if you want to watch a high-resolution video on your computer, then also you require a powerful graphic card. So, without wasting any further time, let’s have a look at the process of installing a new GPU card.
A Recommendation Before Proceeding
However, if you have already installed a new GPU card and still facing graphical issues, then you can directly check the ITL Driver Updater part of the guide. ITL Driver Updater is a highly recommended driver updater utility that can fix issues of any driver including, the graphics driver also. You can download it from the download tab provided below.
Process to Install a New Graphics Card
Here we have mentioned the process through which you can install a new graphics card. You can follow this step by step guide to install a new video card in your Windows 10 PC.
1. Replace the old Graphics Card with the New One.
First of all, you have to replace the old graphic card with the new one in your CPU. You can do it with the help of a screwdriver. Here are the steps you are required to follow.
- First of all, power off your PC.
- Then remove the side panel by removing the two screws with the help of a screwdriver.
- Now, extract the screw that holds the old GPU and pull it out carefully.
- After that, place the new GPU.
- Once it gets placed properly, wind up everything that you have opened and then place the side panel again.
2. Install Updated Graphics Drivers
Now, as you have installed the new graphics card on your CPU, you require updated drivers to make it function properly. There are multiple methods to update your device drivers. We have mentioned some of the most preferred methods below.
Method 1: Update Graphics Drivers through Device Manager.
With this method, we can update the new graphics card drivers of your Windows 10 PC through the Device Manager. Let’s have a look at the steps that we need to follow.
- At first, go to the search bar on the desktop and search for Device Manager.
- Click on the search result that appears at the top.
- Now, look for Display Adapters in the list of driver categories.
- Click on it to expand the list of already installed graphics drivers.
- After expanding the list, select the driver as per your Graphic card.
- Now, double click on it.
- Select the Update Driver option from the driver properties.
- After clicking on Update Driver, it will ask you the way you want to update your graphics drivers. Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Windows will seek the best drivers for you, and will install them, if any available.
Method 2: Update Graphics Drivers from the Manufacturer’s Website.
You can also download and install graphics drivers directly from the website of official manufacturers of the graphics card. For example, you can visit the official website of NVIDIA to download their latest graphics drivers.
Method 3: Update Graphics Drivers through Windows Update.
Here comes the primarily used method to update device drivers. You can use Windows Update to update your outdated graphics drivers as well. This will help you to properly install a new graphics card. Here are the steps to do so.
- Select the Windows Start icon.
- Now click on the Settings.
- After that, go for Updates and Security and then Windows update.
- In Windows Update, you have to check if there are any driver updates available or not. For that, you have to click on Check for updates.
- It will provide you with the available updates and automatically start installing them.
Method 4: Update Graphics Drivers through ITL Driver Updater.
According to us, you must try updating your outdated drivers with ITL Driver Updater. You can even use it as a solution for all the driver-related issues. Hence we, highly recommend this software. You’ll be able to update your graphics drivers quite efficiently and effectively by using this best driver updater utility. It allows you to update your driver without any cost. Although, if you praise something that provides advanced features, then you must try the paid version of ITL Driver Updater. The paid version of the tool provides many advanced features, including the creation and restoration of existing driver backups. It is also quite easy to update drivers by using ITL Driver Updater. You just have to follow some simple steps. Before that, you have to download and install the ITL driver updater. You can download the software from download button:
After downloading, install the tool just like any other software. Once it gets installed, here are the steps that you need to follow to update your graphics drivers and install a new graphics card.
- At first, launch the ITL Driver Updater application.
- Then, it automatically starts scanning the existing device drivers.
- The scan gets completed in a few seconds. Now you’ll be having a list of outdated device drivers.
- Look for the graphics driver in that list.
- At last, just click on the Update option available in front of the graphics driver.
That’s all you are required to do if you have ITL Driver Updater installed in your Windows 10 PC.
So, these are some of the steps that you need to follow to install a new graphics card. Along with a new graphics card, it is also equally important to have updated drivers. The drivers can be updated through multiple methods. But, when it comes to the best method of updating device drivers, there is still no competition for ITL Driver Updater.
For more information related to various drivers and their installation, subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark the page as well.
ITL Driver Updater is one of those tools. It is one of the best driver updater available in the market. You can update all your drivers with just a few clicks. The driver updater tool updates your drivers for free. However, if you want some advanced features such as restore and back, then you can opt for its paid version. Here are some steps to update your device drivers through ITL Driver Updater.