Nowadays, we do everything on our computers. From making office presentations to playing games to pass our time, we use computers in everything. Hence, we need to take care of our PCs. Taking care of a PC doesn’t only mean to take care of its hardware and software. You also have to take care of the device drivers, system security, and various other essential components of a well-performing PC. Here we are going to present various ways through which you can download, install, and update graphics drivers on your Windows 10 PC.
Before proceeding with the methods, let’s discuss more about graphics drivers and their functionality.
What is a Graphics Driver and How it Work
You all may know about Graphics Card. It is a component of PC hardware and is useful for providing the visual experience to the users. Graphics Card creates the images that you see on the screen of your PC. However, just like any other hardware, you require a driver, or we can say a set of some special programs to make the Graphics Card function. That driver is known as Graphics Driver.
The functionality of Graphics Drivers is quite complex. Hence, in simple terms, it works as a communication chain between the Graphic hardware and software of your PC. Ultimately, a Graphics driver helps in providing you exceptional visual experience on your computer.
Why Should I Update My Graphics Drivers
Graphics Drivers has quite an essential role in your PC. You cannot perform any task on your computer without proper visuals on your monitor screen. And it is the Graphics Driver that ensures flawless visuals on your computer screen. Along with this, updated Graphics Driver also makes sure that your system doesn’t get crash down due to graphical issues. They are also responsible for providing smooth and clear video quality. Moreover, software and games get updated regularly. And, to support those updated graphics, manufacturers provide updates for Graphics Drivers. That’s the reason why you should update your Graphics Drivers regularly. There are multiple ways to do so, and we’ll discuss them further in this write-up. However, we recommend you to do it automatically using a driver updater tool like ITL Driver Updater. You can get the tool here.
How to Download and Update Graphics Drivers on Windows 10
Before proceeding to the methods to update Graphics Drivers, let’s check the methods to download Graphics Drivers on Windows 10.
How to Download Graphics Drivers on Windows 10 PC
If you have a new PC and want to download Graphics Drivers, then you can select any of the methods that we have mentioned below.
Method 1: Download Graphics Drivers From Driver Manufacturers
The most common method through which you can download a Graphics Driver is downloading it from the official Driver manufacturers’ site. There are various manufacturers such as AMD, NVIDIA, Intel, etc. that manufactures Graphics Drivers. You can download it from any of them. All you have to do is to visit their official website and look for the Driver support option. Then after selecting that option, you have to provide the information about your device and the Driver you want to download. At last, you just have to click on the Download button to get the Graphics Driver you want. We have earlier provided the guides on how to download the Intel Graphics Driver and various other drivers also. You can check them as well.
Method 2: Download the Graphics Drivers From PC Manufacturers
Another authentic method to download drivers is downloading them from the respective PC manufacturers. Big manufacturers such as Lenovo, Dell, etc. also provide driver support to their customers. Hence, you can download drivers from their official sites as well. All you have to do it to open the official website of the PC manufacturer, and then opt for driver support. After that, you have to provide the details about your device model and your operating system. As soon as you provide the required information, the manufacturers will provide you the driver you want. Then, you can download the Lenovo drivers or any other manufacturers drivers by just clicking on the download option. You can seek help from our previous guides as well.
Method 3: Download Drivers From Third-Party Sources
If you are not able to find the required driver update on the authentic driver sources, then you can also use some third-party sources to download drivers. But, it is quite risky to use such sources. Hence, you have to be cautious about the authenticity of the drivers that you download from any third-party source.
How to Update Graphics Drivers on Windows 10 PC
Now, we are going to talk about updating the graphics drivers on Windows 10 using manual methods. There are two prominent methods through which you can update the Graphics Drivers or any other drivers on your PC manually.
Using Windows Update to Update Graphics Drivers
Windows Update is the utility of the Windows operating system that provides a solution to multiple problems. From updating the antivirus definition to updating the Windows, it is useful in all such essential activities. You can also use it to update Graphics Drivers on your PC. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
- The first step is to look for the Windows Update. You can find it in the Windows Settings. So to open the Windows Settings click on the Settings option in the Start Menu.
- Then choose the Update & Security option available in the Windows Settings.
- After that, open the Windows Update and choose the Check for update tab.
That’s all you have to do for updating drivers using Windows Update. However, if you just want to update the Graphics driver or any other particular driver, then we advise you to avoid this method. It doesn’t allow you to be specific while updating the drivers and update all the device drivers that require an update.
Using Device Manager to Upgrade Your Graphics Drivers
Device Manager is an essential function of the Windows operating system that helps you to keep a check on your hardware and their respective drivers. You can check the status of your devices and their drivers using Device Manager. Along with this, you can also use it to update your drivers. You just need to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- The first step of updating Graphics drivers using Device Manager is obviously to open the Device Manager. You can do this with the help of Windows Search utility. Just search Device Manager and open the search result.
- Now look for the Display adapters in the list and click on it.
- After that, select the Graphics Driver you want to update and right-click on it.
- Then from the drop-down list, choose Update driver.
- After choosing the Update driver option, it will ask you to make a choice between ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and ‘Browse my computer for driver software’. You have to go for the first option.
- Now sit back and wait for some moments. Let the Windows complete the scan for the driver updates. If there is any update available, then the operating system will install it.
- After completing the Graphics Driver update, restart your PC to implement the updated driver.
How to Update Graphics Drivers Using ITL Driver Updater? (Automatically)
Now here comes the best possible way to update Graphics drivers on Windows 10, and it is ITL Driver Updater. If you are a person who prefers smart work over hard work, then you’ll indeed like the ITL Driver Updater software. With this software, you can update Graphics Drivers on Windows 10 PC with minimum time and effort. Not just on Windows 10, you can use this software on your Windows 7 and 8 PCs as well.
Here are some of the prominent features of ITL Driver Updater.
- One of the most prominent features of ITL Driver Updater is its interface. No matter how much knowledge you have about drivers and PCs, you can use this software to update your drivers with ease.
- The driver updater tool is suitable to use on most of the latest Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, 8, and 7. It works best on Windows 10 PCs.
- You can try this application without spending a cent. It offers a free version as well.
- The software only provides you with the WHQL certified driver updates and that too from some of the authentic sources.
- You do not need to do much to update your drivers if you have ITL Driver Updater installed on your PC. It offers one-click functionality.
- Also, you don’t require a high-end PC to use ITL Driver Updater. It is quite compact, and you can install it on almost all PCs.
Here are some of the simple steps that you have to follow to update Graphics Drivers effortlessly using ITL Driver Updater.
- The first thing that you have to do is to download and install the ITL Driver Updater software. Here is the link to download it.
- After installing the ITL Driver Updater software, you have to launch it.
- The software offers an effortless functioning. Hence, it starts scanning for outdated drivers as soon as you launch it.
- After a few seconds, it provides with a list of faulty drivers. Look for the Graphics Driver you want to update in that list.
- Then, simply choose Update Now.
Now, Easily Update Graphics Drivers on Windows PC
So, these are all the steps to update Graphics Drivers on Windows 10. You all have noticed that it is quite easier to use ITL Driver Updater to update device drivers as compared to using other methods. That’s the reason why we always recommend this software. So, install the software now and keep your device drivers always up to date.
Moreover, if you want more information about various other drivers, then subscribe to Innovana blogs.