Through this write-up, we learn about the sure-shot fixes to resolve the issue if Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not running on Windows 10.
You may already know how crucial Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) is if you use SATA disks. This service from Intel helps in better storage management and keeps the power consumption low. Therefore, if the Intel RST service is not running on your computer, then this can certainly be an annoying thing.
Many users complain that Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not running on their PC. If you are also one of them, then now there is no need to worry as you’ve landed at the right place. Through this write-up, we discuss the easiest ways to fix the issues if Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10.
Without taking much of your time, let’s straight away move to the fixes that you can try if Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not running or its driver failed to install on Windows 10.
Strongly recommended fix for Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10
If the Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10, then updating drivers may solve the problem. You can update the drivers automatically using Bit Driver Updater. This software needs only a single click to get the updated version of all the outdated drivers. Moreover, it also boasts several outstanding features, such as driver download speed acceleration, driver backup and restore, and more. You can click on the download button given below to get Bit Driver Updater.
Fixes for Intel RST service is not running- 100 % working
Here’re the solutions that you need to fix the problems if you get the “Intel RST service is not running” error on Windows 10. Try these fixes one-by-one till you find the solution that works in your case. One of them will surely resolve the issue.
Fix 1: Check whether RST service is running or not
If the Intel RST service is not running on your PC, then the reason can be its non-running state. Therefore, the first thing that you need to do is go to Task Manager and check whether Intel Rapid Storage Technology is running or not. Below are the steps to do it.
- In the Windows search bar, type “Task Manager” and select the first result that comes up.
- Once the Task Manager appears, click on the “Services” tab.
- Locate “Intel Rapid Storage Technology”.
- If its status is stopped, then click on it and choose “Start”.
- Save the changes that you have made and close Task Manager.
Fix 2: Change the startup type to automatic
If the above fix fails to resolve the issue and Intel Rapid Storage Technology is still not running, then here’s another solution. There are four startup types for Intel RST service on Windows 10, namely automatic(delayed start), automatic, manual, and disabled. You need to change the startup to automatic so that the service automatically starts running when you turn on the PC. Follow the below steps to do it.
- Hit Windows and R keys together to launch the Run box.
- After the Run box comes up, type “services.msc” and click on OK.
- Once the services window appears, find “Intel Rapid Storage Technology”.
- Double click on it and select “Properties” from the on-screen menu.
- On the next screen, set “Automatic” as a startup type.
- Choose “Apply” and click on “OK” so that the changes can take effect.
- Lastly, restart the PC.
Fix 3: Reinstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers
Faulty or missing drivers are one of the major reasons for which Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10. Therefore, reinstalling RST drivers can resolve the issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow for doing it.
- In the search bar present next to the Start icon, type “Device Manager” and open the first result that you get.
- Locate and expand the “Disk drives” segment.
- Right-click the drive that uses Intel Rapid Storage Technology and choose “Uninstall device”.
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete.
- Once uninstallation completes, go to Intel Download Centre.
- In the search box that you see, type “Intel Rapid”.
- From the search results, select “Intel Rapid Storage Technology”.
- Next, choose your operating system.
- Now, click on “Intel Rapid Storage Technology User Interface & drivers”.
- To begin the download, click on “SetupRST.exe”.
- After the download finishes, double click on the .exe file to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers on Windows 10.
Fix 4: Use Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Are the above solutions tough to implement or did not work for you? If yes, then here we’ve got the ultimate fix for you. Simply get Bit Driver Updater and put all your worries to rest. This incredible utility automatically finds and installs the most compatible drivers without you having to make any cumbersome efforts. Moreover, it also takes the performance of your PC to whole new heights. We’ll be talking more about the benefits of using Bit Driver Updater a little later. First, let’s understand how to use this tool for updating drivers and fixing the issues if Intel RST service is not running.
How to use Bit Driver Updater
Bit Driver Updater is programmed in a manner that makes it easy for both expert and novice users to update drivers in no time. Implementation of a short series of steps is the only thing that you need to do. Here we share it.
- Download and install Bit Driver Updater on your PC.
- Launch the utility.
- After the Bit Driver Updater window comes up, choose “Scan” from the left pane.
- Wait till the scan finishes (it only takes a few seconds to complete).
- After you get the scan results, click on “Update All” to update all the drivers in one go. In case you just want to update a specific driver, then click on “Update Now”.
After completing the above steps you will no longer face the problem of Intel Rapid Storage Technology not running on Windows 10. Now, a question that comes up is why are we recommending only Bit Driver Updater and not any other utility. Well, we have several good reasons for doing so. We share the same in the below segment.
Why use Bit Driver Updater?
Bit Driver Updater is among the best driver updaters available in the town. Below are its striking features and the reason for which we recommend Bit Driver Updater.
- It downloads only WHQL authenticated drivers.
- Before making any changes to your PC, it creates a backup of all the existing drivers and lets you restore them easily whenever required.
- This driver update utility has an enormous driver database.
- Bit Driver Updater is available in multiple languages.
- With this driver updater, you can schedule the driver scans as per your liking.
- This driver updater lets you ignore the drivers that you don’t want to scan and update.
- It makes your PC up to 50% faster.
We believe that the above reasons are enough to convince you about why Bit Driver Updater is the perfect solution for all your problems including Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10. Thus, get this utility and put all your worries to rest.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs): Intel RST service is not running [Fixed]
To get more information on the topic, check out these most commonly asked questions:
Q.1 Why is the Intel RST service not running?
Some complications may arise due to which the Intel RST services may stop working on your PC. Some of these can be due to a complication in the install folder, the startup settings have changed, the service has corrupted, the service is outdated, or any other reason. If you face such problems, take the help of the above-explained methods to cure them.
Q.2 What is the Intel RST service used for?
As the name suggests, the Intel RAPID Storage Technology (RST) is a program that helps in ensuring better and stable working of SATA disks on your device. The program improves the working of the disk without increasing the power consumption.
Q.3 How do I know if Intel RST is running?
It is very easy to know the status of Intel RST. Just have a look at and follow the steps mentioned in the first method in the above write-up.
Intel RST service is not running- Resolved
In this write-up, we learned about the fixes that you can try if the Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10. Do let us know whether you find this post helpful or not in the comment box below. And, for more such tech fixes, stay tuned with us.