Rockstar Games Launcher not working problem can stop you from playing your favorite Grand Theft Auto games on your PC. Know what to do if Rockstar Games Launcher is not responding to your commands. Read on to fix the issue.
Grand Theft Auto series is one of the most popular and likable action-adventure games of all time. The latest game of the series, i.e., GTA 5, has even won awards like the most anticipated game of all time before its release. You can play it on your PC with Rockstar Games Launcher. But what if the Rockstar Games Launcher is not working? All your excitement and fun may get spoiled. And for the gamers who are quite eager to play the game, it can be one of the most heartbreaking & frustrating moments.
Not just GTA, but you cannot play any of the other exciting games of Rockstar Games if the Rockstar Games Launcher is not responding. Hence, for all gamers and video gaming lovers, it is a must to resolve the problem. Do not panic. Today we are here to help you fix the Rockstar Launcher not loading or opening issue. So, let’s not waste more time. Below are multiple ways to get rid of the Rockstar Games Launcher not connecting problem on Windows PC.
What To Do If Rockstar Games Launcher Is Not Working
Below we have several helpful fixes to try if Rockstar Games Launcher has stopped working on your PC. We suggest you follow all the below ways one after another as it is quite a tough task to detect the exact factor for the problem.
Note: Kindly stop trying further methods after getting the issue with the Rockstar Games Launcher fixed.
Method 1: Run The Launcher In Compatibility Mode As An Administrator
The Rockstar Games Launcher may not be loading or responding properly due to a lack of access to the essential files. Or there can be a compatibility issue as well. But do not worry as you can resolve both the problems together. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all, close Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Now, go to its icon and right-click on it.
- Open Properties.
- In the Properties of Rockstar Games Launcher, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ and ‘Run this program as an administrator’ boxes.
- After you checkmark, the boxes, click on the Apply option.
- Following the above step, click the OK button.
- Close all the windows and dialog boxes.
- Try launching the Rockstar Games Launcher to see if running the program as administrator in compatibility mode has worked to fix the issue or not.
Method 2: Remove DNS Cache
DNS cache can cause troubles in the internet connectivity of your PC. It ultimately prevents a lot of applications, including Rockstar Games Launcher, from loading properly on your system. Do not worry. You can fix these issues by removing the DNS cache.
Here is how you can resolve the ‘Rockstar Games Launcher not responding on startup’ problem by clearing the DNS cache.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, type Command Prompt.
- Run the utility as administrator.
- Type the below command to flush the DNS cache.
- After typing the command, press enter on your keyboard.
- Reboot your PC after the command prompt successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
After rebooting the system, launch Rockstar Games Launcher. Check if flushing the DNS cache has fixed the Rockstar Games Launcher not connecting issue or not.
Method 3: Try To Clean Boot Your Computer
You can try to clean boot your computer to resolve Rockstar Games Launcher not opening issue. It helps to eliminate the conflicting programs & tasks. So if the Rockstar Launcher has stopped working, here is how you can fix it by performing a clean boot on your Windows computer.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard along with the R key.
- Type msconfig in the opened Run dialog box.
- Select the OK option.
- Now, choose the Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services.
- Select Disable all.
- Now, choose the Startup tab.
- In Startup, choose & disable the apps, programs, and tasks that are not necessary.
- Go back to System Configuration.
- Select the Apply option, and following that, click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- After you restart the computer, launch Rockstar Games Launcher to see if it is still not responding or the problem has got resolved now.
Method 4: Update The Graphics Driver Of Your PC
An outdated graphics driver can lower the performance of your GPU. And hence, you may face the Rockstar Games Launcher not working problem. So, you must try to update your faulty graphics driver to make the Rockstar Games Launcher and other applications function properly on your PC.
Performing a one-time driver update is not enough to make sure of error-free performance on your PC. You must do it regularly and install the latest device drivers. Below are a couple of ways through which you can keep the graphics driver of your PC up to date.
How To Update Windows Graphics Driver Manually
You have to visit the driver support page of your GPU manufacturer to update the graphics driver manually. All the graphics card manufacturers, including Intel, NVIDIA, AMD, Realtek, etc., offer driver software for their products. You have to visit the software & driver support page on their website and find the suitable driver for your GPU manually. It can be a pretty time taking and hectic task. And PC users with less technical knowledge also find it tough to find, download, & install graphics drivers manually. Hence, we recommend everyone to go with the next method.
How To Update Windows Graphics Driver Automatically (Using Bit Driver Updater)
Unlike the above method, you do not have to invest much time and effort in updating your graphics driver with this method. Bit Driver Updater is a comprehensive program to repair your PC drivers. It offers the latest updates of all your PC drivers in a single click. In short, you can fix all your driver issues in a snap with Bit Driver Updater. Here is what all you can do with this robust & multi-functional driver updating tool.
- You can plan the driver scans by setting up a schedule with Bit Driver Updater.
- It also helps you to set up restore points, or we can say backups of PC drivers.
- You can even transfer some sensitive drivers to the ignore pane of Bit Driver Updater. It helps to avoid making any changes to them.
- The tool also has an option to revert the changes made to a driver. There is a single-click feature to restore driver backups.
You can follow the below steps to use Bit Driver Updater efficiently on your Windows PC and update the faulty drivers.
- Click the Download Now button given below.
- Install Bit Driver Updater by running the recently downloaded setup file.
- After installing, run the tool on your PC.
- Then, select the Scan Drivers option available on the home screen.
- Update PC drivers by clicking on the Update Now button.
Method 5: Try Reinstalling The Rockstar Games Launcher & Social Club
If you have tried every other solution mentioned above and still facing the same Rockstar Games Launcher not working issue, then do not worry. There is still an effective method that you can try to fix the problem. Reinstall the launcher and related apps such as Social Club.
Here is how you can reinstall the Rockstar Games Launcher & Social Club successfully.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, type Control Panel.
- Open the utility.
- In Windows Control Panel, select Programs.
- Now, select Rockstar Games Launcher & Social Club and click the Uninstall option.
- Once you have uninstalled the launcher and Social Club app, download them again. You can do it by visiting the official website of Rockstar Games.
- After downloading, install the Rockstar Games Launcher properly by following all the setup instructions.
- Now, launch the Rockstar Games Launcher.
Resolve Rockstar Games Launcher Not Working Issue: Final Words
You must resolve the Rockstar Games Launcher not working issue (if you are facing it) to play any of the latest games developed by Rockstar Games on your PC. The above guide helps you to do so with ease. However, there are plenty of factors that cause the Rockstar Launcher not responding problem. Hence, as advised earlier, try all the above methods till you get the launcher working again.
And additionally, always keep the drivers up to date with Bit Driver Updater. It helps to ensure the best performance of your PC. Let us know what worked for you to fix the Rockstar Games Launcher not responding issue in the comments.