Check out these working solutions for ARK crashing problems on Windows 10, Xbox, PS4, and other operating systems.
ARK: Survival Evolved is a single and multiplayer game for multiple platforms. The game gained popularity right after the release of its stable version. Multiple modes, realistic graphics, and an interesting storyline are what made this game so popular among the gaming community.
Additionally, the developers of the game created it to be cross-platformed. Despite the platform you are using, you can play ARK: Survival Evolved on almost every device and OS. But, a lot of gamers are facing issues in running the game smoothly.
The increasing cases of ARK crashing at startup and during the gameplay brought this article to life. This write-up contains all the possible methods to fix the ARK crashing problems on Windows, Xbox, PS4, and other operating systems.
If you are also facing similar problems related to ARK crashing you are at the right place. So, without further ado, let’s have a look at different solutions for this annoying problem.
Solutions for ARK Crashing Issues on Windows PC, PS4, Xbox
Before we go over the solutions to ARK crashing issues. We recommend that you restart your device first and relaunch the game only. Restarting is the simplest and the most effective way to solve some major crashing issues. If you are still facing the same, move on to the solutions.
Before we go over the solutions for ARK crashing issues on Windows PC, please ensure that your system fulfills all the minimum requirements required to run the game.
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 and Higher|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bit)|
|GPU||NVIDIA GTX 670 /AMD Radeon HD 7870 and Higher|
|Graphics Memory||2 GB and Higher|
|Required Disk Space||60 GB|
|DirectX||V 10 and Higher|
If your system has everything required to run the game, you can move on to the next action.
This section of the tutorial states and explains multiple ways to fix every problem causing ARK shooter game crashes on your Windows PC. Go over and execute these solutions one by one until all the errors are fixed.
Solution 1: Take the Help of the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES Function of Steam
Sometimes, game files on Steam are corrupt due to one or more reasons. This can happen due to the interference of an antivirus, accidental deletion of data, or any other reason.
That is why Steam provides an integrated option to check and verify the integrity of game files. With the help of this function, you can see if some game files are missing from the game directory and download the same if required.
Follows these steps to take the help of VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES Function of Steam:
- Launch Steam, and click on Library from the main interface of the platform.
- From the list, look for ARK Survival Evolved and right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Go to the end of this menu and click on Properties.
- After a few seconds, Steam will list some properties of ARK Survival Evolved. Click on the Local Files tab, present on the top of the properties window.
Wait for Steam to run the function and fix the files. After a few minutes, close Steam, restart the PC and launch the game. Your game will run smoothly as required. If ARK crashes on startup, take the help of the next solution.
Solution 2: Change the Launch Method of the Game
Steam runs every game with a default launch option suitable for the game. But this may not be effective at all times. The same can be the reason behind ARK keeps crashing on PC, so you should try to change the game’s launch options to run it smoothly. Here’s how you can do that:
- Click on the Library option in Steam’s main window.
- Right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved and then click on Properties from the menu.
- Under the General properties head of the game, find SET LAUNCH OPTIONS and click on it.
- Clear the Launch options box that appears and type the following command: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10. Press OK to apply these.
Exit the options after saving and close Steam. Relaunch the game using Steam and see whether the problem is there or not. If you are still facing ARK crashing issues on PC, take the help of the next solution.
Solution 3: Download the Latest Patch Files of ARK Survival Evolved
Some bugs are always present in games and other software. To fix these bugs, the developers of such programs and games release regular patches. You should also download and install the patch files for ARK Survival Evolved to fix the ARK Survival Evolved crashing issue.
You can visit the official website of ARK by clicking here. Find the latest patch volume, download, and then install them to run the game properly. If this solution does not work out for you, take the help of the next one.
Solution 4: Uninstall ARK Survival Evolved and then Reinstall
If ARK Survival Evolved is beyond repair through patches and verify the integrity option. The next best solution is to reinstall the game. Reinstalling the game readily removes the ARK crashing issues and runs the game smoothly.
Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall ARK Survival Evolved hassle-free.
