It is a general perception that larger display makes games, movies, and such other things more enjoyable. But, what if the screen becomes so big that you cannot even see what it displays. Then, the same display seems irritatingly annoying. The same thing is happening with many Windows 10 users these days. Their Windows 10 display is too big that it has become a vexing problem for them. Are you also worried because of the same issue? If yes, then keep your worries aside and go through this typewritten note with the utmost attention.
Here we elucidate the most straightforward and quick fixes for Windows 10 resolution too big. Without wasting valuable time, let’s begin fixing the problem.
Simple and Quick Fixes for Windows 10 Display Too Big
Below are the simplest remedies to fix Windows 10 display too big in a New York minute.
Solution 1: Set the Screen Resolution to Recommended
In case you have played with the display settings on your computer, the Windows 10 display may become too big. Therefore, to fix the issue, set the resolution to the recommended value. String along these steps to do it.
- Right-click anywhere on the empty computer desktop space and select “Display settings.”
- Click on “Display Resolution” and select the Recommend resolution for your screen from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Keep Changes” to confirm your actions.
- Check whether the Windows 10 screen resolution is too big or the problem is now solved. If the issue persists, then move to the next fix.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM Error Code 19
Solution 2: Set the Scale and Layout to the Recommended
Changing the scale and layout settings can make your Windows 10 display too big. Therefore, set the scale and layout settings to the recommended value. Below are the steps to do it.
- Right-click on the empty space and desktop and select “Display settings” from the context menu.
- Once the Display window opens, go to “Scale and layout” and click on the arrow to change its settings.
- Select the recommended value from the drop-down menu that appears on the screen.
- Click on “Keep Changes” to save the changes that you have made.
- Check whether the Windows 10 screen is too big for the monitor or the problem is now solved.
Solution 3: Update Your Operating System
Updating Windows can solve most problems including Windows 10 too big for the screen. Therefore, try updating the operating system. Follow the instructions shared here to do it.
- Press the keyboard keys Windows and R simultaneously to open “Run box.”
- Once the Run box opens, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” in the designated space, and click on “OK.”
- After the Windows update screen comes up, click on the “Check for updates” button.
- Download the available update and check whether the desktop is too big for the screen or the issue has now disappeared for good.
Solution 4: Change the Size of Icons
Changing the icon size can make them visible even if the Windows 10 display is too big. Therefore, go along with the below steps to change the icon size.
- Right-click on the empty desktop space and choose “View” from the context menu.
- Select your desired icon size from the on-screen options.
- Check whether the screen resolution on Windows 10 is too big or it is normal.
Solution 5: Change the Taskbar Icon Size
If the Windows 10 display is too big, then changing the size of icons on Taskbar solves the problem in viewing icons. Therefore, travel with the instructions shared here to change the Taskbar icon size.
- Right-click the Taskbar and choose “Taskbar Settings.”
- Enable the “Use small taskbar buttons” option.
Solution 6: Roll Back the Graphics Driver
The currently installed graphics driver may be the reason for which Windows 10 is too big for the screen. Therefore, roll back the driver to an earlier version with the below steps.
- Summon the “Run box.”
- In the space provided in the Run box, input “devmgmt.msc” and click the “OK” button.
- After the Device Manager comes up, expand the section of “Display adapters.”
- Double click your graphics card to see its Properties.
- After the Properties dialog box shows up, go to the “Driver” tab and click the “Roll Back Driver” button.
- Follow the directions coming up on your screen to complete the rollback and after it completes, check whether the too big Windows 10 display has returned to normal or not.
Solution 7: Update the Graphics Driver (Recommended)
An outdated graphics driver is among the prominent reasons for which the Windows 10 display is too big. Therefore, updating the driver is one of the sure-shot solutions to this problem. There are multiple options through which you can update the driver on your computer. These options also include manual methods such as updating drivers via Device Manager or the website of the component manufacturer. But, we do not recommend the manual ways because they are quite technical, require a lot of time, and if you make even a single mistake while updating the driver manually, then you may encounter severe PC errors. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you update drivers automatically using ITL Driver Updater. This tool updates outdated drivers installs missing drivers, fixes corrupt drivers, and resolves various computer errors without requiring any tedious efforts from your side. Let’s understand how to use this utility. After that, we will look at its advantages.
How to Use ITL Driver Updater?
- Download ITL Driver Updater from the link shared in this post and install it on your computer.
- After the utility is installed, it automatically launches. But, if yours is a rare case and it does not launch automatically, then open it.
- Wait for the tool to initiate the automatic PC scan. In case the scan is not initiated for some reason (happens rarely), then click on “Scan” to initiate it.
- Once the scan completes, click on the “Update Now” option located next to the graphic driver. If you want to update all device drivers in a single click of the mouse, then select “Update All.”
Praiseworthy Advantages of ITL Driver Updater
ITL Driver Updater provides numerous benefits. Below we enlist the prominent ones out of those advantages.
- It downloads and installs only those driver updates that are authenticated by WHQL.
- With ITL Driver Updater at your disposal, you can effortlessly backup drivers and restore them whenever you need to do it.
- Hosts an option to exclude a driver from the scan if you do not want any driver to be scanned.
- The driver database of ITL Driver Updater is gigantic.
- This utility gives a new life to your computer and makes it 50% faster.
- You can use this utility on all the latest Windows versions.
- ITL Driver Updater is available in multiple languages.
These were only a few key benefits of ITL Driver Updater. You need to use this utility to know more about the advantages of this tool. Here is the link to download it.
Windows 10 Display Too Big: Solved
This post educated us on the ways to solve this problem of Windows 10 display too big. We fixed this as well as all the other computer issues that troubled us through ITL Driver Updater. In addition to fixing the driver-related problems, this utility made the performance of our PC super smooth and fast. In know about any other better way to solve this problem, then do let us know about it in the comment box below. Also, if you have any questions or other suggestions, then you can share them with us. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this typewritten note. And, we will return with another post soon. Do not forget to join our mailing list so that you do not miss it.