This article shares quick and easy ways to download, install, reinstall, and update the Intel CPU driver.
Intel processors are known worldwide for the power-packed performance that they deliver. If your computer has Intel inside, then you can perform almost any task with ease, be it playing graphic-intensive games or movies having stunning animation. However, if the drivers are outdated, then even the Intel CPU may not work as expected, and you may face various errors. Therefore, we are here with how to update the Intel CPU driver effortlessly.
In case you are thinking does CPU need driver updates or not, here is the most straightforward answer. No, it is not the CPU driver that we update. The reason is that the BIOS coming with the motherboard performs all program execution-related tasks.
What we need to update are the motherboard chipset drivers to make our CPU perform to the best of its capabilities. However, in the general user world, downloading, installing, reinstalling, and updating the motherboard driver is the same as doing it for the CPU drivers.
Now, without further delay, let’s download, install, reinstall, and update the driver for our Intel CPU.
How to Download, Install, and Update Intel CPU driver
It is quite simple to download, install, reinstall, and update the Intel CPU driver. To make sure that our readers understand the methods to do it with ease, we have put them under two headings. Let’s start with the first one.
Part I: Download, Install, and Reinstall Intel CPU driver:
In this section, we are discussing how to download, install, and reinstall the driver for Intel CPU. You can do it by following the below methods.
Method 1: Download the Intel CPU driver through the Intel website
One of the ways to download and install the Intel CPU driver is through its official website. Here is how to do it.
- Visit the Intel Support page.
- Click on the “Drivers & Software” option.
- Select “Processors” from the options that you get on the screen.
- Click on the “View by product” arrow and select your Intel CPU from the list that drops down.
- Click on the “Filter by” arrow to select your operating system.
- Click on the driver file to begin the download process.
- After the driver file finishes downloading, click on it, and follow the instructions on your screen to install the Intel CPU driver.
Method 2: Download & install the Intel CPU driver with Device Manager
Windows encompasses a driver management software called Device Manager to download, install, and update drivers for various peripherals. Below is how to use it for downloading and installing the Intel CPU driver.
- On your keyboard, hit the Windows and R key at once to evoke the Run dialog box.
- After the Run box appears, enter the “devmgmt.msc” command and select “OK.”
- After the Device Manager launches, click on the “Processors” category.
- Right-click on the Intel CPU and choose the option to “Update driver.”
- Next, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- After some hours, when Windows finishes downloading and installing the updated Intel CPU driver, restart your computer.
Read More: 15 Best CPU Benchmark Software For Windows
Method 3: Reinstall the Intel CPU driver using Device Manager
In case you need to install the Intel CPU driver again, then you can do so through the Device Manager. Here are the steps for the same.
- Launch Device Manager on your computer.
- After it opens, click on the section of “Processors.”
- Right-click on the Intel CPU and select “Uninstall device.”
- A dialog box appears on your screen asking you for confirmation. Checkmark the “Delete the driver software for this device” box and click the “Uninstall/OK” button.
- After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer to let Windows reinstall it.
The first part of this article taught us how to download, install, and reinstall the driver for Intel CPU. Now, we will learn the methods to update the Intel CPU driver.
Part II: Update Intel CPU Driver
You can update the Intel CPU driver both manually and automatically. We are discussing both of these methods here.
Method 1: Update Intel CPU driver manually
Manual Intel CPU driver update is not our recommendation as to do it, you need a lot of time, experience, and most importantly lots of patience. However, if you still want to update the driver manually, then here’s the way to do it.
- Press the “Windows and I key” simultaneously to view the Settings.
- Once the Settings window becomes active, click on “Update & Security.”
- From the left pane of the Update & Security window, choose “Windows Update.”
- Click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Download the latest update of your operating system.
Also Read: How to Update CPU Driver on Windows 10, 8, 7
Method 2: Update Intel CPU Driver Automatically (Recommended)
Most of us cannot spend the entire day updating the drivers. Further, not every user is experienced enough to complete every step of manual driver update with a hundred percent correctness. And a single wrong turn can make you face fatal PC problems. Therefore, we are here with an automatic way to update the Intel CPU driver as well as all the other drivers. You can perform the driver update automatically in one click using Bit Driver Updater. This software safely downloads, installs, and updates drivers without requiring many efforts from you. Further, it also makes the computer fast, error-free and swimmingly performing.
Another notable feature of this software is that it downloads only those drivers that are WHQL authorized. Hence, without any further wait, let’s learn how to use this program.
How to update Intel CPU driver automatically with Bit Driver Updater?
To update the Intel CPU driver automatically, simply follow these steps.
- Get Bit Driver Updater from this link.
- Let it scan the computer automatically or perform the scan yourself by clicking the Scan option.
- After two to three seconds, the scan results will be displayed. Click on the “Update Now” option that is visible alongside the Intel CPU driver.
If you want your computer to perform like a dream, options to exclude a driver from the scan, backup and restore drivers, increase the download speed of drivers, etc. , then choose “Update All.”
It is such a simple task to update the Intel CPU driver and all the other drivers with Bit Driver Updater. Hence, get this program from the link given below.
Update Intel CPU driver: Concluding Words
This article explained how to download, install, reinstall, and update the Intel CPU driver effortlessly. In our view, you should perform this task with Bit Driver Updater as this program also elevates the computer’s performance and takes it to new heights. And if you think that this post is helpful, then subscribe to our blog as we keep posting such tech articles regularly.