Our computer screen viewing pleasure is affected by numerous conditions such as sunlight and more. Therefore, we need to adjust the display resolution according to the circumstances in which we are using the computer. However, many users have complained about a frustrating situation where Windows 10 can’t change the resolution as per their preference. Using the computer in a high or low resolution can not only harm your eyes but the device as well. Therefore, this post throws light on the simple fixes to resolve this issue in the twinkling of an eye.
Let’s not waste even a single minute anymore and begin troubleshooting the problems due to which you are unable to change the resolution on Windows 10.
Quick Fixes for Windows 10 Can’t Change the Resolution (100% Working)
You do not have to beat your brains out to solve Windows 10 can’t change the resolution problem. You only need to apply the fixes shared here to get rid of this issue.
Fix 1: Install the Display Driver Again
Incorrectly installed display drivers give rise to problems that hamper the viewing experience. Therefore, to fix the Windows 10 can’t change the resolution issue, uninstall the display driver and reinstall it. Here is the step-by-step way to do it.
- Use the Windows and R combination of keys to initiate the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run box is initiated, type “devmgmt.msc” in the given bar and select “OK.”
- After the Device Manager dialog box launches, expand the segment named “Display adapters.”
- Right-click on the display adapter and choose “Uninstall device.”
- Give your confirmation to uninstall the driver and restart the PC.
Fix 2: Roll Back the Graphics Driver
In case you Windows could not change your display to this resolution that you desire after a driver update, then roll back the driver to a previous version. Below is the step-by-step method to do it.
- Initiate the Device Manager on your PC.
- Expand the category called “Display adapters.”
- Double click on the graphics driver to launch the Properties box.
- After the Properties box shows up, go the “Driver” tab.
- Click on the button named “Roll Back Driver.”
- Travel with the steps appearing on your screen to roll back the graphics
Fix 3: Install the Display Driver in Compatibility Mode
There may be compatibility issues between your device and the installed driver. Therefore, to resolve the problems causing the Windows 10 can’t change the resolution bug, try installing the display driver in compatibility mode. Implement these steps carefully to do it.
- Right-click on the graphic card installation file and choose “Properties.”
- Wait for the Properties box to appear, and after it opens, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Checkmark the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
- Choose the desired Windows version from the dropdown list.
- Select “OK” and then click on “Apply” to save the changes.
Fix 4: Use Catalyst Control Center of AMD
This solution applies to users having an AMD graphic card. If you have an AMD display card and want to solve Windows 10 can’t change the resolution problem, then you can do so via AMD Catalyst Control Center. Here is how to use it.
- Go to Device Manager and expand the category of “Display adapters.”
- Right-click your display driver and choose “Update driver.”
- Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- State the newest driver available with you and click on “Next.”
- After the process finishes, restart your computer.
- Wait for the AMD Catalyst Control Center to open. And, after it opens, go to “Digital Flat Panels.”
- Move to the “Scaling options”, make the required changes, and click on “Apply.”
Also Read: https://blogs.innovanathinklabs.com/download-update-amd-graphics-driver/
Fix 5: Use the NVIDIA Control Panel
In case you have the NVIDIA Control Panel and are struggling to fix Windows 10 can’t change the resolution problem, then you can solve it through NVIDIA Control Panel. Below are the steps for doing the same.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Choose the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Move to “Display.”
- Adjust the resolution as per your requirements.
Fix 6: Update Your Windows Version
Through every update, Microsoft patches the security loopholes as well as fixes various problems such as Windows 10 can’t change the resolution. Therefore, implement the process described below to update Windows.
- Trigger the Run dialog box on Windows 10.
- After the box is displayed, in the bar titled Open, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” and choose “OK.”
- After the Windows update screen comes to sight, click the “Check for updates” button.
- Now, click on the “Download” option to install the updated Windows version.
Fix 7: Update Drivers (Recommended)
Do you know what causes most of the troublesome PC errors? Well, the majority of problems are a result of outdated drivers. Updating drivers can fix not only this but all the other computer issues as well. Therefore, update the drivers. You can accomplish this task both manually and automatically. However, we do not suggest the former way as it is a bit technical and needs a lot of patience. We always recommend automatic driver updates using Bit Driver Updater. This utility is the best tool to update drivers without applying any tiring effort and elevate the device performance. We will discuss the reasons for calling it the best tool a little later. First, let’s go through the simple procedure that you need to implement to use it.
Simple Procedure to Update Drivers with Bit Driver Updater
- Download and Install it via the button below.
- Keep calm for a few seconds till the software runs an automatic device scan.
- Once the scan result pops up, review it and click the “Update Now” option located in front of each driver to download its updated version. If this appears troublesome, then you can take a smart shortcut and click on “Update All” to update all the drivers concurrently in the blink of an eye.
The above steps are the only thing that you need to follow for updating drivers through Bit Driver Updater. In addition to this, we have a multitude of reasons to call this utility the best way to update drivers. We enlist them below.
How Is Bit Driver Updater The Best Way To Update Drivers?
The below reasons make Bit Driver Updater our favorite choice to update drivers and resolve PC errors.
- It downloads WHQL validated driver updates.
- Driver backup and restoration is easy as pie with this tool.
- If you do not want to scan all the drivers, then you can add drivers to the Ignore list to exclude them from the scan.
- Bit Driver Updater enhances the speed of computers by up to 50%.
- It is a multilinguistic software and supports a wide range of languages.
- You can get this utility for all the three new Windows versions, i.e., Windows 7, 8, and 10.
In addition to the ones stated above, there are a plethora of reasons that make Bit Driver Updater the best solution for all driver-related problems. Click on the below link to get this best driver updater.
Windows 10 Can’t Change Resolution: Fixed
This write-up helped us fix the Windows 10 can’t change the resolution problem in an easy manner. We solved this issue and every other computer problem that was troubling us with Bit Driver Updater. We would love to know your views on the solutions shared in this post. Also, in case you have any questions, then do not hesitate to ask the same through the comment box. And, if you have not yet subscribed to our mailing list, then it would be a pleasure for us to add you to the same.