- Follow the first four steps listed in the first solution up till Local Files.
- From this tab look for UNINSTALL GAME and click on it.
- Wait for the uninstall to complete and then Exit Steam from the taskbar.
- Open File Explorer and follow this path
C:>Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common
- From the common folder, look for the folder named ARK and delete it.
- Launch Steam and reinstall ARK Survival Evolved.
When you play the game after the completion of the above steps, you will no longer face ARK crashing issues. If the problem persists, take the help of the last solution.
Solution 5: Update the Graphics Drivers Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Updating the graphics drivers is the best way to solve every problem related to gaming. As you may already know, drivers are the carrier of information. Drivers help in connecting and sharing information between the device and the using software.
When drivers are up to date, they work flawlessly and provide the best features with ease. However, outdated drivers create problems like lags, crashes, freezes, etc. So, you should update your drivers regularly.
It is very hard to download and install individual drivers one by one manually. The process takes time as well as you may not get the latest versions at all times. Additionally, not everyone has the required knowledge about the download and install procedure for drivers which makes it tricky.
So we recommend that you download the Bit Driver Updater to update all drivers and solve ARK crashing issues. What makes the Bit Driver Updater better than others is that you can update or schedule the updates as you want through this tool. All the drivers are brought to your end from trusted sources and are reliable.
The driver updating utility also provides an option to revert to previous versions of different drivers if the new ones don’t work out. Here are some easy steps to download, install, and use Bit Driver Updater to update Windows drivers easily.
- Download the Bit Driver Updater
- Wait for the program to download and then install it.
- After the installation is complete, launch the software and click on the Scan Now button.
- The software will run the scan utility for some time. Click on the Update All button afterward and download all the latest drivers easily.
When you update the drivers using Bit Driver Updater, all your devices will run smoothly. This will enable the system to access the devices properly and run ARK Survival Evolved smoothly.
All of the above-listed solutions and steps will solve every problem related to ARK crashing on PC. To get the solution for such problems on PlayStation 4, read the next section of the article.
On PlayStation 4
If you are facing the ARK crashing on PS4, here are some solutions that will work as a cure to that problem. Remember, you may not have to try them all. Follow the solutions one-by-one until the problem is solved.
Solution 1: Restart your PlayStation 4 Device
The best solution and the first thing you should do to solve ARK shooter game crashing problems is to restart your PS4. You can restart the device with the help of the following steps.
- Long-press the power button on the front of the PS4.
- Unplug the power adapter from the switch and wait for 2-3 mins.
- Plug the adapter back in and start your device.
Run the ARK Survival Evolved game and see whether it is running properly or not. If the ARK crashing issues persist, move on to the next solution.
Also Read: PlayStation 4 Controller Connection Issues
Solution 2: Update the Operating System of PS4
If restarting the PS does not work and fix ARK crashing issues on startup, you should update the OS of PS4. Here’s how you can update the OS of your PS4 and make it compatible with ARK Survival Evolved.
- Turn on your PS4.
- Press the Up button on your controller to show options.
- Use the arrow button to navigate to Settings.
- From the drop-down menu under Settings, select System Software Update and update the OS.
After the update is complete, launch the ARK game to see if the problem persists. If ARK keeps crashing on PS4, take the help of the next solution.
Solution 3: Remove the Game and Install it Again
If none of the above-stated methods work, then you should remove the existing version of ARK Survival Evolved and install a new one. Reinstalling the game will remove all the obstacles from the course and run the game smoothly.
Follow these instructions to uninstall and reinstall ARK Survival Evolved on PS4 easily:
- Go to the ARK Survival Evolved game on PS4.
- Press the options button on your controller.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Delete option and proceed as asked.
- After the game is removed, reinstall, and then run it.
The ARK will stop crashing again and again and you will enjoy stable gameplay as required. If ARK crashing persists, take the help of the last solution.
Solution 4: Reset the Game and Device Settings to Default
Sometimes, the settings of the game and the PS may affect the working of ARK Survival Evolved. When the settings are not synchronized properly, it can result in ARK keeps crashing on PS4. To get rid of such problems and reset the settings, follow these steps.
