Before the year 1987, when Toshiba commercialized the millennials’ favorite little storage tool, i.e., SD cards, users faced a lot of complications as without this way to store crucial pictures and other data, it was tough to manage the device space. After the invention and commercialization of the memory cards, managing the storage space and keeping the device clutter-free has become simple as ABC. However, these days, some unlucky users are forced to go back to the old days when there were no storage cards as their SD card is not detected on Windows 10. Are you one of those fellows? If yes, then put all your worries aside. Whenever there comes a problem, its solution also follows. And, this issue is no exception to this rule.
It sounds unbelievable in the first instance, but you can solve this problem effortlessly with the fixes shared in this penned note. Without any more waiting, let’s begin fixing this frustrating issue.
Fixes for SD Card Not Detected on Windows 10
Here are the most straightforward solutions for the issues if the SD card is not detected on Windows 10 or it is not working.
Fix 1: Remove the Dust from Your SD Card
Dirt and good performance cannot coexist. Whenever there is dirt, the peripheral devices will show a deteriorated performance. Hence, to fix the problems if the SD card is not detected on Windows 10, clean your storage card. You can dip a cloth in a little alcohol or water and then clean the card lightly without touching its metal parts.
Fix 2: Enable the Card Reader
If the card reader is disabled, then your SD card will not be detected. Therefore, enable the reader. Simply, string along the below mentioned steps to do it without any troubles.
- Restart your computer.
- Locate the key to launch the “BIOS.” Since the key to enter BIOS varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, find the key to open it in case of your device.
- After entering BIOS, locate the Devices or Storage section.
- Once you find it, turn on the toggle to enable the reader if it is disabled.
- Save the changes and leave the BIOS window.
Fix 3: Disable the Card Reader and then Enable it Again
Turning the device off and then on is a simple trick that users often try to make almost any device work. Surprisingly, this fix does not let you down in the case of SD cards too. You can disable the card reader and then enable it to solve the problems if the SD card is not recognized or detected on Windows 10. Comply with the steps mentioned here for doing it.
- Press the Windows logo and R key present on your keyboard at the same time to bring up the “Run box.”
- In the space given in the Run box, input “devmgmt.msc” and choose “OK.”
- Once the “Device Manager” gets displayed, expand the category of “Memory Technology Devices.”
- Double click your card reader.
- After the “Properties” appear, move to the “Driver” tab.
- Click on “Disable Device.”
- Choose “Yes” for confirming your actions.
- Go the Properties window again, click on the Drivers tab, and select “ Enable Device.”
Fix 4: Update the Card Reader Driver (Recommended)
Now, here we share the best solution for all PC problems including the issues because of which SD card is not working. Timely updating drivers is all that you need to do for keeping such annoying glitches at a bay. Therefore, update the driver to fix the storage card bug. This can be done manually using Device Manager and automatically through ITL Driver Updater. We prefer the automatic way since it is much easier and also makes significant improvements in the way our PC performs. Below we share how to update drivers automatically with ITL Driver Updater.
- Get and install ITL Driver Updater from the link given in this post.
- Let it automatically scan the PC.
- Review the results that pop up on your screen, find the card reader, and choose “Update Now” to get new the driver for it. For updating all device drivers in one click of the mouse, select “Update All.”
Not just the storage driver, you can update every device driver in no time with the above steps and take the performance of your PC to new heights. Hence, click on this link to install ITL Driver Updater.
SD Card Not Detected on Windows 10: Solved
This post shared some quick and easy fixes to solve the issues if the SD card is not detected on Windows 10. We hope now you are not facing this problem anymore and it has become easier for you to manage the storage of your device. For more such fixes, stay tuned with Innovana Blog, and don’t forget to share this article with your best pals who may also be searching for solutions to the same problem.