Are display problems troubling you despite having the powerful Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card? If yes, then read on to know the best ways to download, install, reinstall, and update the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 card quickly and easily.
If you are facing monitor resolution problems in spite of having an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, then you need to pay attention to the drivers. No matter how power-packed the video card is, it requires a compatible and updated driver to communicate with the computer and run all your high-end games without any glitch. Therefore, through this article, we shall enlighten you on the quick and easy methods to download the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver.
Without further ado, let’s begin to download, install, reinstall and update the driver for your Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card. First, we shall be downloading, installing, and reinstalling the driver, then we will learn about updating it.
Part I: Methods to Download Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Driver, Install, and Reinstall it
Below are the ways to download the driver for Nvidia GeForce 960 display card, install, and reinstall the same.
Method 1: Download the driver from the Nvidia website
The official website of Nvidia is a place where you can download the drivers for all the graphic cards manufactured by the company, including GeForce GTX 960. All that you need to have is computer proficiency and skill to find and identify the correct drivers. Below are the directions for doing it.
- Go to the official website of Nvidia from here.
- Click on the “DRIVERS” option.
- Select “GEFORCE DRIVERS” from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating System, Language, and Download Type.
Tip: Select Game Ready Driver as the Download Type if you are a passionate gamer who wants to play his/her favorite game as soon as the driver gets downloaded and installed.
- Click on the “START SEARCH” button.
- Scroll down to the results and click on the “GET DOWNLOAD” button present alongside the required driver.
- Click on the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button to download the driver setup file.
- After the driver file gets downloaded, click on it and follow the on-screen directions to install the driver.
Method 2: Install the Driver through Device Manager
You can make use of Device Manager to download and install the driver for Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card on your PC. Here are the steps that you need to implement for doing it.
- Evoke the Run box using the Windows+R keyboard shortcut.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and click OK to launch the Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager opens, click on the “Display adapters” section to expand it.
- Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and select “Update driver” from the popup menu.
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Wait for a few couples of hours till Windows searches for, downloads, and installs appropriate drivers on your computer.
- After the drivers are downloaded and installed, restart your computer.
Method 3: Reinstall the Driver with Device Manager
If the currently installed Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver is creating issues on your computer, then you can use Device Manager to uninstall the same. And then redownload and reinstall it. Below we share the directions to do it.
- Activate Device Manager by following the process described in the above method.
- Click on the “Display adapters” to expand them.
- Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and select “Uninstall device.”
- Tickmark the “Delete the driver software for this device” option and click on OK.
- After the uninstallation is complete, restart the PC so that Windows can download and install the updated version of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver.
Part II: Methods to Update the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver
You can download the updated Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver in two ways. We discuss both of them below.
Method 1: Perform an operating system update
Updating Windows is among one of the ways that you can adopt to download, install and update the drivers for all the peripherals existing on your computer, including Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Follow the below directions to do it.
- Open the Run box.
- After the Run box opens, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate.”
- Once you get the Windows Update settings, click on the “Check for updates” button.
- Click on the “Download” button to start the download process for the available Windows update.
- After the download is complete, restart the computer.
Method 2: Update the Driver with an Automatic Updater (Recommended)
Downloading, installing, and updating the driver with the manual methods shared above requires a lot of time and effort. Therefore, using an automatic driver update software is a more convenient option to update the drivers for all the PC components, including the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver. You can use Bit Driver Updater, i.e., one of the top driver update programs that comes packaged with a lot of features such as driver backup and restore, driver download speed acceleration, restore point creation, and much more.
The best thing about Bit Driver Updater is that it is a WHQL certified software that downloads only authentic drivers. And it updates all the drivers automatically with just a click. Below is how to use it.
- Click on the below button to download Bit Driver Updater.
- Go along with the on-screen instructions to install the software (its installation takes only a few seconds).
- After Bit Driver Updater gets installed, let it scan your computer for the drivers needing to be updated.
- After the scan is complete, go to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver and click on the “Update Now” button.
If you want to update all the out-of-date drivers in one shot, then choose the “Update All” option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions related to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 driver, that can help you in answering all your queries:
Q.1 What is GeForce GTX?
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX (Giga Texel Shader eXtreme) is a series of graphic processing units from NVIDIA under the GeForce series. The STX is one of the best and finest series of GPUs that allows you to play and run high-end games and applications on your Windows PC.
Q.2 How do I download GTX 960 drivers?
You can download the latest version of the GTX 960 drivers with the help of the steps and methods listed in this article. You can either visit the official website of NVIDIA or follow other methods to download the driver.
Q.3 How do I update my GTX 960 driver?
You can easily update the GTX 960 driver with the help of the methods listed in the article above. You can take the help of any of these steps to download and update your GTX 960 driver. We recommend that you get the Bit Driver Updater as it provides real-time updates to different drivers without having to find one manually.
Q.4 Is the GTX 960 still supported?
Yes, the GTX 960 is still supported. Although the series is slowly going out of the run, it is still there.
Q.5 How good is GeForce GTX 960?
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 is a very good and effective graphic processing unit. You can run and play different games with the help of the graphic card on your computer easily and enjoy!
Q.6 What can GTX 960 run?
The GTX 960 graphic card can run medium to high-end games with 40fps framework resolutions. Popular games like Grand Theft Auto (GTA) V, Watch Dogs 2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), Fortnite, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Counter-Strike Condition Zero, Tekken 7, League Legends, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Titans, Overwatch, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, and many other games can be played with the help of this graphic card.
Download & update Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver: Done successfully
Through this article, we shared our knowledge about how to download Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver, install, reinstall, and update it in the best way. We hope that you found this piece of information useful. In case you know anything more about the topic, then feel free to familiarize us with the same through comments.