Wireless is the new trend. Everything is getting wireless since last few years. From sharing data to listening to songs through earphones, everything is done wirelessly without connecting the two devices. That’s the reason why wireless keyboards are also getting popular these days. Wireless keyboards and mouses give flexibility to users to work in any comfortable position they want. One of the leading manufacturers of wireless keyboards is Dell. The wireless keyboards of Dell are quite popular. However, after purchasing them, some people have reported, a familiar problem, i.e., Dell wireless keyboard not working.
No, this is not a manufacturing issue. It was the issue with the system of those users. If you are also the one who is facing Dell wireless keyboard problems, then my friend, you have arrived at the right place. Here we are going to provide you, a step-by-step guide to solve the Dell wireless keyboard not working problem. So, without any unnecessary additions, let’s move straight to the steps to troubleshoot the Dell wireless keyboard issues.
The Ultimate way to Fix the Dell Wireless Keyboard not Working Problem
The outdated driver is the major culprit behind the Dell wireless keyboard not working problem. Therefore, the best solution for this issue is performing a driver update. You can update the drivers automatically through Bit Driver Updater and also take your computer’s performance to new heights at the same time. Below is the link to download this software
How to Resolve Dell Wireless Keyboard not Working Issues
Below is the step-by-step guide to resolve Dell wireless keyboard not working issues. You can troubleshoot a Dell wireless keyboard with the steps mentioned below.
1. Check the power source
This is the foremost thing that you have to do while using any device. You have to make sure the power source of that device is correctly connected to it or not. Here the power source of Dell wireless keyboard is its batteries. So, follow the below-mentioned steps to make sure everything is fine with the power source.
- Check if the batteries are connected or not.
- If the batteries are well connected, and still the wireless keyboard is not working, then it may be possible that the batteries are discharged. So, replace them with new and fully charged batteries.
- After replacing the batteries, turn on the power and check if the problem still prevails. If yes, then follow further steps.
2. Switch the USB Receiver of Dell Wireless Keyboard to Another Port
Once you have ensured that there are no power issues with the keyboard, you have to make sure that the USB receiver is working well. You can do it by removing the USB receiver from the existing port and then plugging it to some other USB port of your computer. You have to for a couple of minutes after removing and plugging the USB receiver again. If the Dell wireless keyboard problems still exist, then follow further instructions of this guide.
3. Ensuring the Wireless Signal
It is another usual step that you should follow, while resolving the Dell wireless keyboard not working problem. You have to make sure that there is no interruption in wireless signals of your keyboard and system. Some devices that emit wireless signals, including Bluetooth, speakers, etc. can interrupt the wireless connection of your keyboard and PC. Hence, it is advisable to remove such devices from their place if they are near to your PC or keyboard. You can directly turn them off as well.
4. Check whether the problem lies with the keyboard or your system.
After ensuring the signal, if the problem still persists, then you have to check whether the problem lies with the keyboard or your computer. Hence, you have to try your wireless keyboard with some other computer. If it still doesn’t work, then the problem lies within the keyboard and we would recommend you to seek help from the Dell support. However, if the keyboard is working with the other computer, then you have some issues with your keyboard driver. Maybe, your keyboard drivers are outdated, broken, or corrupted. We advise you to update them by following the next step.
5. Update Keyboard Drivers
Now the last thing you need to do for resolving the Dell wireless keyboard not working problem is to update your keyboard drivers. As we told in our previous write-up that you can update your keyboard drivers manually as well as automatically also. However, if you do not have an appropriate keyboard drivers installed on your computer, you can download them from the official website of the manufacturers. First of all, let’s discuss the steps to download appropriate keyboard drivers, then we’ll move on with the steps to update them.
How to download keyboard drivers?
Here are the steps through which you can download the appropriate keyboard drivers for your computer and make your Dell wireless keyboard work.
- As we have the keyboard of Dell, hence we have to download Dell’s drivers. For that, you have to visit the link:
- After visiting Dell’s official page for device drivers, you have to enter your wireless keyboard details such as product ID, model, Service Tag, etc. to find your wireless keyboard. You can do it with the help of a virtual keyboard. For that, just right click on the taskbar and select the Show touch keyboard button option.
After that, just click on the keyboard icon on the right side of your taskbar.
Now, with the help of the virtual keyboard, enter the details, that we have mentioned above to find your wireless keyboard.
Once you find it in the drop-down menu, click on it
- Now, it will show you the details regarding the wireless keyboard that you have selected. You have to select the version of the Windows operating system installed on your computer.
- After that, click on the Download button of the driver that it provides to you.
- Install the driver that you have downloaded by running the .exe file and following the instructions of the installation wizard. After installing the driver, restart your computer.
How to Update Keyboard Drivers Manually
If you want to update your keyboard driver manually, then you can do it in two popular ways.
Via Windows Update
You can use this method to update all the drivers of your PC, including the keyboard driver as well. Just follow the instructions mentioned below.
- With the help of your mouse, single click on the Windows Start icon.
- Opt for the Settings option.
- Now, you have to click on the Windows Update & Security option.
- Under Windows Update, click on the Check for updates button to search for all the driver updates. If there is an update available, your Windows operating system will download and install it for you.
- After it gets completed, restart your computer.
Via Device Manager
This method is preferable for those who only want to update the keyboard driver alone. Those people can follow the below instructions.
- As the keyboard is not working, we have to open the Device Manager with the help of the mouse. You can do it by right-clicking on the Windows Start icon.
- Now, select Device Manager from the list.
- In the Device Manager window, click on the Keyboard option to expand the list of Keyboard drivers.
- Select the Keyboard driver and right-click on it to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Update driver option.
- Now, simply select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Windows operating system will start searching for the latest version of keyboard driver software available for you. It will then install it on your computer. You just need to restart your computer after the installation.
How to Update Dell Keyboard Driver Automatically
At last, here comes the best method to update the keyboard driver or any other driver on the Windows 10 operating system. Bit Driver Updater is the most convenient method to update Windows device drivers. The utility is fast, reliable, and secure as well. You can get the latest driver updates through Bit Driver Updater in just a few moments. Along with this, it is quite a reliable and secure medium to update your drivers as it offers drivers directly from some authentic and certified sources. If you ask us how to update the keyboard driver, we’ll answer with the Bit Driver Updater. It is so simple to update drivers with this tool. Anyone can do this by following these simple instructions.
- At first, download and install Bit Driver Updater from here:
- After installing, run the driver updater utility on your Windows PC.
- Wait for a while, as the tool automatically starts detecting all the drivers that require an update.
- Look for the keyboard driver in the list, and select the Update Now option to install the updated driver.
- Restart your PC once the Bit Driver Updater completes updating the keyboard driver. That’s it.
So, here our guide to resolve Dell wireless keyboard not working issue ends. You can troubleshoot a Dell wireless keyboard-related issues by following the steps that we have provided above. You don’t even need to use your keyboard to follow these instructions. We hope that this guide provides you with the solution to Dell wireless keyboard problems.
For more such troubleshooting guides, subscribe to Innovana blogs and also bookmark the page.