- Switch off your PS 4 if it is running.
- Long-press the PS4 power button for two beeps.
- On your PS4 joystick, press the PS button and wait for some time.
- The PS will show some options on the screen. Scroll down to Restore to Default Settings.
- A warning message will appear on the screen, scroll and select Yes.
After the settings of the device are restored to default, launch the game again and you will not face the ARK crashing issue anymore. If you face similar problems on Xbox, the next section will help you.
On Xbox One
Now that the solutions for ARK crashing on Windows and PS4 are addressed, here are some solutions for Xbox one users. Take the help of the solutions one at a time and enjoy a smooth gameplay experience.
Solution 1: Restart your Xbox One Device
Just like any other OS or device, the best solution if you ever face ARK shooter game crashing issues on Xbox is to restart the device. Restarting removes all the problems and runs the game properly. Here’s how you can restart your Xbox and play the game.
- Long-press the Xbox power button for some time to turn the device off.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then turn on your device.
- Run ARK Survival Evolved game and play uninterruptedly.
With the help of these easy steps, you can get rid of ARK crashing issues on Xbox. If the problem persists, move on to the next method.
Solution 2: Update the Operating System of Xbox One
Outdated devices cause a lot of problems in playing games. That’s why you should regularly update Xbox One and every other device to keep it in check. Here’s how you can update the OS of Xbox One and treat ARK Survival Evolved crashing issues perfectly:
- After starting the Xbox One console, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- From the Guide, scroll down and select Settings.
- The OS will show different settings for Xbox, move your cursor, and select System from the options.
- From the next menu screen, select the Update Console option.
Wait for the device to update and run ARK Survival Evolved after that. The game will run naturally and smoothly and you will not face any problem if ARK keeps crashing on Xbox One. If you face any problem, take the help of the next solution.
Solution 3: Reset Your Xbox One Settings
You came to this solution which means that you are still facing ARK keeps crashing on Xbox. Resetting your Xbox One is the next best solution for the problem. Follow the below-listed steps to reset your device.
- Turn on the console and then press the Xbox button.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- From the settings menu, move on to System and select it.
- In the next window, select Console Info.
- Finally, select the Reset Console option to proceed.
- If the Xbox pops up a warning message, select Reset and keep my games & apps.
After the completion of the above-listed steps, run the ARK Survival Evolved game and see if it runs properly. If you face the ARK crashing errors again, take the help of the next solution.
Solution 4: Remove the Game and Install it Again
If no solutions work and solve the ARK Survival Evolved crashing issues on Xbox One, the only solution left is to reinstall the game. Reinstalling will fix all the missing files and run the game smoothly. Follow these easy steps to uninstall and reinstall Xbox One easily.
- Press the main Xbox button from your joystick.
- Move your cursor to the right side of the screen and select My games & apps.
- After you are in the menu move your cursor to the game and press the ☰ button on your joystick.
- From the drop-down menu, select Uninstall and proceed further.
- Let the device complete the uninstall. Reinstall the ARK Survival Evolved and play the game easily.
With the help of these methods and solutions, you can easily solve every issue related to the ARK shooter game crashing on Xbox One and other devices.
Concluding Notes on Solutions for ARK Crashing Issues on Windows PC, PS4, Xbox
We have listed every possible way to fix the issues related to ARK crashing on Windows, PS4, and Xbox. If you are facing similar issues on some other OS, the process is quite similar to the ones explained above.
We recommend that you restart your device and then run your game before getting your head into solutions. You should follow the solutions one by one only if restarting does not work.
We also recommend that you update the drivers using the Bit Driver Updater as it is always beneficial to keep your drivers updated and ahead of troubles. Updating the drivers will not only help you with problems related to ARK keeps crashing on PC but from every other complication posed by outdated drivers.
If you want further suggestions and answers to your queries, write to us in the comment section below. Subscribe to the newsletter from Innovana Thinklabs Blog to get the latest technology updates right away.