If Fallout 4 is crashing on PC, then focus on this article to solve the problem effortlessly in a New York minute.
Almost everyone who loves action role-playing games have tried Fallout. This video game series has always been a favorite game of millennials. However, the recent video game in the Fallout series, i.e., Fallout 4 keeps crashing on PC. The reason is that this game is highly graphic intensive, and it requires a well-updated graphic card to run smoothly. Apart from this, hardware problems and inappropriate video resolution are also prominent causes because of which Fallout 4 crashes on the computer.
However, now is the time to rejoice as this article highlights what to do if PC freezes when you play Fallout 4. Let’s get started with the workarounds to fix the issue so that you do not have to wait much for playing your favorite video game.
Fixes to Solve the Issues If Fallout 4 Keeps Crashing on the PC (100% Working)
Below we share the tried and tested solutions for fixing the problems if Fallout 4 keeps crashing on the PC.
Solution 1: Install the Latest Update
Developers release game updates for a reason. These updates patch various loopholes existing in the game and resolve problems because of which Fallout 4 is crashing on PC. Therefore, the first thing that you should do is install the game update if one is available.
Solution 2: Lower the Graphics Settings
Fallout games are already graphic intensive. Playing them in high video settings stresses out the device more becomes one of the reasons for which Fallout 4 keeps crashing on the PC. Therefore, set the video settings of your game to low so that you can play it without any glitches.
Solution 3: Disable the Antivirus For Some Time
Antivirus is crucial for the safety and well being of the computer. But, some antivirus software interferes with the working of high-end games such as Fallout. Therefore, disable the antivirus temporarily and check whether the problem is fixed or Fallout 4 still freezes on the PC. If it still crashes, then add it to the exception list of your antivirus software. However, if you use a top-rated antivirus such as ITL Total Security, then you may never face this issue at all.
Solution 4: Change the Settings
Inappropriate game settings often leads to Fallout 4 PC crash issue. Therefore, to solve all the problems, you can try to change the settings. Follow the instructions shared here to do it.
- Have a look at your computer’s resolution and the game resolution. Ensure that both these resolutions match each other.
- Move to the “Graphics Adapter and Resolution” settings of the game. And, select the “Windows Mode” and “Borderless” options.
Image Source: Skytechosting
- Unmark “Enable Intro Video” or mark the “Disable Intro Video” option in the game settings.
- Click on the “Save” button and restart the game.
Solution 5: Reload the Game
Although this solution involves a few cumbersome steps, still if you have the required patience, then you can load the game again. Comply with the directions given below to reload the game.
- Launch the Steam client and move to the Library segment.
- Select Fallout 4 from the options, right-click it, and then select “Uninstall.”
- Click on the “Delete” option.
- Close the current Steam client and choose the “Delete local content” option.
- Restart your computer and reinstall the game using the Steam client.
- Launch the game and check that Fallout 4 is crashing on PC or the game works fine now.
Fallout 4 Keeps Crashing on PC: Solved
This article enlightened us on various workarounds to solve the Fallout 4 keeps crashing on PC issue. Hopefully, now you enjoy playing the game without any crashes or freezes. For more such easy to implement fixes for irksome tech issues, keep following our blog. Additionally, you can also stay connected with us on social networking platforms. We will see you soon. May you have happy gaming experience.