What if computers were sound only? Imagining a game or movie with just the sound, and no visuals seem next to impossible. Perhaps, this is why video cards exist, i.e., to give you the ultimate gaming and binge-watching pleasure. But, what if the video card starts behaving erratically? In that case, your games and movies may go blank without any exciting scenes or images. To prevent this from happening, you need to update video card drivers timely.
Therefore, through this write-up, we focus on the best ways to download, install, reinstall, and update drivers for video card correctly. Without any ado, let’s begin the first part of our discussion.
Part 1: How to Download, Install, and Reinstall Video Card Drivers
You can download, install, and reinstall video card drivers using any of the methods stated below. After this, we’ll move towards the best ways to update video card drivers on Windows 10.
Method 1: Download Video Card Drivers via the Manufacturer’s Website
The process to download and update video card drivers through the manufacturer website is quite simple. Below are the only steps that you need to follow for doing it.
- Note down the video card and PC’s model, and the operating system that your device runs.
- Visit the official website of the video card manufacturer.
- Search for the drivers compatible with your device’s model and operating system.
- Download the driver file and unzip it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install video card driver on your PC.
Method 2: Install Video Card Drivers via Device Manager
Windows is an incredible operating system as it provides an in-built utility for almost every need of the users. To take care of the driver-related concerns, it offers the Device Manager. Below is how to use this tool to get the latest video card driver installed on your PC.
- Hit the Windows logo and R key on your keyboard simultaneously to call up “Run box”
- Once you see the Run box on the screen, type “devmgmt.msc” and click “OK” to evoke “Device Manager”.
- After the Device Manager screen comes up, expand the “Display adapters” section.
- Right-click your video card and choose “Update driver” from the context menu that pops up.
- Now, you get two options on the screen. Choose the second option, i.e., “Browse my computer for updated driver software”.
- Specify the location where you have saved the driver file and tickmark “Include subfolders”.
- Click on “OK”.
- Select the folder that contains the driver file and click on “OK”.
- Follow the instructions that come up on your screen to install and update video card drivers.
Method 3: Reinstall Video Card Driver using Device Manager
Reinstalling the video card driver is also possible through the Device Manager. Follow the below steps to do it effortlessly.
- Call up “Device Manager” on your screen and expand the “Display adapters” segment.
- Right-click the video card that you have and select “Uninstall device” from the options that appear.
- Checkmark “Delete the driver software for this device” and click on “Uninstall”.
- Once the uninstallation completes, restart the PC to install video card driver again and update it.
Part 2: How to Update Video Card Drivers
Updating video card drivers is an easy-breezy thing to do. All that is required is the knowledge of the best methods to do it. Below we share the same.
Method 1: Update your Operating System
Updating Windows is a good way to install and update video card drivers. Below is how to update Windows 10 to the latest version.
- Hit Windows and I keys to call up “Settings”.
- Select “Update & Security”.
- Click on “Windows Update” and then choose “Check for updates”.
- Wait for Windows to find and install the latest available update.
Method 2: Update Video Card Driver through Device Manager
Device Manager is an all-in-one utility for all your requirements related to drivers. Below is how to use it for downloading and updating video card drivers.
- Launch “Device Manager” on your PC.
- Locate and expand “Display adapters”.
- Right-click your video card.
- From the context menu, select “Update driver”.
- Now, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Lastly, wait till Windows updates the driver for your video card.
Method 3: Use Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Drivers are a major culprit behind most of the BSOD errors. Therefore, you should update not only the video card drivers but other outdated drivers as well. One painless way to do so is through Bit Driver Updater. This utility does wonders for your PC. It updates the drivers automatically without you having to make any tiresome efforts and, at the same time, takes the PC’s performance to greater heights. We’ll talk about the complete benefits of this tool a little later. First, let’s have a look at how to use it.
How to use Bit Driver Updater for Downloading, Installing & Updating Video Card Drivers
To update drivers with Bit Driver Updater, you need to follow a quick and simple series of steps. Here it is.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and set it up.
- Launch the utility and let it scan the device.
- After the scan is finished (the scan takes only a few seconds to complete), click on “Update Now” to update only the video card driver. For updating each of the drivers in one go, click on “Update All” and get Bit Driver Updater’s Pro version.
Now, a question that pops up is why buy Bit Driver Updater’s Pro version when there are a plethora of free driver updaters. Well, we’ve got the most straightforward explanation. Bit Driver Updater provides several benefits that none of the other utilities offer and this makes it worth every penny that you spend. Below we share a few of these advantages.
Why choose Bit Driver Updater?
Here are the noteworthy advantages of this utility that make it better than the rest of the driver updaters available in the marketplace.
- Provides the much-needed feature to schedule scans.
- Allows you to backup and restore drivers.
- The tool supports multiple languages and all the latest versions of Windows.
- With this utility, you can exclude the drivers that you don’t want to scan and update.
- It runs super fast driver scans.
- Bit Driver Updater enhances the performance of your PC and makes it 50% faster.
It is not the end of Bit Driver Updater’s amazing features and benefits. You will get to know more after you click on the below download link and use it. Even we solved all the PC problems with Bit Driver Updater in a jiffy.
Download, Install and Update Video Driver: Done successfully
Through this post, we learned the best ways to download, install, reinstall, and update video card drivers on Windows 10. We hope that all your device drivers are now well updated. In case you have any questions, doubts, or comments, then feel free to drop them in the comment box below. We will see you soon with another such easy tech solution.