Outdated drivers make the glide pad slow as turtle and buggy. Hence, know the correct ways to download, install, uninstall, reinstall, and update touchpad drivers.
The mouse is a crucial component of every computer system. Since carrying it everywhere can be a little inconvenient, techies came up with touchpads, i.e., an updated mouse version for laptops. The glide pads make your work a whole lot easier as you don’t need to carry that bulky mouse with you. But, since the touchpad is a bit sensitive part, hardware issues affect its functionality easily. The best way to resolve the issues is to reinstall and update touchpad drivers.
Recommended Method to Update Touchpad Drivers
Before starting, we would like to recommend the best way to update touchpad drivers. If you have already tried reinstalling the driver, then the best thing that you can do to fix your touchpad drivers is to update them. And for that, we would like to recommend Bit Driver Updater. Here is the button clicking which you can download the installation file of this useful driver updating program.
Thus, through this write-up, we discuss how to reinstall touchpad drivers and update them. ko aap Let’s now discuss how to reinstall touchpad drivers and update them
How to Install, Download, & Update Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10
It is a duck soup to download, install, and reinstall, and update touchpad drivers if you know the best methods to do it. Thus, we share them below.
Method 1: Download Touchpad Driver via the Manufacturer’s Website
One way of downloading the touchpad driver is through the manufacturer’s website. You need to implement the below steps to do it.
- Visit the touchpad manufacturer’s website.
- Find the compatible touchpad drivers for your device’s model and operating system.
- Click on the driver file to download it.
- Unzip the driver file and double click it to install the touchpad driver on your laptop.
Method 2: Install Touchpad Driver using Device Manager
You can install the touchpad driver on Windows using Device Manager. Here is how to do it.
- Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to the open Run box.
- In the Run box, type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.
- After Device Manager appears, expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” category.
- Right-click your touchpad and choose “Update driver” to install the driver.
- Click on “Browse my computer for driver software” to continue the touchpad driver installation.
- Now, choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Select “HID compliant mouse” from the options that come up and click on “Next”.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to install the touchpad driver.
Method 3: Uninstall & Reinstall Touchpad Driver via Device Manager
One easy way to reinstall touchpad drivers is by uninstalling it. Implement the below steps to do it.
- Open “Device Manager”.
- Right-click your touchpad and select “Uninstall device” from the context menu.
- Lastly, restart the PC. Upon restarting Windows automatically reinstalls and updates the touchpad driver.
Above were the best methods to reinstall touchpad drivers. Now, let’s answer another question, i.e., how to update touchpad drivers on Windows 10.
How to Update Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2020
Below are the simple methods that you need to update touchpad drivers effortlessly in no time.
Method 1: Update Touchpad Driver via Bit Driver Updater
Installing touchpad driver via Device Manager seems an easy thing to do in the first instance. But, when you try doing it for real, you realize how complicated it is to reinstall touchpad drivers through Device Manager. In many cases, when the driver update is only recent, Windows even fails to find it. In such cases, you need another simple and automatic solution like Bit Driver Updater. This best driver updater lets you update the touchpad driver automatically in a single click. In addition to updating drivers, it also tweaks and optimizes the device’s performance.
Below is how to reinstall the touchpad driver by using the Bit Driver Updater.
- Install Bit Driver Updater and it.
- Click on the Scan option that is located in the left pane.
- Wait for the scan to complete.
- After the scan completes, click on Update Now to install touchpad driver.
4 steps and you are done. Yes, it is quite effortless to update touchpad drivers via Bit Driver Updater. Moreover, if you buy the pro version, then you also get several advanced features such as driver backup and restoration. In our view, this utility is worth every penny. It makes your device perform faster than ever. Another such utility is Quick Driver Updater. You can also try it to fix the driver problems on your system quite swiftly. Thus, get any of these wonderful tools and forget all the worries related to the computer’s performance.
Now, Easily Reinstall and Update Touchpad Drivers!
In this post, we talked about how to update touchpad drivers. If you update and reinstall touchpad drivers, then it helps you fix the touchpad not working issue. We suggest you keep all the drivers updated for a snappy and smooth computing experience. Lastly, before you leave, do let us know whether our post helped you or not. And, subscribe to our blog for more such information and updates.