Are you facing issues when trying to connect the PS4 controller to your PC, laptop, or even to the console? Here you are going to get the required solutions. Read to know how to fix the PlayStation 4 controller connection & syncing issues.
Despite the release of PS5, a lot of gamers still love to play games on the with the predecessor of the console, i.e., PS4. However, sometimes they face hardship while connecting the PS4 controller to the PC or even to the console. Do not worry if you have also experienced or experiencing it. You can fix it with various tweaks. Today we are here with the fixes to try if you are unable to connect the PS4 controller to your PC, laptop, or PS4 & PS3 consoles.
Unable To Connect PS4 Controller: Try These Fixes
Below are some of the fixes to try if you are facing issues while connecting your PS4 controller to your PC, laptop, or even the console itself.
Method 1: Charge The PS4 DualShock Controller
It might be possible that the controller of your PS4 has got discharged. And hence, you are unable to connect it with your PC or console. To make sure this is not the issue or fix it, charge the controller. After that, try to connect the PS4 DualShock controller to your PS4 console or your PC. It is just a basic check. Hence, do not worry if this does not work. Try the other fixes listed here to sync the PS4 controller to the PS4, PS3, or your PC.
Method 2: Connect PS4 Controller With USB
Due to some network issues, the PS4 controller may fail to connect to the console or your PC wirelessly. Hence, we suggest you use the USB cable for the task. Once the controller gets connected to your PS4 or PS3, use it to reset the console. It helps in resolving the network issues that cause troubles while you try to pair or sync the PS4 controller to the PS4 or PS3 without cable.
If you are facing network issues on your PC, then you have to update the network drivers. Mostly, it’s the corrupt or outdated drivers that cause such troubles and make you unable to connect the PS4 controller without a USB cable to your PC. To fix these issues, you have to repair & update the Windows network drivers. And the simplest way of doing so is using Bit Driver Updater. It is a great driver repairing and upgrading tool for Windows 10, 8, & 7. Here is how you can use Bit Driver Updater and update PC network drivers automatically.
- Download the setup file of the software.
- Run it and install Bit Driver Updater.
- Launch Bit Driver Updater after installing it.
- Click Scan Drivers.
- Update and fix the network drivers automatically by clicking Update Now.
After repairing the drivers, try to connect the PS4 controller using wireless means such as Bluetooth with your PC. If it doesn’t have a default wireless connection adapter, then you can use devices such as Sony DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor or Kinivo BTD-400. However, you might have to download the driver for the adapter as well. So don’t worry about it. Simply use Bit Driver Updater and get the required drivers to pair the PS4 controller to your PC.
Method 3: Reset PlayStation 4 Controller
If the PlayStation 4 controller is not working properly, then you can try resetting it. It is one of the universal fixes for several such problems, including the PlayStation 4 (PS4) controller PS button not working as well. Here is how you can reset the PS4 DualShock 4 controller and resolve the controller sync issues.
- On your PS4 remote controller, try to press the PS button to use the controller, and if it is not working, then turn off the console. (Only for the ones trying to connect the controller with PS4)
- After that, press the reset button of the PS4 DualShock 4 controller. The button is available at the back of the controller, and you require a small & unfurl paper clip to press it.
- Keep the button pressed for a couple of moments.
- Now, release it.
- Reconnect the PS4 controller with your PC or console.
- Power on the console. (Only for the ones trying to connect the controller with PS4)
- After this, check if performing a reset worked to resolve PlayStation 4 controller not syncing or connecting issue.
Method 4: Restart PlayStation 4
You may encounter issues on your PlayStation 4 while trying to connect a new PS4 controller. But do not worry. You can overcome this problem by performing a complete restart. And not this, but performing PS4 restart can also resolve issues such as PlayStation 4 controller not syncing. It even fixes some of the odd problems like PS4 controller flashing won’t connect or PS4 controller light on not working. Here is how you can restart your PS4 console.
- Press the power button available on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Keep it pressed till you get the second beep sound from the console.
- Now, remove all the power cables connected to the PS4 console & controller.
- After a few minutes, connect them back to their slots.
- Power on the console.
- Check if now the controller got connected to the PS4. The light bar turns blue after the controller gets successfully connected to the console.
If the PS4 controller is still not working and the light has not turned blue, then contact the Sony service center or support for better assistance.
Method 5: Register & Pair PS4 Controller With Your Windows PC
You cannot use the PS4 controller on Steam or any other PS4 emulator on your Windows PC if you have not registered it on your computer. You have to register and pair the wireless or wired PlayStation controller to connect it with your PC. Here are the steps that can help you to do so and resolve the PS4 remote play DualShock 4 not working problem on Windows.
- Click the Windows 10 start icon on the taskbar.
- Now, choose Settings.
- In Windows Settings, click Devices.
- Choose Bluetooth devices.
- Now, use the controller and press PS and Share buttons altogether.
- Keep them pressed till the pairing mode gets activated.
- Pair the controller in Bluetooth device settings.
Conclusion On Resolving PS4 Controller Connection Issues
So, these were the methods to successfully connect the PS4 controller to your PC or your PS4/PS3 console. You can use any of them depending on the device you want to connect the DualShock 4 controller with. You do not have to worry about the issue much. It is pretty common with all the gamers. However, we suggest contacting the Sony service center or support if the problem does not get fixed even after trying all of them.
We hope that the guide helped all the PS4 controller users to connect it with their PC or the console. If you want to read more posts to troubleshoot several other PS4 issues, then subscribe & bookmark the Innovana blog.