This write-up brings to the fore the solutions to try if the right click doesn’t work on the touchpad on Windows 10.
The right-click comes as a savior in so many situations. You can accomplish most of the tough Windows tasks with just a right-click of the mouse. In such a case, if the right-click doesn’t work on touchpad Windows 10, then this can surely be troublesome for many users. Since you have landed on this write-up, you must also be one of them.
But, now you can rejoice as through this post, we share with you the 100% working solutions to fix right-click doesn’t work on the touchpad in Windows 10 devices.
Recommendation for Techies
If you are a techy and have tried almost everything to fix the ‘right-click doesn’t work on touchpad’ Windows 10 error, then we recommend you to try updating your touchpad drivers. We have mentioned this solution at the end of this write-up. But as you have already tested other methods, hence to save your time, we advise you to download Bit Driver Updater and update your touchpad drivers. It is the fastest way to update device drivers and fix various such errors on Windows 10 PC. Here is the download button to get Bit Driver Updater on your Windows PC.
Right Click Doesn’t Work on Touchpad Windows 10 -Solved
Below are the fixes that you can try to resolve the problem if right-click doesn’t work on touchpad Windows 10. However, before moving ahead, don’t forget plugging in a mouse.
Solution 1: Enable the touchpad
You need to enable the touchpad to resolve the issues. Below is how to do it to fix the problems if the touchpad right-click is not working on Windows 10.
- Click on the Start icon and select “Settings”.
- From the Settings window, choose “Devices”.
- Locate “Mouse & touchpad” on the left pane and click on it.
- Move to the screen’s bottom and select “Additional mouse options”.
- Once the Mouse Properties window comes, move to Device Settings/ELAN.
- Click on Settings and enable the touchpad.
Hopefully, this fixes the issues if the right click doesn’t work on the touchpad in Windows 10 devices. But, if the issue still troubles you, then try the next solution.
Also Read: Download Driver for Touchpad on Lenovo IdeaPad 320 on Windows 10, 8, 7
Solution 2: Go through the touchpad’s settings
The windows update may disable some essential touchpad settings. This might be the reason for which the right-click doesn’t work on the touchpad in Windows 10. Therefore, you need to enable them through the below steps.
- Launch the Settings and move on to Devices.
- Go to the Touchpad tab and checkmark “Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click”.
Is the right click on the touchpad in Windows 10 still not working? If yes, below are more fixes for you to try.
Solution 3: Reinstall the touchpad driver
Corrupt touchpad drivers can be the reason for which the right click doesn’t work on touchpad Windows 10. Thus, reinstalling them can help you fix the issues. Below are the steps to do it.
- In the Windows search bar, type “Device Manager” and select the topmost result.
- After Device Manager appears, expand the “Mice and other pointing devices.”
- Right-click on the touchpad and select “Properties.”
- In the Properties window, click on the Driver tab.
- Select “Uninstall” from the options that come up.
- Now, checkmark “Delete the driver software for this device” and click on “Uninstall”.
- At last, start your computer again so that Windows reinstalls the touchpad driver.
We hope that the right click is now working on Windows 10 touchpad. But, if it is not, then below is what else you can do to fix the issues.
Solution 4: Pay heed to delay settings
Windows has settings that let you adjust the time that the cursor needs to react when you place your finger on the touchpad. You can change these settings so that the cursor responds quickly when you right-click on the touchpad. Below are its steps.
- There is a search box in Windows. In that box, enter “Mouse and touchpad settings” and click on the topmost result.
- After you see the settings window, move to the Touchpad segment.
- Choose “No Delay (always on)” from the Touchpad menu.
After you are all done with the above steps, check whether the issue is resolved or still the right click doesn’t work on the touchpad in Windows 10.
Solution 5: Update Touchpad Drivers
Out of date drivers are the major culprit behind most of the issues that you face on your PC including right-click doesn’t work on the touchpad of Windows 10 device. The small effort of updating drivers can bring major changes in the way your computer performs. With a driver update, your PC can go from buggy to zippy in no time. Coming to the way of upgrading drivers, instead of tiring yourself out with a manual driver update, you should get the best driver updater to do all the work for you. One driver updater that we recommend is Bit Driver Updater. This brilliant tool not only replaces the outdated drivers with new ones but also makes your PC up to 50% faster. Excited to try it out? Simply implement the below steps to use this mind-blowing utility.
- Download and install Bit Driver Updater.
- Launch the utility and click on the “Scan” option.
- Let the software scan your PC for worn out, faulty, and missing drivers.
- After a few seconds, when the results appear, click on “Update Now” to update a specific driver such as the touchpad driver. You can also click on “Update All” to update all the drivers in one fell swoop.
It is hard to believe that updating drivers can be this simple. But, with Bit Driver Updater, it is truly a child’s play. Thus, get this tool and gift your PC a new lease of life.
Right Click Doesn’t Work on the Touchpad on Windows 10: Fixed
This write-up focused on the solutions if the right click doesn’t work on the touchpad on Windows 10. You can try them out and let us know whether they helped you or not. Till then, we bid adieu and invite you to join us in our newsletter so that all our posts reach straight to your mailbox.