Almost every PC error is easy to fix except the fearful Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. What makes these bugs dreaded is that they are quite stubborn and do not get resolved with ease. No matter how hard you try, they return to your PC. One such irritatingly annoying BSOD error is “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Whenever this error appears, it brings with itself a seemingly unending cycle of PC shutdown and restarts. But this will not happen anymore. Through this typewritten note, we highlight the sure-shot fixes to resolve this error.
But, before we jump on to those fixes, it is crucial to know why has “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart Windows 10.” Knowing about its causes helps you solve the problem effortlessly and avoid it in the future.
What Causes “Your PC Ran Into A Problem and Needs to Restart” Error on Windows 10
There can be a multitude of reasons for which “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Below we enlist the central ones out of all these causes.
- Malware and virus attacks.
- Unexpected power failures.
- Corrupt system files.
- Deletion of registry files from the System32 folder.
- The overheating of the processor.
- RAM running at an excessively higher percentage that goes beyond the acceptable limits of processor.
- Forceful computer shutdowns.
- Out of date, missing, or corrupt drivers.
Now, as the causes of Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart error are crystal clear, solving this problem will not be a tough thing to do. Let’s begin troubleshooting it.
How to Fix “Your PC Ran into a Problem And Needs To Restart” Error On Windows 10?
Below are the simplest possible workarounds for Windows 10 BSOD error “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Travel down these fixes until you reach the one that solves this as well as all the other PC problems perfectly for you.
Fix 1: Change the Memory Dump Settings
If you are getting “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” BSOD error on Windows 10, then modify the memory dump settings. Here are the steps to do the same.
- In the search box located on the Task Bar, input “View advanced system settings” and click on the “Best match.”
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and click on the “Settings” button located under Startup and Recovery.
- Move to the “System failure” section and unmark the “Automatically restart” checkbox.
- Go to the “Write debugging information” and choose “Complete memory dump.”
- Click on “OK” to save the changes and boot your PC again.
Fix 2: Boot Your PC into Safe Mode
Rebooting Windows into Safe Modes solves almost all the annoying BSOD errors such as “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Therefore, string along the below steps to boot the computer into Safe Mode.
- Use the Windows+I key shortcut to open “Settings.”
- Click on “Update & Security.”
- Choose “Recovery” from the left pane, and from the “Advanced startup section”, choose “Restart now.”
- From the on-screen options, select “Troubleshoot.”
- Go to the “Advanced options” and choose “Startup Settings.”
- Click on the “Restart” option.
- Choose your preferred Safe Mode version.
Fix 3: Perform a System File Check
As mentioned earlier, corrupt system files are one of the major causes of “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” error on Windows 10. Therefore, run a system file check and with the below steps.
- In the search bar, type “Command Prompt” and click on “Run as administrator.”
- After the Command Prompt window opens, in the command line, input sfc/scannow and hit “Enter.”
Fix 4: Run System Restore
Performing a System Restore is another way to fix the irritating and frustrating error “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Travel with the below steps to run it.
- In the search box, input “System Restore” and choose “Create a restore point” from the options that come up.
- Once the “System Properties” window appears, click on the “System Restore” option.
- Click on “Next” to confirm the restoration.
- Select a restore point and click on “Next.”
- Click on “Finish” to confirm the selected restore point.
- Wait for the restoration to complete.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Windows updates often automatically fixes various troublesome errors such as “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Here are the steps to perform a Windows update.
- On the keyboard, press Windows and R key at the same time to launch the “Run box.”
- After you get the Run box, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” and click “OK.”
- Now, click on the “Check for updates.” If the Check for updates option is not available, then click on the “Download” button.
Fix 6: Update Drivers Automatically Through ITL Driver Updater (Recommended)
Outdated drivers not only results in problems such as BSOD error “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” but also several other annoying bugs. Therefore, it is crucial to keep the drivers updated so that your PC always stays in the pink of condition. It is not easy to manually update drivers as the manual driver update requires technical knowledge and a lot of time. Moreover, if you download the incorrect drivers, then solving the problems becomes tougher. Therefore, we recommend an automatic way of updating drivers. Simply, install ITL Driver Updater, follow a few quick and simple steps, and leave the rest to this tool. It updates all the drivers in a New York minute and boosts the performance of your PC at the same time. ITL Driver Updater has a plethora of advantages. But, before discussing them, let’s first understand how to use this utility.
How to Update Drivers with ITL Driver Updater?
Updating drivers through ITL Driver Updater is an easy as pie procedure. Comply with the simple steps mentioned below to do it.
- Setup ITL Driver Updater on your PC with the link shared in this post.
- Launch it and wait till it automatically scans your device.
- Lastly, review the scan results and click on the “Update Now” button present next to each outdated driver. If updating drivers one-by-one seems cumbersome, then click on “Update All” to perform a one-click driver update for all outdated, missing, and corrupt drivers.
The above steps save you from situations such as when you get stuck at “You PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Apart from being your savior, the utility also provides you several other benefits, we share them below.
Advantages of Using ITL Driver Updater
- You get the facility to schedule driver scans.
- It allows you to exclude the drivers that you do not want to scan.
- With this tool, you can backup and restore drivers in no time.
- The tool downloads WHQL authenticated drivers.
- You can use this software in multiple languages ranging from French to English.
- It is available for all the latest versions of the Windows operating system.
- ITL Driver Updater has an enormous driver database.
The above list is not exhaustive and several other pros of ITL Driver Updater can also be added to it. Click on the below link to download the utility and know all its benefits.
Your PC Ran Into A Problem and Needs to Restart: Fixed
This post taught us the simple and quick fixes for one of the most irksome BSOD errors, i.e., “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” We solved this and all the other PC problems using ITL Driver Updater. If you adopted some other way, then we will be happy to know about it via the below comment box. And, before leaving this page, make sure to subscribe and bookmark our blog for more such solutions and updates. In addition to this, you can also join us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Linkedin.